DVDVR Message Board

Grand Theft Auto V Talk.

Robert works hard for the money. He works hard for it, honey.

I'd like to think of Melraz and I as Robert's pimps, making sure we got our cut.

And you haven't lived until you've taken a ride in the world's fastest Futo.

God, that whole room was BI-zarre. Tank boy messaged Melraz whining that we had four people going after him, when I don't remember even running into the dude until he started grabbing tanks. So Mel told him "me and you, one on one, no tanks, no crew," and of course that got met with crickets.

In case anyone's confused, we ran into another modder. This one was more benign. He was just attached to Robert's backside, for lack of a better term, just dropping shitloads of money. He could be killed. I got into a Futo with him once and he kept hitting just these hyperspace speed boosts, just insanity. 

Whole day was fun. Me and RUkered were on early, playing missions with a random that we'd barely get through by the skins of our teeth. It was one calamity after another, but we'd luck up and finish. Titans was refreshingly deathmatch-light and race-heavy, except for freakin' The Red Baron himself, El Dragon, starting up anything and everything that had anything to do with a damn plane.

But we did have an amazing amount of technical difficulty even for our standards - people getting kicked out, chatrooms collapsing, you name it.

Oh yeah, my personal highlight of the night: We were warring with these tons of dots by the airport. I'm not sure a lot of them wanted to fight, but they got one anyway. Two of them came up on the roof of the airport and ate shotgun blasts, and one of them texted me "why, jstout, why?" Hi-lar-ious.

Shit, week's all downhill from here.

• Like 1

In case anyone's confused, we ran into another modder. This one was more benign. He was just attached to Robert's backside, for lack of a better term, just dropping shitloads of money. He could be killed. I got into a Futo with him once and he kept hitting just these hyperspace speed boosts, just insanity. 

This clearly has to be the new thing since that is what the modders were doing in the first room too.

Mario Modz was humping the other two dudes except when they were riding in a car together.

Did the person getting friendly with Robert also have a giant green egg on their head like the other modders?

I got home kinda late and when I did, I suddenly focused on getting all of the Knife Flights out of the way after remembering that I had completed all of the Under the Bridge challenges. 

Finally unlocked the Close Shave achievement after about two hours of frustration.  Some approaches are dirt simple and you can do two or three knife flights in one pass if you are brave enough, but some are shitty hard on purpose.

I was determined to most of them in a Cuban 800 as Trevor.  I wasn't going to buy or steal a fucking stunt plane just for a couple hours of messing around for an achievement and I didn't feel like using the shitty free Cropduster that shows up where the dune buggy spawns in Sandy Shores after you start doing Devin Weston's missions.

In retrospect, the Cropduster is probably the best airplane to use for some of the Knife Flights since it is small, but the controls are very touchy. 

I used the Besra for the Flight School DLC to do the Knife Flight in Hawick since the gap in between the buildings is infuriatingly narrow and the Besra is one of the smallest planes available, is really maneuverable, and the controls are very responsive.

You really do need a guide to get all of that shit done.   It is nigh impossible to tell which bridges you need to fly under or which two buildings you need to buzz in order to get credit for the challenges.

All I have to do now is find and complete the 50 Stunt Jumps and that should take care of the bullshit collection achievements.  I can do that as Franklin after I get Caida Libre out of the way... again...

So what the hell? I play for about 10 hours straight and the minute I sign off to watch Netflix while I fall asleep, the money genies come out of the woods? Dammit, I only have 3.5 mil of hooker money left. I'm "poor."

Anyway, what the hell is up with the glitchers? I watched them on the garage TV a while, and in addition to the already mentioned green egg head, another guy also had what I can only describe as a candy bar wrapper surrounding him with weeds growing out of it.

• Like 1

This clearly has to be the new thing since that is what the modders were doing in the first room too.

Mario Modz was humping the other two dudes except when they were riding in a car together.

Did the person getting friendly with Robert also have a giant green egg on their head like the other modders?

He looked normal, except other than the money sprouting around him, and being stuck to my ass.

How in the shit do you get 9 mil in free mode?

I've got 1 mil and it's taken me FOREVER to get that...!!!

Some modder just created money out of thin air and gave it to him.

Yeah, money was just bubbling out of the ground around me.  I got most of it, but melraz and stout picked up some after they came and stood next to me.  That probably took about 5 minutes.  Some guy we'd been killing over and over ran up and threw a grenade into our midst.  All 3 of us were in passive, but it killed the modder guy.

So what the hell? I play for about 10 hours straight and the minute I sign off to watch Netflix while I fall asleep, the money genies come out of the woods? Dammit, I only have 3.5 mil of hooker money left. I'm "poor."

Anyway, what the hell is up with the glitchers? I watched them on the garage TV a while, and in addition to the already mentioned green egg head, another guy also had what I can only describe as a candy bar wrapper surrounding him with weeds growing out of it.

I was down to 2.2 million.  I can afford to blow up a shitload of Adders now.  Also, I feel dirty.

Modders and Glitchers are stealing my love for free mode.  I miss the days when players just took their Darwinian asswhoopins like they should.

The first room was pretty annoying with being auto-killed.  The second room, where we spent most of our time, was fine outside of the tanks.  Somebody gives me 9 million, I'm gonna take it.

The first room was pretty annoying with being auto-killed.  The second room, where we spent most of our time, was fine outside of the tanks.  Somebody gives me 9 million, I'm gonna take it.

I can't hate on that, man.

