DVDVR Message Board

Grand Theft Auto V Talk.

Now THATS a thanksgivin by dalmit.

Every time we someone close to the beach its off to the races to try to kill em and make em spawn on the beach. Then its whoever gets the poor sap inna scope first. We love our beach parties.

Burke and myself did some missions races and golf last night to level up out secondary chicks up a lil more. On cops capacity I got into the yellow mustang (sorry stout cant think of in game name) and burke was in his personal car. I was haulin arse down the road and hit a dumpster head on, my car musta had springs in the bumper, fender, and for shocks I mean biggens. My car flies straight up in the air probably a story and a half. I thought dalm that was odd and proceed down the road. BAM a cop car hits me head on and launch confirmed I take off like a rocket on the 4th of july. It happend everytime I hit or got hit by anything. The last one I hit a car it blows up and I go soarin through the sky like mark mcgwire hittin a ball on roid rage. When I landed car parts fell off everywhere I guess including all the springs cause burke came over to see the jump distance and got in with me to go for a flight. But detonation was over with dalmit. We finished the mission and didnt see the soaring car again.

J.T. - can't remember if you ever got one or not, but if you still need a world record for the tattoo, hop in and get it. I've gotten probably 15 in a week, and just got two in one race.

I don't know if it's just a glitch or what, but they're passing them out like Santa pelting children in the head with parade candy.

• Like 1

J.T. - can't remember if you ever got one or not, but if you still need a world record for the tattoo, hop in and get it. I've gotten probably 15 in a week, and just got two in one race.

I don't know if it's just a glitch or what, but they're passing them out like Santa pelting children in the head with parade candy.

They reset all the world records to zero with the last patch. I've gotten a million of them. Key is to find a race no one does. 

Mel, it sounds like you were in some kind of hainted Mustang. That or you were glitching like crazy.

I was doing Down the Drain solo (testing my Motorcycles). Set a World record of 1:09 on the Hakouchou. Did it again on the Akuma, and set a world record of 1:10.

• Like 1

I was doing Down the Drain solo (testing my Motorcycles). Set a World record of 1:09 on the Hakouchou. Did it again on the Akuma, and set a world record of 1:10.

Hmm, so there's more to it than a simple resetting of the records. I don't care about getting the tattoo, I'm not JT, but it did bum me out that the world records for all the races were like 20 seconds, thanks to cheaters. That won't stop people from doing it again.

I have no experience with other video games. Mis has told me about widespread cheating in the Call of Duty games (lag switches), but has there ever been XBox games that have been tampered with and cheated on as much as the GTA series?

So what's your opinion of the Hakochou? I think it's a worthy bike to substitute for the 80I. I need to get one and soup it up and see how it does in races. I've liked it in non-souped-up motorcycle races.

Stout, man, you missed the nite shift bat signal tonight.  melraz, RUkered and I spawned out of a mission and it stuck me in a nearly full server.  Within 30 seconds, somebody stuck a bounty on me.  I looked the player list up and realized there was only one other guy above 80.  We proceeded to take bloody vengeance on the entire server, starting the guy that put the bounty on me.  He managed one lucky kill on me, and we got him at least 20 times before he bailed out. 

The entire server was pretty much made up of nitwits, halfwits and dimwits.  Even for lower level guys, they were almost uniformly atrocious.  Lots of glitchers (who got fed a series of sticky bombs), but otherwise none of the annoying usual stuff.  Don't think I got sniped once all night.  No tanks.  We only saw one jet, and he crashed right next to RUkered and me before he could take anybody out.  Hell, I never even saw a Mary Lou used against us the entire night.  Don't think we ran into a single decent opponent all night.

DAMMIT! I thought about getting on, but I watched YouTube videos and was in bed early for my standards.

I have mixed feelings about Freemode these days because of the people you were lucky enough not to run into. I hate the guys who grab tanks constantly, grab tanks and go into passive, constantly grab jets and constantly Mary Lou because 9 times out of 10 I can't defend against it. I'm old and can't take the assbeatings, especially if I'm the only one taking the assbeatings.

But when it goes right, it's glorious.You just never know what you're gonna get.

I would've loved to been around when someone put a bounty on the wrong man, though. You gotta put some thought into it before you act. Acting without thinking is a good way to get your ass beat. 

I was in no shape to think last night

I find that hard to believe and totally unlike you.

Was it one of those "hey, you know this one? BRROOORROORORRRRROOROR" nights?

Who played "The Rodeo Song" only to have all of us start singing aiong at the end? That's an American classic, even if the band is Canadian.

• Like 2

I missed the ending. The box froze and I looked up to see it was after 3 am, so I figured that was the universe's way of telling me to get my ass in bed so I could get up and play mechanic all day again.

That room was target practice. I even got a text all like "what did I do to you??" I'm still amazed people have that reaction to getting killed. Take your sensitive ass and go tiptoe through the tulips.

I got to meet Mel's understudy, THE WOLF. He was cracking me up.

• Like 2

The Wolf~! was there? Dammit! The Wolf can play him some GTA. 

See, Mel, you gotta think about being a role model to all these impressionable young GTA players. What if Wolf was all "I gotta get loaded like the Mayor of Los Santos"?

