DVDVR Message Board

Grand Theft Auto V Talk.

I was on last night for rouhly 3 1/2 hours, and it just flew by.

I ate something right as a I started playing that absoulely tore a hole in my stomach, so I had to quit "early" at 3 a.m. El Dragon put in a very special nighttime appearance and Mary Lou'ed his way into the other dots' hearts while killing people with a damn musket. He's probably getting close to a tint on that damn thing. It was great to have him around to make us the five Horsemen.

The guys in jets were a pain, nothing more, nothing less, and I'm growing way too tired of:

1. Asshole gets in some special spot/situation like up on a roof or in a jet

2. We bring his sorry ass down or he crashes the jet

3. Asshole goes into passive.

This happened about 2,000 times last night. (in dramatic "Braveheart"-type voice) Does no one fight with honor?

I hadn't been in Freemode since the last time we were all on (been finishing last in races) and as soon as I got in the room, I got the bloodlust, the fever for the flavor. You guys were sitting in one spot sizing up the next person to go after and I was inbound to the closest dot on the map. KILL! KILL! KILL!

El Dragon: "Hey, what are you guys doing?"

Me: "Killing strangers."

Always a pleasure, gentlemen. May the Horsemen ever ride. Five of us, four of us, 20 of us, who cares. Best damn crew in the game. 

• Like 1

Yeah, that was some good stuff last night.  The attempt to derail the train by parking a dump truck, tank, and bus at the entrance of a tunnel was fun, even if we knew it was doomed to failure.

0_0.jpg

We cleared out the first sever with ease.  Second one was fun, especially after we realized we were surrounded by 9 white dots.

• Like 3

I forgot about that. I was in a tank, being pushed through a tunnel at a rapid rate by a train pushing a fully on fire dump truck in front of it. I somehow got the kill on Melraz without firing a shot.

I think those things aren't programmed to derail. I do see it appears to be on fire, though. We could somehow set nine dump trucks in front of it and it'd go through them all. That was funny, though.

• Like 2

Made a brief but triumphant return to GTA 5 story mode.  Took me three times to get down Surreal Estate so that Trevor got away from Bernstein's house without the cops noticing him.

One of these days, I will stop playing Destiny long enough to get this fucking Stunt Jump achievement.

I forgot about that. I was in a tank, being pushed through a tunnel at a rapid rate by a train pushing a fully on fire dump truck in front of it. I somehow got the kill on Melraz without firing a shot.

I think those things aren't programmed to derail. I do see it appears to be on fire, though. We could somehow set nine dump trucks in front of it and it'd go through them all. That was funny, though.

It would definitely mow through all nine dump trucks.  It'd be funnier than hell to watch though.  It's a little scary that melraz was the one that wanted to try derailing the train.

That's what I still love about this game - the stupid shit you can come up with to do.  Like successfully evading a 3 star wanted level on a bicycle, or watching melraz drive past with his dashboard entirely engulfed in flames.

• Like 2

It would definitely mow through all nine dump trucks.  It'd be funnier than hell to watch though.  It's a little scary that melraz was the one that wanted to try derailing the train.

That's what I still love about this game - the stupid shit you can come up with to do.  Like successfully evading a 3 star wanted level on a bicycle, or watching melraz drive past with his dashboard entirely engulfed in flames.

That's why I was giddy like a schoolgirl when dude did the surfing on the 18-wheeler to finish Satellite Communications. I'm like "oh, this'll be fun with the crew."

Yeah Robert, my woman already looks like she used her face to tear down the Berlin Wall, and you had to go and plow her into an overpass. She'll never find true love now.

Had a ton of fun in freemode, even if I sucked royal ass. Y'all were handling those two well. They had my number for whatever reason. One of my favorite parts was us killing the kid and then sprinting closer to the beach until he spawned on it. Then his ass was grass.

And damn having to go to bed. I missed all the real fun. I hope I'm around when you decide to plow that train through a boatload of dump trucks.

And Mel, we really do have to get that bus up on "Vesuvius" to do a little mountain bus surfing.

• Like 2

Hadda shit ton o' fun last night as well. So much in fact I said farq it and took today off so I could do it again tonight. There was a feller glitchin like when they would climb the sky. The dude was on one of them stairways to heaven that takes forever to climb and jumin all over the place and goin up and down. Competition at times was tough but all in all I think we calmed down the streets purdy gooude.

I feel a bus surfin down Vesuvius is right real close in the future.

• Like 1

There's a way to stop the train. You can't derail it, but you can make it not go, for a bit. I'd tell you, but 1) It's on youtube, you could find it easily if you wanted, and 2) Trying is more fun than Knowing

• Like 1

What was just going to be a couple of us on farting around a while basically turned in Wednesday Night Titans. Lo and behold, I get put in a room with WE D3M BOYZ and II EagleII, the two we fought with on Tuesday. I managed to get a kill on both of them and then hauled ass like a scalded dog into a mission with Mel and Stout before they had a chance to kill me back.

Did a few missions and messed with some folks in freemode. I can't remember the name of the guy, but he just gave us hell all night. At one point, he was the only one left in the room with us, and he still held his own pretty well. I think one of the only kills I got on him all night was when I got him with the chopper blades when he was in passive. The score was something like 16-3. He just hammered me.

Oh yeah - we were absolutely destroying some other kid, and Mel switches over to game chat for a minute. He comes back and does an impression of the kid. I'm thinking - alright, he's exaggerating for effect - so I switch over. Nope - Mel was spot on. I don't know how to describe it other than the kid sounded like somebody kicked a screeching barn owl in the crotch.

