DVDVR Message Board

Grand Theft Auto V Talk.

"I swear to God, if you guys do one more plane race, I'm calling the cops."

And I got OWNED in the one deathmatch we played.

MUNDUNGO~! was hilarious. For some context, when he said he was up 20 on RUkered, the score was actually him 20, RUkered 18. That's up 2, genius. He got me a few times, but he wasn't so bad.

After everybody left and it was me and Robert, at one point, we had eight dots around us and all of them sucked. I think Robert was surrounded by three guys at once and managed to shoot all of them. You know usually in those big scrums there are about six who are bad and two who can fight? Not here. They were all awful.

Then the Scooter Brothers started wrecking me, and I formed an alliance with another player and then started accidentally blowing him up over and over. Whole night was stupid fun. We stayed in eight-man scrums all night long - it was like we were a dot magnet.

• Like 1

I ended up about 15-7 on Mundungo.  Hopefully that annoyed him.  His buddy actually brought that tank to him with a cargobob, to bail him out.

The last bunch we fought were mostly awful.  Those 3 had me pinned down from 3 different directions, with no cover.  I figured I might as well try to get as many as I could before I went down.  Ended up killing all 3 without taking so much as a hit.

Scooter boys were my fault, I think.  I shot both off that motorcycle 3 times, and blew it up once.  I guess that pissed em off.  I kinda felt flattered when one set a bounty and mercs on me.  I think I blew up that motorcycle 6 times after that.

• Like 1

They came after me once on the motorcycle and I managed to shoot one of them. That one guy sniping me the other day was much worse than the Scooter Brothers. I just couldn't get a handle on them.

I can't figure why RUkered said MUNDUNGO~! kicked his ass when he was just up by two kills max. Trust me, if I can hang with him, anyone can. 

I just think it was fucking hilarious that we had El Dragon on, and of course he's gonna pick every freakin' air mission and race possible. It's like putting a meth head in a room and saying "OK, you can have this meth, or you can have these french fries, or you can have an apple." What do you think the tweaker's gonna pick?

And meanwhile, we do about 17 air races in a row, including my two least favorite in the whole game. Even the one that said "good for beginners" had us flying that HYOOOGE jet. 

Meanwhile, you guys are like "ha ha, you nearly hit me" and all that and I'm trailing 5 minutes back like a 6-year-old trying to keep up with his 12-year-old brother and his friends. "Hey, wait up guys, I wanna play too!"

Fucking hilarious. Last week was like that, too, Rippa. Freakin' El Dragon had the reins, and I think we played every one of the 256 new air missions.

I don't really care, I thought it was freakin' hilarious. Don't really take anything I say seriously.

I really honestly don't care to learn to fly those things to the point where I can compete. I can get in one in Freemode, set a waypoint, and pilot the jet to it and jump out. That's all I really need to know how to do. It's like how I honestly don't care to learn how to Mary Lou. I know it's a great tactic, I see you guys do it, but I've tinkered around with it and hated it. I know it leads me to getting killed more, but I don't care.

I gotta tell this story: Just got out of a solo run through Freemode. Some guy sends me a message that says "are u a modder?" I answer "no, sorry" and he texts me back "do you wanna see my car?"

I'm thinking "OK, he's a modder, and when I get into the car, it's gonna grow wings and fly or some shit, I gotta see this." So I meet up with him and it's just one of those Audi sports cars, nothing special. So I get in, and he texts me "wanna kill that guy?", about a dude near us.

So I'm thinking "here comes the modding, he's gonna turn this fucker into a pumpkin." And we get to the dude, no modding, I gotta blow him up with a sticky bomb. Same for the next few dudes. I gotta do the heavy lifting. Finally we end up at Trevor's airfield. We hop into a helicopter. He texts me "wanna make some money?" and I said "sure," thinking "here comes the modding, I gotta see this, he's gonna do nasty things to me for cash."

So he starts up a jumpy race. I think "OK, dunno how this is gonna work, but let's try it." I did it twice, finishing last both times, and made $1,260 each play. Well, technically, I did make SOME money.

I felt like saying "dood, do you know who I am? I don't get out of bed for less than $10,000 a mission!" Instead, I just quit. High-larry-ous.

• Like 1

The way that story was headed, I fully expected the ending to be "Dude, can you help me rob some stores? I need to pick up a thousand bucks for some ammo."

And the reason I said that about MUNDUNGO~! was because the ass kicking FELT a lot worse than it was. I actually had to double-check the score when it popped up and said 20-18. I thought for all the world that it was going to say something like 10-4. I probably just got mixed up because, like we've all posted today, we were so surrounded by white, pink, and red dots it looked like damn February 14th.