• Like 2

They reset all the world records to zero with the last patch. I've gotten a million of them. Key is to find a race no one does. 

Water race may be my ticket!

I think you can do literally any race you want. I seriously can't remember the last race I did where I didn't set a record.

That's even taking into consideration the fact that I spent a whole race tumbling down the mountain, blowing up a couple times, missing checkpoints, etc. I believe you could jog your way to that tattoo.

And yeah Stout, old Wolf was entertaining. It's just weird hearing that little bird voice and knowing I sounded like that a couple decades ago. I'm used to playing with all you sexy voiced Barry Whites. Especially J.T. being all Colin Kaepernick (ran across that thread a few weeks ago).

• Like 2

Do I need to kick my dick up in my stomach so I can sing whitney houston from time to time burke.

Was tryin to level up my chicka earlier doin missions and the beast sent me a party invite..........and again........and again..and again.and again.and again again again again again. I finally join. Hey melrzo can you help me kill these 3 dudes. We whipped them asses then I went and got some pizza. Now its lil ceasars coors light and football. Ill try to get back on here inna bit if anybody is on.

• Like 1

Just wandered into Los Santos alone and left with my tail between my legs.

Start went well, then there was a lull, then I decided to go screw with four dots near the road that goes down to the beach. Ut oh. They was in cahoots. I was kinda hanging with them - one guy was obliterating me with a RPG - every time I'd think "he can't get me from here," he'd get me from there.

Then one of them got a jet. He proceeded to kill me five times in very rapid succession, including once on a spawn, and I'm all like "what's that, ma? Supper's ready? I'll be right there," and I got the hell out of Dodge. They're probably still laughing, but I stood less than no chance against that jet. I knew when I was beat, and I was beat.

EDIT: I went back in at night and did OK. Some guy messaged me out of the blue and said "hey, you mind helping me?" So I went down and helped him stick a foot up some guy's ass who was bothering him.

One guy kept running me over while I fired 200 RPGs at him, totally in vain. That was a tad frustrating. Best part was the end - this guy got me twice or so, but I managed to get him shot by the security guards at the helicopter pad downtown. Then for some reason, I turned into Melraz on the sniper and proceeded to snipe him five times in a row until HE RAN LIKE A SCALDED DAWG, BY GAWD! I had no one around me and it was getting late, so I left.

I really have to stay out of freemode unless some of the Horsemen are on - I crumble under the pressure of having two dots near me. I always make the wrong move. 

• Like 2

We had to delay our vacation, so I'll probably be on late tonight if anybody is around.  Might stick to shooting scavs in the face in Borderlands if nobody's on.

I did get on for a bit on Monday.  None of the Horsemen were about, so I did my standard solo freemode activity - drive around sticky bombing white dots. Only one guy was really any good, and he was being a little bitch.  He was sniping from a long way off, and he'd kill himself anytime his health got low.  Haven't run into too many people that do that, but it always annoys the living shit out of me when I do.  I said the hell with that and drove off to sticky bomb a couple people out of their custom trucks.  Drove back to find the annoying guy was standing in the middle of the street behind his custom super, and had somebody else pinned down.  He never saw me coming, so I sticky bombed him and his ride, sailed on by, and left to do a deathmatch.

• Like 1

I ran into a few who killed themselves often last night - gotta protect that K/D. There were two guys at one point killing each other, and I thought "I'll join the fray," so I did, and it turned out those two dudes were crewmates and started ganging up on me. They took off at one point, and I was convinced they were going after a tank at the theater. Instead, they were in that bank you can get into. Like I'm gonna go marching into that closed space with two dudes in there working together. I gave it a wide berth.

I picked up at $9,000 bounty real late after stealing a car, and the room was only those two goofs, one other goof who loved to get on rooftops, and me. I left the room instead of letting one of those shitheads get my bounty. 

I'd be up for some mass destruction - would be cathartic. Will keep an eye out.

Well schit thought I posted once but it aint a showin up. Ill try again. I need to get on and shewt people too. For some reason we decided to come to pigeon forge/sevierville im havin fun but so are 467,923 other people. Didn't think it'd be this busy.

Onna side note and off subject: stout you ever eat caribbean grill in johnson city?

Yeah, had the Caribbean hot dogs there once - they're awesome. Nothin' wrong with a fried hot dog with Wasabi sauce. Passed by it Tuesday. Don't know about the other stuff. Love fancyed-up hot dogs. Pissed me off when T.K.'s on Broad in Kingsport closed before I could try anything else but the California dog. Sour cream AND melted cheese? Yes, sir.

Just got off from a mid-afternoon session. Somebody named CountryGirl kept grabbing tanks over and over, and she (of course) had a little buddy with her. He wasn't bad, but she wasn't good, outside of the tanks. At one point, me and a dude in a tank were in cahoots trying to shoot her. I was driving in front of the tank with a sticky-bombed-up SUV. I got to her first that time.

Then she wound her way back to her apartment (the Del Perro one where a bunch of us live), and suddenly, she gained three buddies, so it was 5 on 1. She was probably on the game chat as a damsel in distress and all the 13-year-old boys were shitting themselves to hear a real, live girl on GTA. So they were her bodyguards while I ran in my apartment and eventually left. 

• Like 1