DVDVR Message Board

Grand Theft Auto V Talk.

Yeah - big thanks to Stout for helping me pick some cars out. Saved me a ton of time just piggybacking off his research because I'm basically too dumb to know what cars are in which class and all that. I decided to stop hoarding my hooker money like Scrooge McDuck and actually round out my basically useless second garage with something souped up in most of the classes. We did a sports classic race not long ago and I was the only one without a custom car, so everybody ran stock cars. Made me feel like an asshole, so I vowed to get something in every category. I think I only lack the SUV class now.

I still have 2 mil in hooker money to boot. I figured I should spend it before they take it, but I kind of feel like they won't take it this time-  unlike the glorious hacker money days.

I wasn't feeling well this morning so I laid off work to get some more rest. Got on a little later and did some missions with randoms. The Pickup Sticks missions can suck a big one. I don't remember it at all, but it's timed and you have to fly to different locations and pick up packages while 9000 guys shoot at you. I knew it was bad when I collected the first package from the top of a tower, then proceeded to fall off said tower. I have no idea how I managed to survive.

And I wanted to post this before I forget. As a thank you to Stout for the vehicle help the other day, my repayment is going to be the opportunity for you to say "I told you so." The highest level guy in my freemode a few minutes ago had a bounty, so I decided to entertain myself by going after him. He took off in a helicopter and landed on a building. He was holding off every player and police chopper that came his way. I bet  the dude used up every bit of minigun ammo he had. I tried to hide my blip and land on a building near him to snipe, but he saw through it and blew me up. The helicopter I used was a Merryweather pickup - this will come into play in a second.

The building he was on had an overhang, so I was able to get directly under him. "Oh my God," I thought, "FINALLY an opportunity to use Stout's airstrike method."

Only I had forgotten about shooting the pilot out of the chopper, so all I hear is something like, "Due to your recent actions, Merryweather has decided to suspend your privileges - yada yada yada." Someone else ended up killing the guy before I could get him.

Shooting the helicopter pilot finally bit me in the ass. I should have listened, Stout...

• Like 2

I like Pickup Sticks - mostly I like that they went out of their way to make a Mission that you can't just Buzzard your way through. It's just you need a good team, with communication, or it can turn to shit really easily. Remember to do it with One Runner and Three Gunners in cover and you'll be fine.

See how there's loads of Muscle Cars, but the Gauntlet is the best? There's loads of SUVs, and the Radius is the best.

How to get the Police Mocker award (for evading a five star wanted level lots of times) easily: GET TO THA CHOPPA, land on the roof of the jail (4 stars). Fly to the city and land on a building. Shoot down police choppers until you get the fifth star. Trigger a mission off your phone, and pay to have the stars removed. Quit the mission to return to free mode, getting your money and stars back in the process. Trigger a mission off your phone. Quit out. And so on, until you get the platinum award. 

EDIT TO ADD: Apparently, Mission payouts are now based mostly on the amount of time you take doing the mission, and how many people you do the mission with. I've managed to get $17600 and $22500 for two runs through Chemical Extraction, first with three people, second with five.

Had a hilarious bit of good luck in the Getaway DM tonight.  Was on top of the main building's roof stalking a guy on the beach when I accidentally fell off.  Guy doesn't notice me fall in the bushes to his left, so I calmly send him into the great beyond with my assault SG.  Took cover in the nearest wall and peeked around the corner to find the entire rest of the other team running down a sidewalk right at me.  Shotgun took care of all 4 of them before they could react.  Finished up 9/0.  Chalk one up for dumb luck.

I've told you, RUkered, it's the dude's first day AND he's hungover and he's wrecked twice. His day's been going bad enough already, and then you kill him? I will if it's a mission and I need a helicopter really badly, but usually I'll either steal a helicopter or let him fly me while I pour another drink and eat a snack. It's a good break.

The airstrike works about 1 out of every 10 times, but CHEESIS~! is it fucking hilarious when it works. It's probably killed me more than its kiled the dude I'm going for, but who cares? It costs $6 grand, but who cares? 

