DVDVR Message Board

Grand Theft Auto V Talk.

This game is obviously trying to push me to start playing something else. Logged on for the first time in probably a month and, after downloading all the updates, can get online put can't get a single job to load.

Went into free mode, but after a month off I'm getting my ass kicked like I'm level 27 again.

I went on earlier after about five or six days off and found I had pretty much lost the ability to drive. Drive -- crash car -- drive -- crash car -- drive.

I'm used to getting my ass kicked in Freemode, so that should be a familiar feeling.

The only jobs I've been able to get load are missions on my own from solo sessions.

On the bright side, world records aren't being loaded, so I finally inked myself after unlocking the Racing Blonde tattoo.

Good times, fun times, great times, krazy times. That's all that matters. It don't matter that it sometimes gets to be 4 of us on one of them. It don't matter that he just learned how to shoot a gun. He did learn how to die. Many many ways. It don't matter if you get tanks, the end result is the same you die. It don't matter if I shoot down your buzzard and you put a measley 1k on my head you getta 9k on your, mercs, and a mugger. I'll come claim the same bounty I but on your ass. It don't matter if there's 7 of yall and 2 of us. We'll kick the shit outta ya anyways. It don't matter if you kill Burke as he's leavin he'll hang tuff another minute kill you then leave. It Don't matter if you hide onna skyscraper stouts precision air strike will cut you down. It don't matter if you get back in your car that Robert shoots you out of that's just a free kill from a sticky bomb. But the one thing that really don't matter is how big of a dick I can be and the people still love me.

• Like 3

I was a zombie at about 1 - been going to bed at about 2 lately, and I'd fallen asleep a couple of times yesterday.

That session was pretty fun. There was that one dude who wouldn't give up no matter what - I had him 17-4 at one point, and I know Robert and Mel killed him many more times than I did. I had a little trouble with one guy at the start, but had turned it around on him about the time we pinned him down on the beach. Hiding behind the guard shack won't help you, pal.

The dude who wouldn't give up was great: He'd take off in his Zentorno, we'd blow up his Zentorno, kick his ass some more, he'd take off in his Zentorno, we'd blow up his Zentorno, kick his ass some more. We kicked his ass pretty much literally all over the west side of the map. 

I got so many sniper kills last night because someone would have their sights rightfuly directed on Robert trying to kill them and not be paying attention to me lining up a headshot. That's what it's all about, folks, 4-on-1 dickery. When the Horsemen broke Dusty's arm, they didn't make sure Magnum T.A. was in the car to help him out. Nope, they got him 4-on-1.

Last night at one point we had three of us just marching on a guy from one direction and I just imagined what the map looks like from his end - three red dots coverging on him, malice in their hearts.

I really love it when a dude obviously has a buddy, who obviously says "screw this, I am gone" and hightails it out, leaving his buddy to take a good old-fashioned beach asswhipping.

And it was amazing how many assholes were riding around in cars, subject to a good ol' sticky bomb toss from my trusty Felon GT. They'd wreck, here I'd come. And our good buddy Allah Akbar was in full effect as usual, with RUkered around. The man sticky bombs helicopters. He ain't afraid to die.

Best damn crew in the game.

• Like 2

My top goal in this game is to take out a jet with a sticky bombed helicopter. I came pretty close once - close enough to make me know it's not impossible. I just need to find the right dumbass who sucks at flying jets.

If I cant shoot em, I'll just explode em. I didn't buy a single ounce of ammo last night and still managed to come out about 100 grand or so in the hole. I get impatient and want to get to the guy quickly, so I call for my Entity and rig it full of bombs. Being an asshole ain't cheap.

And that kid had heart. I'll give him that. We were whipping his ass so badly that, at one point, we were basically just seeing who could run him over first.

My favorite part was (I think - could have a couple details wrong), me and Robert were coming from two different directions in cars, while Mel sniped his brains out.

Like everybody said, it literally was a game of which of the four of us could get him first.

• Like 2

I was wondering why you were so quiet last night Stout. 

