DVDVR Message Board

Grand Theft Auto V Talk.

Ats right if i set sail with capn' morgan and we unleash the kraken it gets to be an excitin time for all, well maybe not all but for me anyway.

Glad ya back home robert that awesome. Thanks for the update.

I just got back from Freemode, and for either the first time ever or in a mighty long time, I had a RUkered day where I absolutely owned the room and no one was there to see me reign triumphant. I only had an hour, though, so that kept the carnage at bay.

You know sometimes when you get into the room and you can look at the left side of the screen for about 30 seconds and determine who the Alpha Dog is? That was me. I never have days like this - I usually start out hot, then run into the brick wall of someone who can play. These guys buckled at my feet, and they were all high-enough level to be able to fight back. I mean, I died, but not often.

I got one guy on the beach's bounty and proceeded to whip up on him until he fled. One guy screwed with me in the meantime and got dispatched and decided to head to the other side of the map. One guy came at me with a car, which got blown up, then went into passive. Since I was near my apartment, I got my hearse and ran him over with it. He left after discovering that going into passive was not going to stop him from dying. 

One guy was getting his ass kicked and tried to run me over with a Coquette Classic. He got blown up and immediately quit.

The last one kept getting out shiny Super cars for me to blow up. In 10 minutes, I had killed him 7 times and blew up his Entity and Adder.

• Like 2

The whole Deathmatch weekender thing, it's inspired lots of people who wouldn't usually do Deathmatches to do them. Meaning, lots of people who aren't especially good at them are having a try (and almost always doing them as Team DMs). Meaning that the losing record I ended up with after spamming solo DMs chasing the Burning Heart will soon be a thing of the past. At the moment, I've cut it to 311-317, but it'll be positive numbers before you know it.

Although I imagine after next Tuesday, there'll be nobody playing GTA willing to do Deathmatches, because everyone violent will be CODding. It'll just be a racibf game for a few weeks... and then a few people will disappear to next gen after that.

Has anyone's Fireworks launcher come back? Mine hasn't.

I just got back from Freemode, and for either the first time ever or in a mighty long time, I had a RUkered day where I absolutely owned the room and no one was there to see me reign triumphant.

Yeah, yeah, go ahead and step on my moment.

Man, this game sometimes wants to screw you at every opportunity. If it's not putting you on a team with someone AFK, it's putting you on a team where even though you go 12-3, you're still losing 24-21. Then you kill all three guys on their team, get a Sniper shot lined up to spawn kill for the win (first team to 25 wins), and your teammate runs into your line of fire and dies.

Then you lose because the final score was 50-50. Which counts as a loss somehow. Even though we had the most kills by one person, power player, player with best K/D (all me BTW)... somehow a draw counts as a loss.

Boy, you PlayStation guys sure are good.

Did some afternoon runnin' around with RUkered. We did OK, nothing spectacular. We always play the same way - focused at the start, but then we start talking about God knows what and not really paying attention to the game. We argued the merits of dogs vs.cats, the professional wrestling~!, you name it. We were recalling Stone Cold's greatest moments about the time some guy was just sticking a foot up our ass. Admittedly, we had no cover where we were and he was good with a sniper, but still. 

We kept running into people off controller. We shot one chick off-controller about 200 times, and she spawned behind a building. We both go over there to pad our stats when she just suddenly mowed me down with a machine gun. "I guess she's not off controller anymore." Weird thing was, she pretty much immediately went back off controller, so we shot her some more.

GTA online rule: If you're picking on someone with a chick name (like glamorgirl15, for example), you won't be picking on her long before some brave 13-year-old knight comes to her rescue.

• Like 1

I got a Fireworks launcher out of a special crate drop. And a rare t-shirt I already had (and $5000/5000 RP). It said there crate was dropping in three hours, and a few people got in choppers, so I called my Besra and flew around in that. Got to the drop site in time to see the package actually falling from the sky, never seen that before.

If I keep doing that and get another 200 crates, the Besra will have paid for itself. Unlikely though.

Yeah, I always get sidetracked just shooting the shit and meander out in the middle of the highway like an idiot. I'm glad I don't care about dying unless I'm on a team and it can screw things up for others.

We did pretty well for two guys not trying our hardest. All I know is I've GOT to get the heavy sniper. I'm not good enough to get kills with the regular one. I shot a guy three times and he didn't go down.

Case in point, I wanted to pad my stats with one of the away from controller guys. He wasn't moving an inch. I lined up my shot and the bullet whizzed right by his head. I need Charlie Brown to follow me around saying "good grief" all the time.

We tried to do Martin's newest mission and kept having trouble until Stout donated his Buzz-ard. El Stupido is too dumb to function. I landed a helicopter right behind the barn and his dumbass just stood around soaking up bullets instead of getting in.

• Like 1

That was some fun trial and error, at least.

"What if we do this?" Fail.

"OK, what if we do it this way?" Fail.

"What if we do this?"

Trick is that the guy who picks up El Stupido stays in the back of the barn until everyone's dead. If you get anywhere near the front, he wanders out of the barn and gets shot. 

I did a few DMs Friday since there were more people in them than usual.  I was really uneven for some reason.  I'd go 12-3 one match, then be about even the next, then back to 12-3 again.  Had my worst DM result in forever in Shotgun Wedding, ending up 1-5. It was bizarre.  I'd shoot folks right in the face multiple times and not even get a reaction from them.  Then they'd one-shot me.  Happened multiple times with different opponents in that match. 