And AxB, we are in agreement on the SUV and Muscle cars. I don't really know about the Muscle cars 'cause they've came out with so many, but I haven't heard any real chatter about one being the best. Plus they all cost money and the Gauntlet is SO easily stealable. 

I think the Huntley accelerates better than the Radius, but that's it. The acceleration edge is SO not worth $250,000 when probably one out of every thousand races are SUV races. The Radius is incredibly stealable. 

Let's see, if I had to have just one in each class:

Super: Entity or Zentorno

Sports: Massacro (Elegy's a fine car for the cheap)

Sedan: Tailgater

Coupe: Exemplar

Muscle: Gauntlet

Sports Classics: Monroe

Compact: Issi for the cheap, Rhapsody for the not (so few compact races, the money spent may not be worth it)

Off-road: Sanchez

Motorcycle:Bati 801

SUV: Radius (unless you're loaded, then the Huntley)

Robert, I just laugh when someone comes straight at me in Freemode. It's like "are you that stupid?" BOOM "Yep, you are."

Oh, and I guess just about everyone in Los Santos is headed off to Uranus or Saturn or whatever, but rest assured the Four Horsemen of Los Santos is keeping a grip on the 20 or so who remain. "The Nature Boy" Melraz, "The Enforcer" Robert C, "The Outlaw" RUkered and me, Paul Roma.

• Like 2

*crickets chirp*

I should also be on board for Titans.   Still working through Playthrough Numbet 2, so GTA5 isn't leaving the Games Being Played shelf quite yet.

GTA 5 Redux Recap:

The Paletto Score and Derailed are in the books.  I got a Silver Medal so I am not going to even bother going back for the nitpicky criteria.  In Derailed, I made the jump onto the train on the first try, so I didn't even entertain the idea of pressing my luck to see if I could get the Max Sanchez speed deal.  If I had fallen off of the train, I would have been pissed off.

All that remains is Monkey Business and I can get along with Act 3 where the crew triumphantly returns to Los Santos.

Once that happens, I will switch gears to focus on completing 50 Stunt Jumps and then move along to Endgame and revisiting the Assassination Missions so I can hoodwink the Stock Market into giving me billions of dollars.  I will end my GTA5 career unlocking the Three Man Army medal and by then I should also have 100% Completion.

• Like 1

Well if anyone is still playing GTA - I will be on for Titans tonight.

Now that's what I'm talking about. Good man. Los Santos needs a few good men. Of course, that'll change to me cussing you after your 10,000th kill of me in the night's first deathmatch. The mayor's office issued a statement yesterday to all Destiny players: "You can stick Saturn up Uranus, boys."

I will end my GTA5 career unlocking the Three Man Army medal and by then I should also have 100% Completion.

So are you at the point yet where the aliens take you up in their ship, give you an anal probe and the Scott Baio gives you pinkeye?

I should be on around 9.  Trying to go the gym in the evening after work.  (If my buddy cancels I'll be on at the normal time)

You can do like I do - join a gym and never go. I've belonged to my current gym for four months and have gone twice. At least it's really inexpensive. They love me. Every day it's "I've gotta go to the gym tomorrow." Tomorrow never arrives, it's weird. 

I should be online.  My wife's back went out pretty badly this morning, so I may be dropping off from time to time to take care of her.

That youngurn's gonna be a football player. No matter what the sex (but I think it's gonna be a boy, right?), name the kid Johnny Football. I'm serious. Imagine the press coverage. During the 2008 presidential race, someone from my hometown made national news when he named his girl "Sarah McCain Palin."

Melraz, Robert and I were "fighting" these two last night who would go into glitches, go into passive, go into passive in glitches, you name it, they did it, and pretty much every time they weren't in passive, they were getting dominated. Mel leaves, so Robert and I keep up the pressure since we're the only four in there and we wanna run them off for ran-off room no. 2.