After that, the Horsemen treated me to a round of "make train go boom." We ended up with three dump trucks, a firetruck, and a Liberator.

Train3_zps489c4bc7.jpg

Train1_zps0dd80c60.jpg

But the crown jewel of the evening was Vesuvius Bus Surfing. I managed to document it with a combination of in-game pictures and terrible cell phone pictures.

Bus1_zps202a3a9a.jpg

Bus2_zps3dde5a29.jpg

Bus3_zps8ff59ad7.jpg

Bus4_zps2ad2388e.jpg

Bus5_zpscca9e954.jpg

Bus6_zpsba4b095c.jpg

Bus7_zps63df332a.jpg

Bus8_zps965b2a3a.jpg

We all took turns driving, falling off and getting run over, dying, and surfing. Got stuck a few times, but bah gawd if we didn't proudly surf her all the way to the bottom of the ocean.

• Like 2

That bus ride was a damn hoot, and I'm pissed I didn't buy a dump truck so we'd have four (fuck it, I'm idle rich, I hoard money like a miser even though I have tens of millions of dollars - thanks, dead hookers!) That Liberator looked tiny next to the dump trucks.

I'll have to check out the Mayor of PlayStation Los Santos AxB's method, but dump trucks ain't stopping that train.

That guy who hung a foot up RUkered's ass last night hung a foot up mine, too - I had a minor comeback at the end and still finished down 14-3.

Another favorite was some poor bastard coming into the room and not doing his homework while we were surfing the bus. So we grab a Merriweather chopper, off Old Yeller before he can tell us how hungover he is, and fly to the other dot and stick a foot up his ass untl he left.

That room was cursed or something. It ended - and I think RUKered had already left, with a modder running around with a liquor store sign in the middle of him - it was comical - and it looked like he was wearing a big silver ball or a silver Christmas light on his head. Robert got a picture of him in a car - the sign would stick out of the car. He'd Mary Lou and the sign would stay in the same place, but he'd roll.

Lotta Mary Louers last night - one guy would roll about six times before shooting at me once.

So we switch rooms and find the going MUCH easier. Everyone was rolling over. It was bliss. Unfortunately, I was falling asleep at the controller, so it was time to go. That bunch was completely weak, it was no problem. Guy tried to run me over in his car and hit me but didn't kill me. Then he stopped right in front of me and sat there. I'm like "dude, not good," and whipped out the RPG.

The kid Melraz was talking about was like Mickey Mouse on helium. He was 8, 10 TOPS. His balls were so far from descending they were on the top of his head. I got into game chat and he was blissfully talking to himself, and I just started cracking up. I also got into game chat when sign guy was running around, and one of our mutual foes was none too pleased.

I'm not sure he was cheating (though he could have), but he was on a rampage. I got him once real early, but he was kicking ass all over the place.

Robert and Mel don't mind it as much, but I hate getting in the middle of a shitload of dots 'cause I can't watch four directions at once. I had a sniper out trying to kill a guy on a roof when someone I didn't even see coming could have stuck a sticky bomb in my pocket. I hate that. It's TONS more fun seeing four of us chase one poor, unfortunate dot down. It's like you can hear the Jaws music playing in the background.

Fun night with the Horsemen, as usual. 

• Like 2

You guys are going to end up making one of those GTA Funny Moments videos where you are using cargobobs to airlift twankers and drop them into the ocean, aren't you?

Damn, why didn't we think of that?  Gotta load it up with sticky bombs first, though.

• Like 1

I didn't get the best shot of the guy who was stuck in the sign, but here's what I got of him driving off in a car.

0_0.jpg

I have no idea what that thing was on his head.  It looked like a silver Hefty bag.  Funniest damn thing was watching him Mary Lou.  The sign would stay perfectly vertical while his body rolled.

• Like 1

It was awesome that there were me and two other guys in passive at the same time trying to get a look at him. 

Oh yeah, R* needs to do something about jets - if someone knows how to fly one, it's death to the room. That guy real late was just fucking everyone on the map. I'm shocked I got to take in one of my five cars from Simeon's list.

Man did it take me forever to get goin in free mode. Train blowing up shit will never get old, surfin down the mountain was great jets are annoying. I think they need to make rpg's able to lock on to them.

Edit: was in vets office (wife has been draggin her ass across the carpet) had to make it a quick post.

But yeah I started out slow as shit in free mode took an ass beatin. Couldn't do nothin right. Glad it finally came back to me or my k/d woulda took a bigger hit. Overall it went down .02.

If it wasn't for the kid who's breath smelled like ball sac from his nuts bein in his throat it probably woulda been worse too. Dalm that was funny for about 2 minutes. I see he keeps talkin so I jump to the game chat. He sounds like an 8 year old who's been kicked in the dick, daily, hell hourly his entire life. I was inna fire truck drownin his ass over and over. I finally start sayin you need another bath. He finally asks why do you keep sayin that I reply cause I'm squirtin your ass dude. OH THAT'S YOU WHY ARE YOU DOIN THAT. Like I said you need a bath. I CAN GET YOU KICKED EVEN IF I NOT HOSTIN THIS SESSION. I go back to party chat then he sends me a friend request, and a party invite. And that ladies and gentlemen is why I'm the mayor. I've played this game for a year and tried to get every bastard in free mode to hate me I have failed with everyone except one lone dot. Yup just one time have I received bad rep. The people of Los Santos love me for some reason. Maybe I need to start bein nice before I kill people. Nah!!!

• Like 3

New update? Dammit, all I wanted to do was take this night off from playing and get some stuff done, but c'mon, new update.

I saw the new update this morning.   Set my 360 to download and went to work.  I will check out this new shotgun when I get home.