DVDVR Message Board

Grand Theft Auto V Talk.

Mis, you're kinda like Lex Luger in WWF - one minute you're in the Allied Powers, and the next you're showing up on WCW Monday Night Destiny live from Uranus.

Said it before, will say it again - I can't blame anyone, though, for jumping ship. This game is a year old. That's 10 in dog years, which is 70 in human years. It's had a good life.

At this point, I'd like to find another game I like. I spend 90 percent of my time now "rage racing," which means I'm constantly trying to chase people around who PITted me in order to get my revenge. Tonight was sweet - I was racing real clean with these two dudes when one tried to PIT me, plain as day, and failed. So I PIT'ed him, spinning myself out in the process. Then I caught up to him and spun him out again, causing him to quit the race. Then I caught up to the guy in first and won.

Actually, I have about 2,000 other things I should be doing with my life than playing video games, but you know how that shit goes.

• Like 1

Actually, I have about 2,000 other things I should be doing with my life than playing video games, but you know how that shit goes.

This man speaks the truth.

When Destiny hits redbox you should pick it up for a day or two and give it a whirl.  I haven't gotten to play with anyone on the board since the Beta, but now that Robert has picked it up and began playing, and knowing he sometimes keeps those strange hours I'm hoping that will change shortly.  Also, if you are on that would complete the 3 man fireteam for the nightshift, and we could power you through a few levels and get your rank up.  It's a lot more fun playing with other people, and with redbox you don't have to commit to a new $60 game.  

I saw you on, but figured if you wanted a running buddy, you knew how to find me. There's been many a night where you've invited me to shitty deathmatches and I've invited you to shitty races.

I'm not the "hey, so and so's on, I'l bug him" type, so if anyone's on and wants to get into trouble, look me up. If not, that's fine, I'm seemingly endlessly entertained by racing and doing missions with randoms. Plus I've been tinkering with my fleet of cars. Got a two-door Felon, and I think I like it better than the four-door. Plus it's a convertible, and those rock.

Would've invited you, but I knew I would only be on for a few minutes.  Just got back from a 6 hour trip to a baby store.  I need to shoot things tonight, if I don't just pass out.

This man speaks the truth.

When Destiny hits redbox you should pick it up for a day or two and give it a whirl.  I haven't gotten to play with anyone on the board since the Beta, but now that Robert has picked it up and began playing, and knowing he sometimes keeps those strange hours I'm hoping that will change shortly.  Also, if you are on that would complete the 3 man fireteam for the nightshift, and we could power you through a few levels and get your rank up.  It's a lot more fun playing with other people, and with redbox you don't have to commit to a new $60 game.  

Like I said, the beta made me realize what I hated about Halo and Borderlands 2 and Destiny - the first-person shooter perspective. Friend of mine said he thought there was a way to play third-person, but I dunno, he may be stupid (If he's a friend of mine, he can't be too bright). That FPS perspective doesn't cut it for me. You guys have fun with this one. A quick Googling (all my Googling is quick) confirms the only third-person is in that marketplace dealie, not the actual shooting.

I saw you on, but figured if you wanted a running buddy, you knew how to find me. There's been many a night where you've invited me to shitty deathmatches and I've invited you to shitty races.

I'm not the "hey, so and so's on, I'l bug him" type, so if anyone's on and wants to get into trouble, look me up. If not, that's fine, I'm seemingly endlessly entertained by racing and doing missions with randoms. Plus I've been tinkering with my fleet of cars. Got a two-door Felon, and I think I like it better than the four-door. Plus it's a convertible, and those rock.

Would've invited you, but I knew I would only be on for a few minutes.  Just got back from a 6 hour trip to a baby store.  I need to shoot things tonight, if I don't just pass out.

I wasn't on for terribly long, either. 

If you see me with a different crew tag on, I've joined a racing crew as a secondary crew. There's about 1,500 of them and they supposedly race fair - getting tired of this PIT shit - so I'm gonna see if I can surround myself in my off-crew "alone time" with fair racers.

Raced with a guy today who absolutely could not win without PITing people. He lost every non-contact race we ran. I got so pissed at him at one point that I didn't even bother to go back when I missed a checkpoint because I was so busy chasing him.

Starting to think the Zentorno's better than the Entity. Faster with better acceleration, anyway. I put a great paint job on my entity - matte black with bright orange pearlescent. Great color scheme for Halloween.

And I'm dying to make poor white dots die for the sins of those who have pissed me off.. Speaking of which,it's nearly work time...

I think the Merriweather services have followed everyone to the moon. Me and Burke were needin a chopper to do high priority case so I call one in, it shows up on the map and 3 days later it lands in the street. I think it even had to stop at the Russian space station to refuel.

• Like 1

Highlight of the night...Burke gets 2 kills with one rocket from the jet. 2 individuals in 2 different cars I might add. The individuals were Robert and myself. The mission was topfun II. One of the coolest things I've seen. Glad I could be part of it. Just wish I was wearin the boot instead of having the busted and sore ass.

• Like 2

I find Trevor to be the most immersive character during free roam. 

I tend to make Michael and Franklin behave as much as you can in a GTA game (ie. I don't needlessly kill normal NPC's or police.) but I do all of the mean spirited things that GTA is known for when I am assuming the role of Trevor.

• Like 1

That double kill was damned impressive. I was flying along going "hey, I'm flying this jet pretty good - maybe I can contribute this time," when suddenly, I saw my contribution was no longer needed.