Then Robert says "this room's full," and sure enough, the room pretty much magically went from 4 to 16. We start chasing other dots, 'cause those guys are just passive-mode babies. Frickin' five seconds after Robert goes to find another dot, he finds 18 of them. I'm like (dammit, Robert) "I'm headed your way."

As soon as I arrive, the place thins out (coincidence, I'm certain) and it's down to us 2 against one guy. He's doing very well against me and staying even with Robert. Then here comes a jet. Jet thrashes me, killing me about seven times before crashing. I said to Robert "watch this asshole, he's gonna come back in in passive." No, he came back and proceeded to stick a sniper rifle so far up my ass the barrel was sticking out of my mouth.

He proceeded to thrash the living shit out of me, just beat me unmerciful while I cowered in a corner. I got a real fluky kill on him late, so I think the final total was 14-1 or something. Not fun. It's amaing how the game can go (for me) from kicking the shit out of someone to getting the shit kicked out of me so easily.

• Like 2

That youngurn's gonna be a football player. No matter what the sex (but I think it's gonna be a boy, right?), name the kid Johnny Football. I'm serious. Imagine the press coverage. During the 2008 presidential race, someone from my hometown made national news when he named his girl "Sarah McCain Palin."

I should be online.  My wife's back went out pretty badly this morning, so I may be dropping off from time to time to take care of her.

Melraz, Robert and I were "fighting" these two last night who would go into glitches, go into passive, go into passive in glitches, you name it, they did it, and pretty much every time they weren't in passive, they were getting dominated. Mel leaves, so Robert and I keep up the pressure since we're the only four in there and we wanna run them off for ran-off room no. 2.

Then Robert says "this room's full," and sure enough, the room pretty much magically went from 4 to 16. We start chasing other dots, 'cause those guys are just passive-mode babies. Frickin' five seconds after Robert goes to find another dot, he finds 18 of them. I'm like (dammit, Robert) "I'm headed your way."

As soon as I arrive, the place thins out (coincidence, I'm certain) and it's down to us 2 against one guy. He's doing very well against me and staying even with Robert. Then here comes a jet. Jet thrashes me, killing me about seven times before crashing. I said to Robert "watch this asshole, he's gonna come back in in passive." No, he came back and proceeded to stick a sniper rifle so far up my ass the barrel was sticking out of my mouth.

He proceeded to thrash the living shit out of me, just beat me unmerciful while I cowered in a corner. I got a real fluky kill on him late, so I think the final total was 14-1 or something. Not fun. It's amaing how the game can go (for me) from kicking the shit out of someone to getting the shit kicked out of me so easily.

Yeah, we're having a boy.  I'll try to convince my wife on the whole JFF name.  She's an Aggie too, but not sure she'll go along with that one.

That pair we kept trying to run off were just about the dirt worst I've ever come across.  Glitch/passive/repeat.  They kept going in the parking garage glitch.  Then after we got em out of there, one ran all the way across the map to the bridge glitch near the east side LSC.  Poor little bastard was sitting over there for the longest, waiting forlornly for somebody to come after him.  He kept texting me, and I kept laughing at him.

I was in the middle of trying to figure out our latest strategy on them when all of a sudden I saw a bunch of X killed Y messages.  No idea how the room filled up without us even realizing, but I was happy to leave those clowns behind.  Rolled right into the middle of 5 or 6 dots, only to find they were mostly working together.  It was still better than what we had before.  The final two from that last scrum could go for sure.  I wound up even with sniper boy, and down 3 kills to jet boy, though that's counting the 3 times he got me with the damn jet.

First room we cleared out was full of the most clueless players ever.  I'd been in there about 30 minutes, spent mostly in a near constant firefight, before I got killed by anything other than a jet/buzzard.  melraz and I were going at least 10 for 1 on that bunch.  They'd mostly vanished by the time you joined to finish off the server.

I think it is always going to be a crap shoot to who is playing what.

