DVDVR Message Board

Grand Theft Auto V Talk.

I need a new Red Dead so bad you guys

But it'd ruin my life because I'd be killing Herbert Moon too much

I never noticed the Herbert Moon thing until I read about it online and went back for a second playthrough. Hot damn is he annoying.

Oh, my God, Herbert Moon.  Buy a fucking safe, man.

Valcourt, hope I didn't shoot you while I was in mid rampage.  I was trying to get my mental state to full psycho as quickly as possible, and the folks around we were being quite helpful.  I was listening in in their chat, and the outrage was quite fun.

On the other hand, I'm glad I wasn't listening late night when Stout and I were getting our asses whipped.  If some of those guys had been saying how much I sucked, I would've readily agreed with em.

I firmly believe that once you get into a scrum with enough people, whether or not they're working together, you're screwed.

At one point, I think I counted nine other guys besides us all lined up down that road were on. If you step out to shoot one of them, there's a dude on a building ready to snipe you. I had one on my left and one on my right and I was too busy wondering which one was gonna make their move to even pay attention to the dude who snuck up behind me.

Then there was the dudes on my left and right while two different guys were flying up and down the road next to us while the police are swarming the area mad at everybody. Everything gets so chaotic you can't focus on one thing.

Then there's the constant amount of people getting killed and respawning up your ass. Then there's the fact that even if two people are trying to work together like me and Robert, getting thrown around all over the map after respawning kept us nice and separated.

I thought the one dude who was camped on top of the mall who would shoot us with a minigun while on the ground was tough. One other guy gave me fits, but Robert handled him pretty well and he didn't exactly dominate me. That didn't feel like an asswhoopin' as much as just having entirely too much to deal with.

Didn't that scrum basically come to find us, or did we jump into a pile of about six of them?

We were chasing down one or two dots.  Then a whole shitload of them appeared out of nowhere.  That was the worst beating I've taken in a while. 

A few of them were working together, but mostly it was just a big mess.  At one point I had 5 guys surrounding me.  Couldn't move in any direction without getting shot.  Once it got down to 2 or 3 of them, it got much easier.  Then the jets showed up.

I had to get up early, so I bailed out after my XBOX forced a system update on me all of a sudden.

I decided to go after the weak link in that one duo that were chasing us (Florida dude and chronic or some shit), though I nearly did a happy dance when I brought Florida dude down off that building. You have to be philosophical about 5 dudes surrounding you. No one's good enough to fight them all off. We were last men standing up there, though. Florida and his buddy left to do a mission, and Ugly and his buddy ran away from us at a furious clip. I'll consider that a win.

I mentioned this in the game chat the other night, but it's funny how often we have four dudes in the room and how often we get separated fighting four different dudes. It just turns out that way. Then we'll drift back together and wind up apart again. People "wah wah wah wah wah pistol" about us four-on-onening dudes, but it really hardly ever happens. 

Yeah, I always figure when you get kicked off at 3 a.m., you're not gonna bother coming back on. I hung out long enough to sell a car, go back to my garage and call mercenaries and muggers on the two guys left in the game. They were up on a hill positioning themselves to snipe me once I stepped out of my garage, but that wasn't happening.

Earlier, I tried playing that latest playlist, but it's all plane flying crap, and I hate playlists that feature team stuff, 'cause I don't think someone's success in the playlist should be dependent on my complete lack of flying skills. I don't wreck as much as I used to, but I'm still useless when it comes to being able to do anything in a plane that doesn't involve just flying around like a goof.  

You guys fail to mention me rage quitting early on during that shit when everyone on the map came over to us. I seriously got pissed off at the game. I was on a roof sniping fools and notice I have two dots underneath me standing side by side, so I shot an rpg and killed one of them, should have been two kills but oh well. This is the building with the thick as Fuck walls at the top of it that you have to climb up onto and take 2-3 steps to get over to the edge. I didn't want to take a chance on popping up and getting sniped so I walk about ten feet back from the edge and began calling in an air strike while they rpg the side of the building. I no sooner than get the flare in my hand and get blown the Fuck up by an rpg that explodes 15 feet in front of me behind the goddamn wall. I said fuck it and went and watched the snme where Hogan drops the belt to Andre and Andre surrenders the belt to Dibiase and ate a bowl of cocoa pebbles.

Still can't beat that ground level mission for flight school i believe I may have stalled out literally. Did get on to do a few games of golf to level up my secondary character during halftime. Had to do 3 rounds turned it back on football and turned it right back off I dislike the seahawks very much mostly Pete Carol but anyhoo turned the ps3 back on and dalm there is a lot of dlc for borderlands 2. Might hafta get 1 or 2 of em.