That was a helluva night.  Must've got 300 kills last night.  Got to 15K total, showing I've played too much of this damn game.  The one RUkered mentioned was good.  I got one guy by rolling up on him on a BMX bike and doing the allah akbar.  Got a good variation of the personal vehicle sticky bomb trap.  I shot a guy out of a buzzard at close range by the downtown pay and spray.  It came down intact in the parking lot, so I sticky bombed it and waited for the little helicopter icon to appear.

Damn expensive night too.  I went through my entire stock of sticky bombs 4 times.  Multiple times with RPGs as well.  Probably spent about half a mil on weapons and personal vehicles.  We managed to clear out 3 rooms.  Came close to clearing the fourth a time or two, but it kept filling back up.

Never did run into any really tough competition.  Could not believe the one guy didn't leave a long time before he did.  I don't think we've ever done the piranha act on one guy for that long.  Started out killing him by the parking garage glitch.  Killed him all the way to the beach.  Then up north to the sawmill.  Then back into town.  He finally left as we were getting close to Trevor's airfield.  We easily got over 100 kills on him.  I looked up his K/D at one point and it was .27.

• Like 3

I'd run over to him and before I could even get halfway there, he'd be dead. Then I'd have to start running in another direction, and he'd be dead again before I got halfway there. Mel must've sniped him right as he spawned 10 times.

• Like 1

Bless his lil heart. I never did getta friend request from him, kinda hurt me feelings. We showed him so much the lil ungrateful turd. Me and Robert got into one room where there were 4 or 5 FOOL clan people. All but 1 left and the one that stayed got killed several times. They left an about an hour later I getta message that they want me to play gta.

Onna nother note the horseman were gonna try to do a mission. I go to invite from crew members and there was a new low level DVDR playin. I sent an invite to a mission but no response. Shoulda sent a party invite but never did. Anybody know who our new brethren is? If your on the forum look me up I'll help ya level up by doin missions. I need money so I'll probably be doin missions anyway. It was an expensive night out on the town.

I got one guy by rolling up on him on a BMX bike and doing the allah akbar.

How in the blue hell did I forget this? Scratch what I said earlier, that was my favorite part of the night. I'm so glad I was right there to see that one.

I'm concentrated on a dot, so I don't notice Robert getting close. He casually coasts by me on that bike and I'm just about to ask what the hell he was doing when the explosion went off. I lost it immediately.

I swear he rolled up so casually I could almost hear the bike horn in my head.

• Like 1

What started out as a shitty night I'll leave that as that me and stout along side the mayors very own LSPD lieutenant bodyguard wolf redeemed ourselves. It was a great hour and a half at the end. Dalm this game never ceases to amaze me.

THE WOLF WAS ON THE PROWL, BABY~! 

Of course, he was also about 13. Fucking hilarious. 

We were takin' people on at the end, though. Hellfire rainin' from all directions, people runnin' for their lives and quittin' while the quittin' was good. One jackass kept grabbing a tank, so we'd Allah Akbar him out of it. Meanwhile, THE WOLF~! was on a damn killin' spree, on the hunt for fresh meat. Fucking hilarious.

• Like 2

Yup me and stout are at war and I get a message from some wolf dude out of the blue. I check it it said "hey" I respond "sup" he replied back with some abbreviations of words that we weren't to sure what they meant. Anyhoo the conversation continued and then I see a car come at me KABOOM it goes with a rocket it was wolf. I apologize then we commence to kickin the shit out if dots and tanks and tanks and dots and annihilators and more dots. The Wolf is in the LSPD crew and it just fit perfectly. The police protecting their mayor. I have a new friend now. Maybe I can learn some cool hip and "in" words/abbreviations. I love this game.

• Like 1

What was sad about the guy in the glitch was that he was pretty good, all things considered, but once he started using that glitch, that took away all his credibility. He was no longer good, he was a cheater, and it was unnecessary. The good should not have to cheat.

We spent entirely too much time dicking around with those shitheels when we should've at least tried to engage another dot to see if they followed us over. We had to get that dude away from that glitch, he knew the whole area too well. It was like it was his glitch. He could stay in the parking garage until he got in trouble, then escape to the glitch, then pop back out. 

WOLF BEAST~! was at the very end of the night. First time I saw him, he was just standing on the sidewalk with a minigun out. Somebody eventually came at Mel, and Wolfie tore him down with that minigun. That was the dude who came at Mel, got killed, came at me, got killed, came at Mel again, got killed by Wolfie, and then all three of us were bearing down on him when he left. 