Like JT - I still need to sit down and play the story AND I won't stop playing online till I hit 120 because I want that stupid achievement

We will probably lose Mark to Destiny.

I will keep playing GTA Online for as long as I still have Story Mode missions to beat and achievements to unlock.

Considering i had not played in GTA in a couple weeks, yes.

Destiny coming out made the transition easier, but i had burnt out on GTA (with no heists as a carrot) and was playing AC4 instead, when i did play. (I think i went almost a week not even turning on the xbox.)

Am I the only one that gets unsettled every time they see Bing or Google is currently viewing this thread?  I keep thinking they're reading our latest exploits and forwarding it to the NSA.  If they take it out of context, I figure some of us are gonna wake up one morning and find we've been renditioned to Diego Garcia or something.

• Like 1

Am I the only one that gets unsettled every time they see Bing or Google is currently viewing this thread?  I keep thinking they're reading our latest exploits and forwarding it to the NSA.  If they take it out of context, I figure some of us are gonna wake up one morning and find we've been renditioned to Diego Garcia or something.

Well, we do know someone right in the vacinity ...

• Like 1

Dead hooker

Hacked

Glitch

Explosives

RPG

Come at me, Bing. And while you're focused on me, Melraz has snuck up on you like a velociraptor.

And I'm sticking with GTA until everybody gets sick of it. I always do that. I probably tooled around in GTA 4 freemode for 3 years. So I'll be on tonight.

• Like 2

Spent the afternoon doing missions with the Mayor. He must've been feeling generous toward the remaining people of Los Santos, to spare them his Freemode wrath.

We made an amazing amount of money and I don't think we failed a mission once. We accidentally picked a team mission once and decided to collaborate. I had to drive a truck about 20,000,000 miles and thought "this is gonna suck" until I called in a Cargobob, Melraz stole it, picked me up while I was in the truck and flew me to within 500 feet of the drop-off point despite not being able to see it on his map. That was fun. I made $14,000 for it, too, and he made $7,000.

I then went into Freemode long enough to maybe sell a car or something when Kill Targey popped up. Off I went. I really think the other guy got him, but this would've been awesome: A player was out of his car, for some reason, shooting Target with a machine gun. I drove up, threw a sticky on the SUV, backed up (since I was in a PV - I think that was my mistake) and blew the car up, but I really think dude beat me to it, barely.

I think that's now my favorite thing to do in the game, when I manage to do it - stealing Target kills from other players. It gives me a sense of satisfaction, and you can tell it royally pisses off the other player. It's amazing to me how many people try to shoot the guy when it's so easy to sticky bomb the car.

• Like 2

Yeah I think that's the first time in gta online history when the opposing team helps deliver a vehicle that they were suppose to blow up. Ahhhh only in the dvdr we can't be separated, blood is thicker than water. Shed blood together, and uh drink water together...yeah sure that works.

• Like 3

HERE COME MUNDUNGO!!!!!!!

I hate that guy. He was up on me 20-18 and challenged me to a one-on-one. Asshole somehow grabs a tank when I get up on him 4-3. I see that he's talking, so I switched over to game chat and he's talking about how he's up 20 on me and how we're pussies. I'd be mad about it if it wasn't so ridiculous.

I got on early and got to do some missions before the freemode chaos. I learned a couple things. 1 - when Robert gets on a hot streak, it's best to just accept your defeat and move on. I think I saw his air guitar victory screen so much I dreamed about it. 2 - spectating Stout during an air race is more entertaining that actually racing.

Afterwards, we took to freemode, and it was one of the most chaotic nights I can remember. There were plenty who could hold their own, and you couldn't focus on one or two without having three rammed up your ass somewhere else.

• Like 1

I had planned on coming back to freemode after I walked the dog but next thing I knew it was 3 am and I had passed out in the most awkward position on the couch. So very old.

Yeah - stout passive agressively hating on us for doing the plane races we had never done was great.

We need to do Titty Twister with a much larger group as I imagine far more driving off the mountain would have occurred

• Like 1