DVDVR Message Board

Grand Theft Auto V Talk.

I don't know when they added this, but there's a new thing where... we were doing races in a lobby of five people, and everyone voted for a race that is 1-16 players. So rather than have the five of us go into an empty lobby of that race, it put us in a lobby where 11 people were waiting to start it, and our host wasn't host anymore.

It turned into a bit of a thing because right at the start, there were three different conversations going on between three sets of friends, but then one guy was talking a bit more loudly, and he was saying:

"Can we talk about this later? I'm trying to concentrate on this race."

"Seriously honey, ask me again in a minute. I bet on this."

"Because I'm trying to fucking concentrate!"

"WHY DO YOU HAVE TO BRING THIS SHIT UP NOW? Let me do this fucking race and then we'll talk about that."

"You made me fucking crash! The guy in second was RIGHT THERE*! Godammit I could have won this thing! Can you not be quiet for one FUCKING minute?"

And it carries on, and carries on, and gradually every other conversation stops, until everyone is just listening to this guy's relationship deteriorate by the second... and then everyone starts chuckling to themselves a little bit. And then he mutes his mic or just stops talking, and one other guy puts on a little kid voice says says "So am I grounded?" and the whole race falls about laughing.

Arguing guy, he came 4th.

* nb: I was in second. No way he was catching me though.

• Like 4

Paging the Los Santos Mayor...

I stepped into the room with Stout and Robert who were already in the midst of a beach bonfire. Most of the map was down there.

Traded sniper fire with a few, then it turned into me and one other guy back and forth while the other Horsemen were further south. I was in the middle of the beach with no cover and couldn't see him. On one round, I was getting tagged in between Mary Lous, so I decided to give up and salute him while he got me.

I then got a friend request, as did Stout and Robert.

Rubbing elbows with the mayor appears to be rubbing off on the rest of us.

• Like 1

Now THAT was a fun night of GTA. When RUkered arrived, Robert had just gotten back from passive and me and El Dragon were just taking care of business on the beach. There were at least five other dots down there, but they were too busy dying at our hands to kill us. It was just a sniping party of epic proportions.

RUkered said they were on the game chat trying to be all tactical with us, but that was doing no good whatsoever. It was just their time to die. Seasons don't fear the reaper, boys. He chased one out of a helicopter into my waiting sniper rifle and we got a little quality pier time in.

We did run into a modder at one point who made Robert and RUkered do a little ground-humping. Robert and I ran into someone in God mode later. He kinda went away and then left - not much of a factor.

Real fun was when it was just me and Robert. We started killing and killing and killing this white dot to an absurd degree. I said "I don't even wanna know what level he is." Robert said "he's a level 7." But here's the thing - he kept coming at us. Constantly. I must've blown him up 10 times with an RPG as he rushed me with a car, and he still kept trying it.

At one point, I was on the roof of the mall. He'd climb all those stairs, eat a shotgun to the face, respawn, climb all those stairs, eat a shotgun to the face. By the end of the session, I think I had him 37-4 and Robert had him way higher than that. But he just kept coming after us. It was self-defense, dammit.

Whole room was really not much problem at all. I never got into any situation where anyone was getting the better of me. Got killed plenty, as usual, but never that "this guy's kicking my ass" thing. 

• Like 2

Yeah they were hilarious in the chat.

"Dude - don't go near the dock. That guy [Robert] is getting me over and over."

"Ahhhh they got me again!!!"

"Let's go around this side and I'll...nevermind, they got me."

"Here's some guy named...RU...kered in a chopper. Why is he flying so close to me?"  "It's just a Maverick. They're harmless."

Little did he know I had a sticky bomb on the back. In anticlimactic fashion, I blew it too quickly and didn't kill them. Major failure on my part. That would have been perfect if I hadn't screwed it up.

Thanks for the reminder on the glitch, Stout. I shot a crap cellphone video of it. Unfortunately, by the time I recorded, I was flipped on my back. Just imagine this, except it's Robert face-down on the pavement, humping away.