God, the white dots of Freemode put up ab-so-lutely no resistance last night. It was kinda sad. We got into one of those rooms where everybody was playing stupid - not once did I think "this guy's tough." At one point, I had about three dots on me and instead of thinking "oh, shit, I'm boned," I was thinking "bring it on, boys."

Melraz was running around killing one dude repeatedly with an RPG and nothing else - freakin' Mary Louing with an RPG, It was comical. We'd be in the center of town stuffing a boot up someone's ass, hard, and the rest of the room's like "nothing to see over there, no sir."

It was a wonderful night in Freemode, which I will try to remember and cherish next time I've got a boot up my ass.

New trend: Everybody sees these assholes driving around in jets shooting everyone and want to join in the fun. Level 30s marching by the dozens up to Zancudo to get jets, which they wreck five seconds later. Lather, rinse, repeat. 

Trevor's my favorite video game character ever by a large margin. I usually don't get too psychopathic with him, because I hate running from the law and I'm too cheap to wanna pay the money after getting killed.

Freakin' no Titans tonight for me - boss called me at 9:30 to ask if I could work for him. I don't mind working for him, people get sick, but did he have to call me at 9 freaking 30? Wouldn't noon have done just fine?

• Like 2

Highlight of the night...Burke gets 2 kills with one rocket from the jet. 2 individuals in 2 different cars I might add. The individuals were Robert and myself. The mission was topfun II. One of the coolest things I've seen. Glad I could be part of it. Just wish I was wearin the boot instead of having the busted and sore ass.

I'd put the double kill at highlight #2 of the night, only because nothing topped Burke getting all over you for ruining his dress.

• Like 2

Yeah, thanks to Nate and Robert for being piled up close enough that one rocket did the job.

That's the luckiest I've ever been in the game. I guess it took pity on me after I sucked ass at so many races.

I've been doing a ton of missions lately and have been surprised at how quickly it adds up now. Five missions in and I'm 100k+ richer.

• Like 2

God, the white dots of Freemode put up ab-so-lutely no resistance last night. It was kinda sad. We got into one of those rooms where everybody was playing stupid - not once did I think "this guy's tough." At one point, I had about three dots on me and instead of thinking "oh, shit, I'm boned," I was thinking "bring it on, boys."

Melraz was running around killing one dude repeatedly with an RPG and nothing else - freakin' Mary Louing with an RPG, It was comical. We'd be in the center of town stuffing a boot up someone's ass, hard, and the rest of the room's like "nothing to see over there, no sir."

It was a wonderful night in Freemode, which I will try to remember and cherish next time I've got a boot up my ass.

Yeah, last night was pretty much ideal.  No glitchers/tanks/modders or other assorted bullshit.  Jets were plentiful, but the pilots kept helpfully crashing right next to us.  They were then made to pay for their poor piloting skills.  Lots of folks stayed and tried to fight far longer than they should've.  Almost nobody seemed to know their way around a sniper rifle or an RPG.  I think I only even saw one guy doing the Mary Lou, and he turned out to be no threat whatsoever. 

Most of them turned out to be fairly high level, so the kills didn't feel cheap, even when they were.  It got to the point where we started getting cocky and trying stupid shit.  Funny thing was that it actually worked a lot of the time.

I have no idea how many times we pulled off the kill somebody, sticky bomb his car, trigger the sticky when he gets back in trick.  I think I must've done it at least 8-10 times on my own.

If there are enough people on to run some missions as I do my slow crawl to Level 120 - great.

Otherwise - I will shoot something in Destiny (or ME3 for that matter... poor poor readiness score)

Are RP payouts the same for everyone on a team in a team deathmatch?

I was thinking about leveling up Phil, and the problem with racing is the sliding RP scale for how you place. Everbody'd be happy to throw races, no prob, but even then you don't know how much RP you're gonna get.

Just do some easy classics: Titan of a Job, Trash Talk, Mixed Up with Coke (and a Buzzard or two). We've been having a blast doing missions lately 'cause they're pure collaboration - we're on different teams in a deathmatch and against each other in a race.

I had a blast doing Chop Chop with Phil, Dan and J.T. last week - that was a hoot. I like going through them and learning stuff even if you fail the first time. 

The bigger issue is that I am really sick of grinding the missions we already do a 1000 times

Especially when I have the fucking sticky bomb glitch that doesn't allow me to detonate a sticky bomb while sitting in a car

Grinding missions you're sick of is a GTA Online tradition. You should've been there with Herby~! and me playing Rooftop Rumble for about six hours straight.

How could anyone be sick of "Titan of a Job"? That's fun. Snipe, then somebody flies the plane while you get in that little plane and dick off, or drive around and dick off. Pays well, badda boom, badda bing.

These days it's fun to do whatever's on the voting screen. I'll do anything with crew (but whine about some), but I won't do Cargobob-stealing missions or The Los Santos Connection with randoms. That's it. A favorite of mine that people don't play a whole lot is Chopper Tail. 

Shewt yeah if I'm on I'll gladly do missions. I've been onna mission kick the last 3 or 4 times I've been on (until we hit the streets of Los Santos last night). Like stout said just keep on votin on stuff from the screen. The pay and rp are good on most missions now. I'm tryin to level up my secondary chicka so woop woop for some missions.

I think we all hate Titan of a Job because we're really really really good at that mission.  It's a two minute firefight and then we wait another five for Dan to land the plane.

At least Chop Chop presented some new challenges.

And I love the Cargobob stealing misisons.  They are almost trivial now that we all own Buzzards.