Ran through the single-player story again. Kinda amazing how the firefights that seemed so intense the first time through are just like *switch to SG* "BLAMBLAMBLAM BLAMBLAMBLAM BLAMBLAMBLAM" *close enemies are down switch to combat MG* "RATATATATA RATATATAT RATATATATATATA" ....well ok then.

• Like 1

Ran through the single-player story again. Kinda amazing how the firefights that seemed so intense the first time through are just like *switch to SG* "BLAMBLAMBLAM BLAMBLAMBLAM BLAMBLAMBLAM" *close enemies are down switch to combat MG* "RATATATATA RATATATAT RATATATATATATA" ....well ok then.

First time I played it, it must've taken me 20 tries to get through the part where you get in the gang fight after the guy tries to sell you drywall instead of coke. Second time through after months of online and I breezed through it.

Played a little tonight. This game and I need a vacation:

1. I never say never, but I would be highly, highly surprised if I ever play in a deathmatch with a random again. I'll just have to pass on Robert's occasional game-forced invites. I did a race with three dudes, then they wanted to do that underground deathmatch I really like when we play it. I thought "how bad can it be?"

First off, the dumbass host set it for 15 minutes, no kill limit. I thought "well, it'll be OK." WRONG. Time drug and drug and drug. Then he set it for forced plus pickups, with forced being a pistol. I thought "do this with the crew all the time, this won't be so bad." DOUBLE WRONG. The two on the other team somehow kept a machine gun and a shotgun, respectively. They never ran out of ammo. Me trying to melee kill (since I had no ammo whatsoever) a guy with a shotgun didn't work so well.

Final score, 36-18 the other team. I finished with four kills and 14 deaths. I thought "well, maybe I'll make some money on the deal, since it was 15 minutes long." TRIPLE WRONG. I made $4,000. I felt kinda insulted. "15 MINUTES OF MY LIFE FOR THAT?"

Then I go into Freemode. Guy pulls up honking his horn. OK, why not? I get inside and he takes me to the airport; 90 percent of the time when you get in a car with a random in Freemode, they want you to help them fight another player. This time was no different. We start fighting this dude, who somehow gets me a couple of times. Then I start looking around and the guy who brought me down there in the frst place has beat cheeks and is nowhere to be seen.

So I'm left warring with dude. At one point, I spawn in the front of the airport and he's in the back. He grabs an Annihilator and goes after me. I head for the parking garage. I get to the roof and we get into a pretty decent man vs. copter battle. Then he lands the helicopter on my head. I have never, ever wanted someone so dead in this game. I kinda got the best of him at the end and he left. I'll take it.

GTA 5 Redux Recap:

I had a frustrating day at work that was longer than it should have been.  I had to get my murder on to blow off steam.  I tried to get some ME3 in but the lobby was flush with dumbasses deliberately failing missions, so I decided to try to make progress in my GTA5 playthrough.

Deep Inside is still a hoot.  Thank God the glitch is still there that keeps the Not A Scratch mission criteria merciful because the Security Guards at Richards Majestic Studios suddenly became hawkeyes and shot the crap out of the car before I got off of the studio lot.  The mission criteria requiring you to run over the actor who you KOed and stole his tux is fucking awesome and "What does this button do?" never gets old.  Used the old trick of getting the top speed on the JB 700 up to max by using Franklin's Special Ability to cheat acceleration.  Got the Gold medal.

Minor Turbulence wasn't as frustrating as it was the first time I attempted the mission.  Got Gold in the first try.  Kept the Duster low and didn't forget that you will probably fail your first pass at the cargo plane.  Readjusted and made the successful crash landing, popped Trevor's Special Ability and shotgun charged the cockpit.  Took a lot of Armor damage when the Special wore off because the asshole Merryweather guys are armed with AP Pistols.  Nearly forgot to bail out in the Merryweather Mesa and use Focus to pinpoint the crash site of the cargo plane in the Alamo Sea.

After the mission, I decided to see if there was anything to Ron's comment about trying to salvage the weapons cache from the Alamo Sea after suddenly remembering that I had access to scuba gear. *facepalm* 

I took off in the Duster that spawns near Rampage One, flew to the Sonar Operations Dock (picked up a wanted level when the the Duster I bailed out of crashed on the highway..), grabbed the Dinghy, and went to the cargo plane crash site.  Maxxed out Trevor's Lung Capacity while diving for the power ups near the sunken wreckage.   There is Body Armor, Sticky Bombs, a Grenade Launcher, an RPG, and a Combat MG down there!

Oh my God, I still hate Risk Assessment.  I forgot that Dom's bike is powered by rockets and is made out of titanium, so if you don't let him take the lead in the bike race, he will pretty much force you right off of the side of Mount Chiliad in pursuit of first place.  It took me three tries to get the Gold medal.  One fail was bullshit:  a fucking mountain lion charged my bike and sent me off of a cliff.