Oh and I also forgot to mention one other thing he said when I switched over to chat. When the deathmatch was over, I threw it in passive. He says to his buddy John18349 or whatever, "Man, this pussy is in passive. That's the worst feature they put in this game." Yeah that's right. I go toe to toe with him all night and never once run. I accepted his one on one, and this is the kicker, he was up by 3 on me before I started coming back. So, it's very likely he would have won anyway. But he grabs a tank when I'm one kill away from winning. This makes me the pussy. These kids need to get off our porch.

Forgot to mention earlier - I usually sign on too late for Titans to be a part of the "earn money" portion of the night, so I miss out on the deathmatches and races and all that. I finally got to see Mary Lou himself in action last night. I was kind of hiding in a tree, and I see Robert come around the corner. He's trading sniper fire with (man my memory is bad) Novocain, was it? Honestly, I still struggle with board names vs. Xbox names vs. real names. Anyway, Robert is shooting and I get all giddy because I just know he's distracted and I'll get a kill. THREE times in a row, he rolls the minute I fire. And he gets in this rhythm where it messes you up because you're focused on trying to line up the next shot. You see that red crosshair and instinctively shoot, but it's too late because he's already Sonic the Hedgehog'd his ass out of the way.

I felt like saying "dood, do you know who I am? I don't get out of bed for less than $10,000 a mission!" Instead, I just quit. High-larry-ous.

"Come, peasant. Bring me my slippers and a glass of the finest merlot."

• Like 3

"Come, peasant. Bring me my slippers and a glass of the finest merlot."

Well, I AM a personal associate of the Mayor of Los Santos. We have dined at the finest restaurants in Colonial Heights, served by lusty tattooed wenches. I was invited to join Bane's personal army, fer goodness' sake.

• Like 2

Sorry to interrupt the stories(and I dig a few of these myself) about online gaming but I was also wonder...

What's the word on the street about the rumored new SINGLE PLAYER Missions that were supposed to come out this year etc?!

Anyone heard any news, info regarding?

Thanks...

From the Rockstar Newswire Blog (December 9 2013)

Coming in 2014

Expect big things in both Grand Theft Auto Online and Grand Theft Auto V next year including:

GTA Online Heists. We know many of you in the GTA Online community are super excited for the debut of co-operative Heists. Heists are currently in development and we are working very hard to get them as polished and as fun as they can be. Stay tuned for much more detail in the New Year.

GTAV Story Mode Updates. For those ready to jump back into the story of Grand Theft Auto V, we have big plans for substantial additions in 2014 continuing Michael, Franklin and Trevor's action, mayhem and unexpected adventures in Southern San Andreas.

We haven't seen Heists in nearly a year, so I am inclined to take the news of Story Mode DLC with the same grain of salt.

Cara Delevingne, runway model and the DJ for the in-game radio staiton, Non-Stop Pop FM, was spotted at Rockstar studios during the summer in between gigs recording new dialogue for the game.

gta-v-cara-visit.png

It was rumored that this was evidence of new Story Mode DLC, but it has since come out that her dialogue will be bundled with the pending PC / PS4 / XBone port of GTA 5.
  • Like 1

Unless Heists is packed with new achievements, I don't really care anymore if the content is ever released. 

Free Mode used to keep me playing, but the endless tide of modders and glitchers deadens my desire to get online and spill player blood. 

Once I am finished with my new playthrough, get 100% Completion, and unlock the achievements, I will be done playing GTA 5.  That is still a while off yet, though.

There seem to be a lot fewer modders and glitchers than before. Robert and Melraz said they were damn near positive someone was God moding last night, and I bet it's possible if someone has one of those mod menus. I know of no glitch or exploit where people can do that.

God, I got madder than wet dammit over this game last night for the first time ever, just uncontrollably, ashamed of myself pissed. I think it's about 75 percent current life issues - I got mad about constantly running over the 2,000 feet of vacuum cleaner cord (what is with that?) the other day and picked up the vacuum and threw it like a dart at a closet door. JOHN SMASH~!

So lately, it's been a tradition that at the close of the night, I take an assbeating. It's happened the last three times in a row. There were two dudes at the airport, and one of them was giving Robert a HYOOGE run for his money while the other one was sticking a foot up my ass. When I literally gave up and went into passive, I think he had me 14-2.

