DVDVR Message Board

Ok, so I don't understand how Darren Young gained viewers, since his match wasn't advertised ahead of time. Were there really people switching to Raw every ten minutes going, "Is that the gay dude? Nope?" and then clicking off until his match came up??

I would attribute a third-hour drop-off to bedtime for anyone under the age of 15.

Does the Nielsen box know when you're asleep?

The way it works over here is there's a box connected to every TV in the house, and each person in the household has an identification number they more or less "log in" with when they turn a set on (and a bunch of extra numbers for guests, where you're expected to log them in with their basic details like sex/age).

(edit: "Worked", at least - it's been a couple of years.)

Ok, so I don't understand how Darren Young gained viewers, since his match wasn't advertised ahead of time. Were there really people switching to Raw every ten minutes going, "Is that the gay dude? Nope?" and then clicking off until his match came up??

I think those numbers are as arbitrary as they are meaningful & I wouldn't read too much into them. It's fine for looking at general trends, but I don't think you can take this segment by segment shit all too seriously.

I watched the AM Raw last night, and boy, is Bryan over with the live crowd. They went nuts for him in that opening segment with Steph, just nuts. 

I think Bryan needs some kind of short-term help, though: Basically it's him vs. "the Corporation," which consists of Orton, HHH, Vince, Stephanie, Brad Maddox and the Shield. So it's technically 8 on 1, including the owners of the company and the general manager. If he overcomes those odds without a little help, it seems almost too superhuman. Someone or ones should step up and say "we've got your back," and the best candidates would be Big Show-Mark Henry. They don't have to form a lasting alliance, just a "common good"-type thing.

The problem is that WWE has never been much on babyface alliances outside of Survivor Series.  Which is a shame, actually.  One of the things I liked about JCP was the fact that every face in the company was united in their hatred of the Horsemen, so they had each other's backs.

The problem is that WWE has never been much on babyface alliances outside of Survivor Series.  Which is a shame, actually.  One of the things I liked about JCP was the fact that every face in the company was united in their hatred of the Horsemen, so they had each other's backs.

And their (forced) admiration of Dusty.
  • Like 1

Goddammit FSW, the man is the longest reigning WWE Champion in modern history. He's defeated wrestlers like Ryback, Kane, and DVDVR darling Mark Henry. If those guys couldn't stand a chance against The Best In The World, then Brock sure as hell doesn't. Deal with it already. Because when it's time to induct Punk into the HOF, Brock will be calling him "Boss" when he personally inducts him live at the Sugarpova Arena in 2025.

Doesn't count because he did too many "non-title match" jobs ranging from real guys like Cena and Bryan down to total numbnut non-entities like Ziggler and Kane during his bullshit longest reign. Modern history is just code for the "titles don't mean shit anymore" and stringing out Punk's reign as long as they did doesn't even make his reign anymore significant than JBL's. Besides by now cRyback's just the modern equivalent to The Warlord. And even he made Punk look like his punk bitch for the majority of those matches regardless of the end result."The Beast" gave way too much to the glorified tatted up sandwich artist. On the other hand, it really doesn't matter because by now it's clear Brock's only there to swap wins with the top guys even if they're glorified sandwich artists undeserving of the rub.
I'm amused at the implication that Punk's reign needs an asterix next to it. Good luck with your petition.

I watched the AM Raw last night, and boy, is Bryan over with the live crowd. They went nuts for him in that opening segment with Steph, just nuts. 

I think Bryan needs some kind of short-term help, though: Basically it's him vs. "the Corporation," which consists of Orton, HHH, Vince, Stephanie, Brad Maddox and the Shield. So it's technically 8 on 1, including the owners of the company and the general manager. If he overcomes those odds without a little help, it seems almost too superhuman. Someone or ones should step up and say "we've got your back," and the best candidates would be Big Show-Mark Henry. They don't have to form a lasting alliance, just a "common good"-type thing.

Danielson needs to align w/ the Wyatt family. Not because Bray Wyatt is his messiah, not because he's following the buzzards; simply because they share an affinity for great beards.

I watched the AM Raw last night, and boy, is Bryan over with the live crowd. They went nuts for him in that opening segment with Steph, just nuts. I think Bryan needs some kind of short-term help, though: Basically it's him vs. "the Corporation," which consists of Orton, HHH, Vince, Stephanie, Brad Maddox and the Shield. So it's technically 8 on 1, including the owners of the company and the general manager. If he overcomes those odds without a little help, it seems almost too superhuman. Someone or ones should step up and say "we've got your back," and the best candidates would be Big Show-Mark Henry. They don't have to form a lasting alliance, just a "common good"-type thing.

Danielson needs to align w/ the Wyatt family. Not because Bray Wyatt is his messiah, not because he's following the buzzards; simply because they share an affinity for great beards.
I don't know that the Bellas are all that "great," per se.
  • Like 1

Right after Mania last year I wanted them to redo the MegaPowers storyline but with Punk, Bryan, and AJ.

And their (forced) admiration of Dusty.

This promo comes to mind when you mention that.

• Like 2