Topped off the run by getting the first Civil Border Patrol over with.  Failed the first attempt because I aimed too high and killed one of the mariachi dudes with a headshot.  Normally Trevor would dig that, but that is not a proper mission parameter  I successfully shot out the tires on their Tornado the second time around and stole their hooptie after tazering the Tejano douchebags to successfully get the Gold medal.  Mother fuckers should not have tried to get away.

I was bummed to discover that you cannot customize the mariachi troupe's Tornado other than repairing the tires, probably because the car is unique.

By the time I got around to attempting the Paleto Score set-up, it was about 10PM and time for bed.  I think Melraz logged on just as I was about to hit the sack.

I also seem to be contracting Alzheimers and am also going deaf.  I had Franklin rescue the Mafia Princess about to be buried in Chumash by the rednecks.  I remembered that her dad was mobbed up but I don't remember hearing the part where her father was hooked up with Don Gravelli from GTA5.  I am sure that if I check my earlier posts in this thread and and see if I mentioned anything about that Random Enconter, I probably caught that reference the first time around.

The GTA Myths Wiki is fucking awesome!

It keeps track of all known Easter Eggs in all of the games!

The article on the Infinity Killer in GTA5 is sweet!  I have seen some of the graffiti but have never thought anything about it until now.  I thought most of the tags were just inside jokes or Marnie's scribblings about the Epsilon Project.

http://gta-myths.wikia.com/wiki/The_Infinity_Killer

Spoilers abound so be careful when poking around the wiki.

Played a little tonight. This game and I need a vacation

Well there is this game coming out Tuesday, you may have heard of it, it would be a nice change of pace from the fuckery in los santos

Nope, nope, nope, nope. I can't get into first-person shooters, I just can't. Didn't like Halo, didn't like the demo of this very much. It's OK, not bad, but I need more than OK to plunk down $60 for a game.

The mayor, chief of staff/fireman Robert (until he becomes a papa), the mayor's bodyguard/drinking buddy RUkered and the court jester me will have to hold down the fort in Los Santos while all y'all are on Saturn or wherever.

• Like 3

*voiceover*

In a world...overrun by corruption...hackers...immortal god-moders.

Some soldiers have been tasked with saving another planet. Some say it's their destiny.

*slow mo shot of men walking to shuttle as Leaving On A Jet Plane swells in the background*

Four brave men remain in the dirty streets of Los Santos to ensure the astronauts have a home left to return to.

Meet the Mayor. Long range fighting expert. Your ass is grass, and his scope is the lawnmower.

Meet Robert. You can try to be a passive citizen, but he will ram a fire hose down your throat until you swell and explode.

Meet RUkered. He'll miss you with 12 sniper bullets, then hide so he can blow his car up next to you.

Meet Stout. You bring the nails, he'll be the hammer while providing bah gawd J.R. commentary.

*montage of explosions and heads getting picked clean off their necks while Saliva's Click Click Boom wails in the background*

Coming to theaters near you - Sept. 9th

• Like 4

You guys do realize that even if there are two games going on at the same time, there will be a unified chat session.   I am not one of those guys that has to play the same game you are to be in the same chat session.  That sort of thing does not distract me.

• Like 1

That tends to drive me insane, for some reason.

Fun newish mission: Chop chop. Was playing it earlier with randoms. Gotta go to Trevor's airfield, kill a bunch of Merriweather dudes, hack a laptop, kill more dudes, steal Buzzards, fly to that radio tower near the Vinewood sign (where the tractor-trailer stealing mission starts that I can't think of the name of), kill more dudes, fly near that airfield north of Trevor's and kill more dudes.

Problems: The Merriweather dudes you're killing have Buzzards that don't show up on the map, and I may be wrong, but I could swear it didn't make the "someone's locked on you" noise before I got blown out of the sky by one. They're also armed to the teeth with RPGs and such.

Payout was $20,000. 

I also played Titan of a Job with randoms, and four of them rushed the hanger and got killed while I sat back and sniped. Then the only dude left besides me expected me to fly the Titan. That didn't end well.

RUkered, I can't like that post enough. Just can't.

Goddamn, I had a bunch of fun this afternoon with RUkered. We hit Trevor's airfield with about five dots in the area and just started sniping people like swatting flies. It was really at one point like a shooting gallery, knocking down ducks and winning the Def Leppard cocaine mirror. Great stuff.

Then we went car shopping. Man's gotta have two full garages in this game, shit. While RUkered was test-driving my Monroe, he blows up some poor bastard in a tractor-trailer cab with a sticky bomb. "I figured, he was right there..."

Best damn crew in GTA. I dare anyone to find better.

EDIT: After Monroe crusing today, I got the urge to finally get a Z-Type just to see if it was better than the Monroe like a lot of people say. First off, it costs a blue fortune, $950,000, then I spent a blue fortune souping it up. I got that gold metal paint ($50,000). That car was made for gold metal paint, just like the Zentorno was made to be chromed.

