DVDVR Message Board

2013: UPCOMING MOVIES/CASTING/RUMORS/ETC

Dolfan in NYC

So I guess my thing is still going too then.

GUYS!  Has anyone ever woken up on vacation tied down to a metal sheet with barbed wire?  I'm not asking for any particular reason.  Just wondering if there's a button on the phone to get, like, the concierge to help you out.

Also, has Liam Neeson mentioned me to anyone?  I only ask because I forgot to mention the cat's special poop medicine to him. If she doesn't get it three times a day, it gets messy in there.  Liam knows this, I think...but I don't want him to be surprised.

Goddamn it, they're gonna nuke this and all the Mark Henry work will be for nothing.

TBH Mark Henry Productions should have its own thread.

It's already played out, giving it its own thread would just kill it dead. It was fun though.

Now the "Who's The Racist Witch Hunt" that seems to be going around the board lately could probably be stowed away.

This isn't a witch hunt. He said something EXTREMELY stupid and moronic. That's par for the course on here, but it is also VERY disrespectful.

I don't disagree, but I don't think there was more thought put into it than "don't take kids to places with lions" either. So while I'm on your side, I would ask what's your ideal way for this conversation to end, and do you think you are going to get it?

He can just apologize for being a douchebag. That would be a good start.  You don't say some James K. Vardaman type rhetoric and expect people to be cool with it.

Dude, you *really* think you're gonna get Antacular to apologize for being a dick.  Being a dick is his gimmick, like Gonzalez's seems to be going scorched earth now.

Friends also don't let friends watch Drew Barrymore movies (except the first scene of Scream.)

Although it isn't technically a Drew Barrymore movie, and it somewhat bastardizes roller derby, Whip It is pretty good.

Aw, no love for 50 First Dates?

I liked that one.  Loved Music and Lyrics and The Wedding Singer.  Barrymore isn't particularly great or irreplaceable in any of them but I was entertained by the movies nonetheless.

See. I like that kind of trailer. Just give me a quick monologue that kind of sums up some themes, and don't give me every fucking scene in the movie in chronological order, summed up in two and a half minutes.

video

See. I like that kind of trailer. Just give me a quick monologue that kind of sums up some themes, and don't give me every fucking scene in the movie in chronological order, summed up in two and a half minutes.

Sadly, it's been proven over and over again that the more explicit a trailer is about spelling out a movie, the more likely it is to succeed.  Why?  Fuck if I know.

I don't have time to post it now, but there was a trailer for Neighbors in front of Anchorman 2 and it looks hilarious. I was dying laughing at the Robert DeNiro party bit and James Franco's brother threatening Seth Rogen by saying he violated the circle of trust.

video

Sadly, it's been proven over and over again that the more explicit a trailer is about spelling out a movie, the more likely it is to succeed.  Why?  Fuck if I know.

As always, case in point, Double Jeopardy.

video

As always, case in point, Double Jeopardy.

That fucking movie and it's complete lack of understanding what its title phrase means.