Then we ended up in a scrum at the center pay and spray, and just started pissing on people's parades. It was great to end the night like that after having my shit kicked in all night long. Wolf and Mel were up high and I was on the ground baiting them in for Mel to RPG them from five miles away. 

We both decide to leave when Mel says "let's invite dude into the party to thank him for the help." I started laughing because I knew what was gonna happen next, I just knew it. Sure enough, kid was 13 tops. Don't these fuckers go to school? He seemed to be a good kid, not a dick, and he was by God handy in Freemode. He said he spent most of his time in Freemode with his buddies, but they were all sleeping or playing another game. His dot was as red as ours, so he's obviously killed a dot or two. Fun times.

• Like 1

We both decide to leave when Mel says "let's invite dude into the party to thank him for the help." I started laughing because I knew what was gonna happen next, I just knew it. Sure enough, kid was 13 tops. Don't these fuckers go to school? He seemed to be a good kid, not a dick, and he was by God handy in Freemode. He said he spent most of his time in Freemode with his buddies, but they were all sleeping or playing another game. His dot was as red as ours, so he's obviously killed a dot or two. Fun times.

Most of the people we fight it out with online were probably in diapers when you and I hit 30.  Fortunately for them, the old men of the DVDR nite shift are there to provide the teaching moments.

• Like 2

All this talk reminded me of a couple messages I screenshotted. This happened several weeks ago, but I keep forgetting to post them.

This is the general level of whining we all experience in the game.

Message1_zps9a9269de.jpg

Message2_zps3ec1e35b.jpg

What "asshole" thing could I have possible done to prompt these messages? Me and a guy were both going for a crate in that area where there's a survival mission - the "courtyard" with the fountain and steps and all that.

Anyway, he was close to the crate, so I shot him and stole it. After he sent the "fucking really" message, I sent back "I guess so."

I died laughing at his second message. All I sent back was "You are more than welcome to come get your kill back," but he didn't engage me anymore.

I felt like saying, "Dude - I did something completely normal within the 'rules' of the game. If you knew half the shit me and the crew did to people..."

So yeah, if any of you see NextPegasus in a game, beat the everloving shit out of him because he apparently gets butthurt if you sneeze at him. I think it's high time for him to take a trip to city hall and visit the mayor and the fire department.

damnit...I've tried to like this two seperate times now and says I've reached my quota...

sothumbs_up_icon_by_slamiticon-d5zerm9.png

• Like 2

So, I only occasilnally pop online on the PS3, but expect the PS3 Public Servers to become a full blown shitshow.

PSN is selling Cash cards, from $100k for $2 to $8 Mil for $50.

Misanthrope's post reminded me of the weird-ass crates last night.  It kept spawning special crates about once an hour.  We only went for the first one, so RUkered could finally get one.  The game hates him tough.  He was literally kicking the damn thing across the racetrack infield, and it wouldn't let him pick it up.  The melraz walks up and has no issue with it.

Also, I blame melraz for gettingThe Rodeo Song stuck in my head all day.  "Here comes Johnny with his pecker in his hand.  He's a one ball man and he's off to the rodeo...."

• Like 3

Fucking stupid crates. I forgot about that.

The ONE time we were in the clear and it glitched on me...

The odd thing is that it didn't look like the regular green crates. Was that glitched or do they actually look different? I wouldn't know because that's the first time I've gotten within 100 yards of one.

I do have to say I appreciate you guys helping me get one. One of these days it'll happen. Am I the only one without one now?

If you really want to make me jealous, put on your beer hats.

• Like 1

So, I only occasilnally pop online on the PS3, but expect the PS3 Public Servers to become a full blown shitshow.

PSN is selling Cash cards, from $100k for $2 to $8 Mil for $50.

Meh. If it was $8M for $2, I still wouldn't buy it. Anyone who was around for the hacker money got all the shit they needed then. Tanks are not so big a deal since they were nerfed, and you can get fither jets for free. What's left to buy? Whatever new car/gun/clothing Rockstar dribbled out instead of getting heists done?

Meh, I say.