I say that I don't care that people Mary Lou around me, but he was getting me every time with it, I had no defense. And I don't wanna be one of these "THE GAME IS CHEATING!" types, because I doubt that's true, but there was one occasion where I hit him three times with an assault shotgun from pretty close range - he recoiled every time, so I hit him - and he Mary Lou'ed once, shot me with a rifle once, and I died.

I just get frustrated because I am REALLY bad at this game. I've played every waking minute for the last fucking year, and I'm still REALLY bad at this game. That's discouraging. I can't get a scope on anyone before they've sniped me five times, I just can't do anything right at the moment. And it's frustrating. And it shouldn't be, who gives a shit? But like I said, I just need to go on a rampage to get it out of my system, 'cause I've been beaten a lot worse than last night and took it like a champ.

I just don't wanna be one of those guys who picks on low-level players because they're easy kills. If the dot I'm going after is low-level, that's fine, but I don't wanna look at the room's roster and cherry pick, even if it means I'm getting my ass kicked.

God, I got madder than wet dammit

I just have to say, this is one of the greatest sayings I've ever heard and I will use it at the first opportunity.

I don't think I've gotten that mad at this game yet, but put me in a Call of Duty multiplayer map and I lose all ability to act rationally.

Or for another example, this shit awful VT game on right now. Then tonight, I get to watch the Vols die a 4 hour death. I should have stayed in bed.

• Like 3

I've gotten by a lot better the last couple of days - me and my boy Bobahesh laid the smack down on Los Santos last night - highlight was being on top of a building fucking with people when four guys drove up in one car. Boba RPG'd them STRAIGHTTO HELL, BY GAWD, and I thought "when they respawn, we have problems," but they respawned and RAN LIKE SCALDED DOGS, BY GAWD.

Today was Kill Target/Simeon car day until some asshole put a $9,000 bounty on me for no good reason. I found him at the pay and spray near me, blew him up, then he got several on me before calling mercenaries and a mugger. We were warring at the Roofop Rumble garage, and all I did was climb up the stairs there to get up on the roof of the building. Meanwhile, he had gotten from the garage to the skate park at Vespucci Beach in that time. That was suspicious.

Other suspicious (or maybe not) things about dude was that he had an RPG at level 60 (highly possible he got it from a mission, though). I put a $9,000 bounty on him, saw no one collect it, and he still went into passive at one point. Also, I could not call mercenaries on him. No idea why - he wouldn't show up on the list. That was kinda weird. So I warmed up a bag of PF Chang's Bachelor Chow and quit playing.

I kept running into players who were on the map, but if you went to Online>Players, they weren't on the roster.

Rockstar Games is proud to announce that Grand Theft Auto V will arrive on the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One on November 18, 2014 with the PC version to follow January 27, 2015.

Grand Theft Auto V for PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC will feature a range of major visual and technical upgrades to make Los Santos and Blaine County more immersive than ever. In addition to increased draw distances and higher resolution, players can expect a range of additions and improvements including:

- New weapons, vehicles and activities

- Additional wildlife

- Denser traffic

- New foliage system

- Enhanced damage and weather effects, and much more

Grand Theft Auto V for PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC will also feature enhanced radio selections with over 100 additional new songs and new DJ mixes from returning DJs across the game’s 17 radio stations.

All players who pre-order the game will get $1,000,000 in-game bonus cash to spend across Grand Theft Auto V and Grand Theft Auto Online (GTA$500K each for your Story Mode and for your GTA Online in-game bank accounts).

A host of new, exclusive content also awaits for players returning from the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 versions including rare versions of classic vehicles to collect from across the Grand Theft Auto series such as the Dukes, the Dodo Seaplane and a faster, more maneuverable Blimp; activities including wildlife photography and new shooting range challenges, new weapons and more.

Enhancements to Grand Theft Auto Online include an increased player count, with online play now for up to 30 players on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. All existing gameplay upgrades and Rockstar-created content released since the launch of Grand Theft Auto Online will also be available for the PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC with much more to come.

Existing players will be able to transfer their Grand Theft Auto Online characters and progression to their choice of PlayStation 4, Xbox One or PC. For more info about gaining access to exclusive content for returning players, please visit rockstargames.com/V/bonuscontent.

Check out the brand new GTAV trailer, entitled "A Picket Fence and a Dog Named Skip" – and enjoy these sixteen new screenshots taken from the PlayStation 4 version of the game.

Nothing they possibly offer can get me to buy a next-generation system and this game again.

I'm holding out for a standalone Elder Scrolls (Skyrim) game or GTA 6. Either of those, I'm there. Until then, not unless my XBox shits the bed.

