DVDVR Message Board

Grand Theft Auto V Talk.

I was thinking that when Destiny came out we would be left with only the hardcores in GTA.  It seems like the opposite may have happened, and they're all fighting it out on Uranus.  The level of competition seems to be way down.

No Titans yesterday, so I did a few deathmatches and spent the rest of the time in freemode.  For some reason the mental state kept resetting, so I went psycho 3 times in about an hour.  Valcourt joined for a while, and we painted the streets of Los Santos red.  Note to Valcourt - if you ever see JT (assuming he ever plays GTA again) or me near the Simeon car, it most likely has an ignition bomb set to go off.

Only decent competition came from a pair of high level guys in the last server.  Saw one of them in a tank and took him out with the Allah Akbar.  Killed him about half a dozen times till his buddy rolled up.  They must've done some wonder twins shit, because the tank guy went from absolute shit to a pretty good match for me instantly.

See, when Destiny first came out, I thought it was just the hardcores that still played GTA. We went through a stretch there where someone was beating my ass every night and at least giving Robert a run for his money. I thoguht "shit, all the kiddies are gone," but either they're back or something, 'cause we took all their lunch money the other night. I kept saying "damn, this is really easy," and then thinking "I've jinxed us now," but I never did. Maybe we're on a run of easy servers.

I got on last night and raced some. Racing without catch-up on sucks, sucks, sucks. 

Last night's crowd wasn't any better than the night before. 

I did run into one case where I liked racing without catchup enabled.  Back when I was trying to get race wins to upgrade my cars, I ran into a couple really low level guys that insisted on racing Down the Drain with custom cars on and catchup off.  My mostly modded car vs their unmodded crates made for the easiest wins I ever got.  Other than that they suck.

I was trying to hang with this clean racing crew, and it didn't work out too well. The one thing that bothered me is I was hoping to run into people who would do a variety of classes - I hate running Supers and Sports all the time, but these guys liked racing their sports cars. At least they kept the traffic off. There were seven guys in the races and only one of them ran dirty, which was a refreshing change from the typical race where everyone in the field is trying to PIT you.

The guy racing dirty gave me one tap and I promptly PITted the shit out of him just to say "I can do that, too," and we then left each other alone.

We played a race one of the racing guys created, and it's odd to me how many user-created races are just kinda a chunk of this race, a chunk of that race, a chunk of the other race. There have been some truly great user-created races, but you'd figure there'd be potential for better ones out there still unmade. I won't be making them, though - no patience for that crap.

p.s.: I shoud be on later if anyone wants to give uranus a break. If not, that's fine, too.

Tuesday night can't get here quick enuff. I'll definitely be on for titans if anybody is around. If not I will go bat shit crazy on the streets. Gotta work tonight which will be my 8th trip in 7 days then I getta be off 2 days. Schit needs shot

No Titans for me again, I gotta work six days this week for the second straight week. 150 hours in the last three weeks. All work and no play makes ...

I should be on Tuesday night after work, maybe 11:30 or so, if there are any late shifters about. Burke, call off sick Wednesday and mix another drink, buddy, it's party time. Los Santos needs to learn all about the Allah Akbar from the DVDR Taliban. Only difference is, we're not in cahoots with the Reaper Lords, we wanna kill them sumbitches too. And bring on the Hell's Angels. And everybody else. Maybe not those seven fuckers who ganged up on us that one night, but bring on everybody else. Fuck 'em.

• Like 1

I'd say no shooty shooty for my booty tonight. Me and the Mrs. haven't seen each other in over a week. Gotta full day planned but she has to work tomorrow night and the fridge is stocked and I'll be off work so titans is a go. I'll definitely be on (good Lord willin) when you get home stout. Burke we always knew stout was a wise man so heed his advice and be sickly (from work) Wednesday so you can play. Hate to hear of troubles Robert hopefully will be worked out and we can roll up on the mean streets and calm them bitches down Tuesday.

• Like 1

I'll be on till 1 or 2. I'm "rested" at 7:15 in the am so probably gonna get called to work at 7:15am. I'll probably hafta do a mission or 2 to knock the rust off my trigger finger....it has been to long.

And Burke just "say when" and we'll "throw down boy" we see a man wearin a red dot (or white, pink or whatever) we'll kill the man (or woman) wearin it.

Chain Gang of 1974 shot another video for Sleepwalking to include GTA 5 game content. 

This song is on Radio Mirror Park aka the station only I listen to.

Much better than the original concept video.

I should be on tonight. It's been too long, and I can't afford to have my trigger finger get too rusty.

It's about time that we're somebody's Huckleberry.

"Why Cheesus...you look like somebody just walked over yo grave..."

Poor Cheesus. Looking forward to it already. Hey Mel, you know how to get private messages on this sumbitch? I changed phone numbers, wanted to give you the new one.

Didn't sleep at all last night, took a two-hour nap this afternoon. Fell asleep with something in the oven. Not good. So I'm not 100 percent, but with the Horsemen behind me, I can't freakin' lose.

• Like 1