Then you lose because the final score was 50-50. Which counts as a loss somehow. Even though we had the most kills by one person, power player, player with best K/D (all me BTW)... somehow a draw counts as a loss.

I've seen that a few times.  I've even lost a couple team DMs where we had one more kill than the other guys.  Only thing I can come up with is maybe our last couple kills came after time expired.

I forgot about my favorite moment from yesterday. I'm standing beside Stout and we see a dot across the street. I see him whip out the RPG and, like an idiot, I walked right in front of him. Instant, point blank rocket up my ass. Took me a while to stop laughing on that one.

• Like 2

An Entity drove right in front of us, and of course, I'm like "ooh, shiny" FIRE! God, how I love blowing up Super cars. I know they're expensive, and they call and get them right back, but I feel more alive every time I blow up a Zentorno.

Oh yeah, I played two Deathmatches, and each time it was 16 players, two teams of 8, and the guy running the room put it on 20 kills, so it was over in 3 minutes. I finished with two kills and one death in both. I mainly let my teammates be bait and blasted opponents afterward. Seemed to work.

I miss crew deathmatches: The inevitable shanking by El Dragon, "Rippa, I am somewhere else on the map and not on the roof of this building," those damned forced pistol deathmatches where you're getting ready to kill someone and have to reload, El Dragon and Robert's team gymnastics routines, that fucking one at the lodge where everyone's basically fighting in a shoebox.

• Like 1

That actually may convince me to double-dip. I got as far as the 'Trevor and Michael are banned from Los Santos' phase of campaign mode before I bogged down, keep thinking I'd like to come back and either start over or not, but I never quite did it.

I really want a track list for the new music additions.

Went Freemodin' for a while this afternoon. Wound up with four people against me. Two ran off, leaving me with two working together. They had pretty much the same name, were wearing the same clothes and had white cars, so I figued they were working together. They were. So I thought "I don't need this two on one shit" and left the area. Well, they started following me, and I said "eh, fuck it, if I'm gonna lose, gonna go big."

So they blow up my limo I'm driving around with a four-star wanted level, and only because I'd somehow forgotten how to throw a sticky and was pushing the wrong button. I respawn and brace for the two-on-one battle, but they're gone. Look at the map, and they've moved somewhere else. I steal a car, getting a bounty in the process, and head up to take both of them on.

By the time they left, I had them by scores of 15-5 and 15-4. Other players would occasionally kill them and leave me alone, and I granted them the same courtesy. We weren't working together, we just had common goals - killing them sumbitches.

I should've followed them into the next room, but I got called into work, dammit.

You know, even if I would get an XBox one tomorrow - and that Sunset Overdrive looks like a hoot - I'm not sure I'd get GTA 5 for it.

Two in a row!

Robert and I went Freemodin' for a while last night, and sure enough, when I join his room, he's got four-five people around him.

"Dude, do you do this every time you join a room? Find the biggest fight on the map and throw yourself into it?"

"Yeah, pretty much."

Turns out it was four guys in the same crew, and they were pretty damn good. Even the weak link was good - lots of rolling. We started out cold, but was starting to turn things around slightly when they fled. We look on the map, and all four of them are somewhere else on the map just terrorizing some poor white dot. 

I really have the feeling they sensed we weren't gonna completely roll over for them and went to pick on someone else. 

So we pondered our next move and figured we needed somewhere more relaxed. We changed rooms and Robert imediately found a victim, so I joined in. He wasn't bad, but he was overwhelmed. I was even with him and Robert had him on the run. He grabbed a tank and got a few cheap kills, but we got it, too, and he left. 

What was weird was the room was full one second and had 4 people in it the next. I guess I got so involved in fighting that I didn't notice everybody leave. A guy with a bounty left and we ran off tank boy, so, another room cleared for the DVDR.

Sorry if I disappeared unannounced at the end there.  I tried to tell you I needed to drop off, but I'm not sure if you could hear me.  Seemed like one or both of us had headset issues.

That bunch of 4 was a handful, but we held our own.  One was up pretty good on me, but I think I was up on the rest of em.  They sure did like their RPGs, and their Mary Lous. 

I went after tank boy in the last room just cause he was the only red dot.  I figured he'd at least stick around and fight for a bit.

I ought to be on tonight, but it will probably be fairly late again.  Gotta go to a new parents class tonight to learn about babies or something.

• Like 1

Oh yeah, I need to figure out if I'm having headset issues - I'm scared the kitten's continual attacks on mine have caused permanent issues.

What was weird is I was even with the guy who was really up on you, even with the weak link, and one guy had me about 7-1. I really feel like we were getting momentum on them.

Don't ever worry about just dropping unannounced, I don't care. It was 4 a.m., I figured you were calling it a night.

Here's what was funny: After you left, your avatar got in that car you were driving and drove off. I figured I'd see where he'd go, so I followed. At one point, he stopped at a light, and I said "lemme see if this works," so I tried to carjack the car. Didn't work. Wouldn't let me. So by that time, the light turned green and he got the jump on me while I tried to get back to my car.

I caught up with the car on another side street - definitely the same car, had a tail light busted - and a businesswoman-type NPC was driving it. I could carjack the car then.

Oh yeah, should be on at midnight.

• Like 2