Problem is, its slower than the Monroe. The Monroe is probably a couple of steps faster. It's a difference that's easily noticed. The Z-Type handles better by a noticeable margin, but I wonder if that isn't a by-product of it being slower? Both don't exactly handle well.

I need some more racing time to decide positively on this, but I'd say the Z-Type will be sold at a significant loss the next time I need garage space.

I am probably going to invest in a Coquette Classic once life starts being less crazy.

GTA 5 Redux Recap:

I finally did what normal players do and got the Gold medal for the Paletto Score Set-up by replaying the mission twice:  Once to get to Paletto Bay in under 3:30 and once to use Trevor to win the race back to Sandy Shores.  Me being a completionist idiot always wants to try to do Gold medal runs in one shot.

Fuck Predator.  I finally took time out to Easter Egg hunt and saw where Bigfoot is standing in the woods.   I wasn't fast enough to get a non-thermal screen shot of him.  It is almost impossible for me to score a headshot on the McNeil brother that is swimming in the river so I just have to settle for Silver medal since I usually get above 90% weapon accuracy and you'd have to be an idiot to kill an animal in that mission.

RIP Dominic Beasley.. again..  Did all of the Base Jumping and Heli Jumps and got through the rest of Dom's extreme sports bullshit missions on the first try.with Gold medals.

I am at 77% total completion right now.   I am not going to do that damned Vespucci Canals motorcycle race until I get my hands on a really good bike; preferably a Bati 800RR.  Franklin owns Los Santos Customs now, so I can mod the bike to the moon at no cost.

Now comes all of all of the Minute Men bullshit with Trevor.   I will get all of the missions done to get Michael and Trevor back into the city and then switch gears to focus on Stunt Jumps.

I think I missed the window to get the Three Man Army achievement early in the game, so I think I have to wait until the Last Score before I can try.

Played chop chop and another cool flight mission with a ton of morons the other day.

Folks got killed on chop chop in literally 15 seconds then respawned and never moved after that so I had to play the mission alone.

Saw a crate, thought it was goodies, shot it, blew up, saw the others guys weren't moving so I wouldn't get a shot to replay and rage quit.

Is there anyway to try those missions that come on your phone without having to randomly wait to do them again? I really want to do the Trevor mission again.

I believe you can handle the lil loss mr. owner man of bawsaq stock exchange stout. I haven't ever driven a fixed up ztype you'll hafta lemme beat it to shit before you get rid of it.

Ab-so-lutely. What pisses me off is that I NEVER remember to get the cars in single-player and soup them up first. I could've well, well afforded the car at near a million with any of my single-player characters, who have about $850 million apiece. If I'd have gotten Franklin to buy it, he owns an LSC, so the mods would've been free. Then I could've driven it around long enough to discover it really wasn't worth my onine money. I just ALWAYS forget this.

But like you said, I'm not exactly hurting for money, so it's not a huge loss. 

I am probably going to invest in a Coquette Classic once life starts being less crazy.

Fun car, handles well, but is a bit slow compared to others in the class. If you race much and wanna use it as a racer, expect to not fare real well. It does handle well, though. You're smart enough to remember to soup up one in single-player to see how it drives. If that sounds boring, though, catch me on and I've got one fully souped up, my Little Red Coquette (Classic). I also bought a regular no-top Coquette just to have the pair. It's a cool reddish-orange. Those are fun cars. 

Played chop chop and another cool flight mission with a ton of morons the other day.

Folks got killed on chop chop in literally 15 seconds then respawned and never moved after that so I had to play the mission alone.

Saw a crate, thought it was goodies, shot it, blew up, saw the others guys weren't moving so I wouldn't get a shot to replay and rage quit.

Is there anyway to try those missions that come on your phone without having to randomly wait to do them again? I really want to do the Trevor mission again.

The new missions don't show up on your jobs list. Next time you try it, you could try bookmarking it. Maybe you could try calling Ron and asking him for a job to see if he gives you the one you want (is Trevor a contact, or is it through Ron?).

Randoms running into volleys of gunfire like their asses are on fire is starting to be one of my least favorite things. Ever heard of sniping, fellas? It's like the missions are on timers - a couple are, but most aren't, including Chop Chop. Rushing into a throng of Merriweather guys isn't smart business.

My modem got replaced. Less chance of me going offline in the middle of a deathmatch I was going to make a comeback in. Although it was being a bit weird. I'm hiding behind a corner, Cris rolls up on it, I melee kill him as he puts a few bullets in my chest, and it says He Killed Me (unlikely) and He Died (impossible - my melee kill).

Then while I'm checking the scores to see if it really didn't credit me for the kill, my PS freezes, the game quits and I'm logged out of PSN because my modem's rebooting for 12 hours.

If anyone says I rage quit, I didn't. I finish what I start.