That was another weird thing - in both rooms we were in, someone sent one of us a message asking for money.

Of course, we were like "yeah, man, hold still, we got your money right here."

The game makes it horribly hard to give away money. The best thing you can do (provided the glitch still works) is mod up a car from off the streets to give to someone so they can sell it. The guy dropping cash was using a modder menu and just creating it, so it wasn't even his. I think he was dropping $20,000 at a time, but it was just pouring out of him.

At one point, I had a completely legitimate $10 million just by playing the game nearly every hour I wasn't working. Herby~! and I would do the old Rootop for hours and hours and hours and hours. Then some people would add variety to the mix, but it was always the highest-paying missions.

I would suggest that if anyone wants to earn legitimate money to just play a lot of missions these days. Deathmatches play pretty well, but missions are quicker. The payout on most races is a joke - races are pretty much a labor of love.

I probably came out with $60,000 or so after Titans last night and we did a lot of racing, so there's still money to be made.

• Like 1

Yeah, like Stout said, missions are the way to go. He and I just did a bunch of random missions and races and I think I ended up somewhere over 100 grand richer. Maybe closer to 200.

Of course, I basically turned right around and spent it all on explosives during our loser leaves town freemode session.

• Like 2

I would like to thank Robert for being on the ass end of my most profitable night in gta inna long time. Been awhile since I had been online. The exploding thing was annoying as was mr. tank loud mouth that had no intentions of gettin my lerado's stuck up his ass in a me -vs- him death match. At least he coulda took his beatin with dignity like the kid did. Oh well sorry I kept gettin kicked after every race, mission, deathmatch, parachute, etc... just glad free mode worked for me.

• Like 1

Someone throw me a cool mil next Tuesday night titans! I'm poor and level 79!

What would you be willing to do, scratch that, what would you be willing to have done TO you...for a million gta dollars?

If we could, we'd share the wealth, unfortunately I dont think anyone in the crew is actively modding the game to the point we can give out money.  Aside from the car giving glitch, and I'm not entirely sure that is still even active.

*Edit*

That being said, while I didn't actually witness anything for monetary gain, I'm sure xbl gamertag: "BVM IM GAY" would certainly pay for your companionship.  Ask around, it seems he pays quite well.

One drawback, I believe he enjoys companionship of the male variety only.  If your avatar is a female, he may not be interested in you.

Edited by misanthrope304
  • Like 1

It's the same thing as last time. People were modding money in private sessions, Rockstar started catching them and getting them console banned off XBLive or PSN, so now they're going into public freemode sessions and giving away millions on the basis that 'They can't ban everyone'.

If you've got that money, the safest thing to do is report to Rockstar who gave it to you and when. The second safest thing to do is spend as much of it as you can. Keeping it and hoping for the best is the least good option.

I could not get into that game at all. 

When I died in the middle of a mission, it would make me start the mission completely over instead of the point where I died. I'd ride about 5,000 miles to the sheriff's office, go try to kill the dudes, kill one wave, then the second wave would kill me. Instead of starting me over at the start of the second wave, or hell, even at the first wave, I didn't care, it started me back at the very beginning and I'd have to ride 5,000 mile to the sheriff's office, etc., etc., etc.

Horribly frustrating.

• Like 1

GTA V Replay Recap:

Got as close as 98% of Sanchez speed on Caida Libre without Trevor falling off of the bike and just said, "Fuck this." 

Took my Silver medal and ran.  Was happy that I downed the plane with three shots on my first try and that I got to see the minor glitch where Javier spawns at Fuerte Blanca. 

If you avoid the mission marker and go around back to the farmhouse, you can hear him make a phone call to the FiB about testifying against Madrazzo.  If you wait long enough, he takes off in the white Schuyster Fusilade parked in the driveway and heads to the airport. 

IIRC, this happens because of old code in the game.  I think the original mission had Trevor tail Javier to LSA and give Michael the signal to shoot down the plane.

I need a new Red Dead so bad you guys

But it'd ruin my life because I'd be killing Herbert Moon too much

I never noticed the Herbert Moon thing until I read about it online and went back for a second playthrough. Hot damn is he annoying.

Boy is it weird holding a PS3 controller after playing nothing but Xbox for damn near a year. Nate and I played a bunch of poker and then tried zombie overrun. I think we both died within the first 20 seconds of wave one.

We were joking the whole time about calling Lester to hide our dots. He didn't need to, because just like GTA, he sniped some poor bastards about 6 times in a row.

Like Nate said, if anybody has it on PS and wants to play, add me. My name is the same on there.

I should be around for Jobber Thursday if I get my project wrapped up today.

I have a feeling tonight will be a light night due to the start of NFL. Though that doesnt start till 8:30.

And I sure as shit ain't watching Thursday night football next week. Fucking Steelers. Fucking Ravens

I have a feeling tonight will be a light night due to the start of NFL. Though that doesnt start till 8:30.

And I sure as shit ain't watching Thursday night football next week. Fucking Steelers. Fucking Ravens

I will be watching football next week.  Fucking Steelers.  Fucking Ravens..  This will be a painful year for the Black / Yella faithful.

Valcourt, hope I didn't shoot you while I was in mid rampage.  I was trying to get my mental state to full psycho as quickly as possible, and the folks around we were being quite helpful.  I was listening in in their chat, and the outrage was quite fun.

On the other hand, I'm glad I wasn't listening late night when Stout and I were getting our asses whipped.  If some of those guys had been saying how much I sucked, I would've readily agreed with em.