Checked out the streets with the Mayor last night as two of the Four Horsemen of GTA were online. We both kinda came to the conclusion that we were old dogs tired of chasing around rabbits and would rather lie on the porch and bark at passing cars. We played Freemode long enough to realize neither wanted the hassle and then started whipping some missions' asses. Good times.

We went diving once into this herd of dots only to discover the herd was working together, and they now had us very surrounded. Then all of them leave except for one, and we go chasing him. As soon as we catch him, his buddies magically reappear and we have quite a fight on our hands. 

I honestly believe that Destiny has ran off a bunch of the lower-level players (not you, Mis) and the only ones left playing GTA are the hardcores. And they know how to fight. There's been a big increase in the competition level lately. Everyone's ready to put a foot up your ass.

Me and Vicky V were on earlier in the day, wrecking dipshits at the airport and causing trouble in between runs at missions. Love ridin' with the crew.

• Like 2

I signed in this morning at like 6:30 AM and saw you and Mel on and I was like "Oh no good can come of this"

I thought more people would be gone from ME3 over to Destiny but I think you are right.

I think more people are coming over from things like GTA

• Like 2

Mass Effect 3 has been out for quite a while. It's a third-person shooter, I might like it. Probably the only people playing ME3 still are the hardcores. We've now hit that stage with GTA5. We're probably gonna lose some of the really hardcores in November when the next-gen version comes out. By then, the Four Horsemen will become the Freebirds after Robert becomes a papa. I'll be Michael Hayes cowering in the corner while Buddy Roberts and Terry Gordy do all the work.

The rooms are still full, but there's probably less of them. I hear some squeakers on earlier in the day, but things take a turn for the deadly late at night. Seems like I get my ass kicked constantly, and I don't mind it when it's you guys in deathmatches but when it's random strangers inserting a foot up my ass, it hurts.

• Like 1

It's all good when me and stout are online. Yeah when we rolled up on that lil level 10 or whatever that put a bounty on you for no reason we didn't know that there were 3 or 4 dudes in the same crew. They had the high ground from a bridge the low ground and everything in between. I finally gotta taste of spawn killin from the shitty side. I did like throwin that bastard off his personal motorcycle that was tryin to run me over. Yee-haw for missions just not feelin the free mode in my skin like I normally do.

• Like 1

There was probably a way to try to get around the problem, but it would've been very temporary. I think the Level 10 was tired of getting his ass beaten and was just trying to attact someone up there to at least distract them.

We're constantly finding ourselves in situations where no matter how many we have online, we're surrounded. I could feel me turning into the Incredible Hulk again, so I RAN LIKE MY ASS WAS ON FIRE, BY GAWD and got the hell out of there. I was like "Melraz, nothing personal, but fuck ya, I'm gone."

• Like 2

Haha. I don't blame ya. That guy on the bridge was stomping my ass. The 2 on the ground weren't to bad but they were triangulated and worked well together. I couldn't even look for the guy on the high ground but once we got him solo I got him 3 in a row before he took off.

I signed in this morning at like 6:30 AM and saw you and Mel on and I was like "Oh no good can come of this"

I thought more people would be gone from ME3 over to Destiny but I think you are right.

I think more people are coming over from things like GTA

I figured that more FPS and GTA people would port over to Destiny.  

Destiny actually requires you to shoot things, play online, and associate with other human beings and we all know how much the garden variety ME player hates all of that..

I've just got this on PS3. Gonna do the storyline first before I delve online, any newbie tips?

Not really, V's story mode is by far the easiest in any GTA game.

If you do join the crew you'll get some weapons you can use in single player.

To get maximum money, wait until you beat the story mode, do the assassinations, and then play the stock market (find a FAQ). You don't really need too much money during the story mode especially once you do the first heist.

No - there was supposed to be crossover from single player to online for the stock market, but that never materialized.

For online, definitely sign up to join the crew to get the weapons.  You also get a car that will come in handy at first.

The PS3 crew is pretty dead though.  If you can't find any crew to play with, I would suggest to stay in private or crew servers until you get your rank up because freemode can be a shitshow.  You can then do stuff like stealing cars for Simeon without becoming the target for everyone on the map.

Basically the game is a LOT of grinding.  You have to pay for everything in the game.  So replay the first few missions you can and save up enough to buy a safehouse and a good supply of ammo.  Steal Ballas (Range Rovers) and sell them back to the chop shop, it's an easy $9000 every 45 minutes.  Don't waste too much money on stuff like clothes. 

Racing is also a decent way to earn experience and cash early on.  I would stay away from deathmatches.  You'll probably lose a lot of money from having to pay for ammo.