• Like 1

Oh, the cops are shooting you, but you're not dying and are instead lying there on the floor having a seizure. I was nowhere near you guys at the time, so I didn't get swept up into it. I was starting to come that way when the decision was made to switch rooms.

I'm sure "he got me" popped up quite a bit. I shot three guys in a row in a way that reminded me of one of those duck shooting games at the carnival. I won the Teddy Bear. I've never seen so many dots perform so poorly against lesser numbers.

P.S.: He isn't on much, but I love warrin' with El Dragon by my side. He's a dangerous man. Always a pleasure. We could use a fifth horseman. We could get on there one night with Melraz's chief of staff Wolfie~! and own a room.

• Like 2

Freemode sucks alone. One of my favorite things in life is running the trap on some poor dot, where we're closing in from two different angles and the dot is damned if he does and damned if he doesn't. Sucks when it's happening to me, but fun when I'm on the giving end. The triangle is completely awesome. I always imagine the Jaws theme in my head.

Got so many kills last night where someone was intently focused on another one of us and paying no attention to me.

I disagree that freemode sucks alone. I love running into a big melee and wrecking shit.

Yesterday, I decided to be a dick, get into a civilian vehicle, and run into a bunch of about 6 people off the radar. First thing I spotted was two people in a car fleeing. Sticky bombed them, ("whoa!" "WHAT THE FU-") ran another one over, ("Oh my god who the-") and sticky bombed another (no mic) before taking my place on top of the Los Santos Customs by the time my dot appeared on the radar.

Operation Pull Aggro was a moderate success, as two people came towards me and attacked my position. They died a lot. Eventually the cops killed me, and I spawned near the ladder up to the top of the mall. By the time I climbed the ladder, there was just one person left, and he was being super-cautious hiding behind the wall that goes behind LSC. He got close enough to the edge that I nailed him with an RPG to the ground, and then he left.

• Like 1

Oh, the cops are shooting you, but you're not dying and are instead lying there on the floor having a seizure. I was nowhere near you guys at the time, so I didn't get swept up into it. I was starting to come that way when the decision was made to switch rooms.

I'm sure "he got me" popped up quite a bit. I shot three guys in a row in a way that reminded me of one of those duck shooting games at the carnival. I won the Teddy Bear. I've never seen so many dots perform so poorly against lesser numbers.

P.S.: He isn't on much, but I love warrin' with El Dragon by my side. He's a dangerous man. Always a pleasure. We could use a fifth horseman. We could get on there one night with Melraz's chief of staff Wolfie~! and own a room.

Was my pleasure gentlemen. I'm going to try to start jumping in 2-3 times a week.

They took my Musket. I am sad.

Well dalm i hate i missed last night. I was gonna get on a lil after midnight but i got tired as hell. Really wish i coulda seen the asphalt assault in person.

You shoulda got on for the DVDR Night Shift beach party.  Everyone invited, and admission is free.  We just require that guests make a rather large blood donation.

• Like 5

They took my Musket. I am sad.

The musket is gone?? Shit. I tried to take a page out of your book a time or two and "snipe" some folks with it, but I sucked.

For those who are unaware, this crazy bastard would use it in deathmatches.

And kick ass with it.

The one deathmatch I decided to try it resulted in me missing and standing there like a doofus doing the 14 hour reload animation while I got my ass shot off.

• Like 1

Now THAT was a fun night of GTA. When RUkered arrived, Robert had just gotten back from passive and me and El Dragon were just taking care of business on the beach. There were at least five other dots down there, but they were too busy dying at our hands to kill us. It was just a sniping party of epic proportions.

RUkered said they were on the game chat trying to be all tactical with us, but that was doing no good whatsoever. It was just their time to die. Seasons don't fear the reaper, boys. He chased one out of a helicopter into my waiting sniper rifle and we got a little quality pier time in.

We did run into a modder at one point who made Robert and RUkered do a little ground-humping. Robert and I ran into someone in God mode later. He kinda went away and then left - not much of a factor.

Real fun was when it was just me and Robert. We started killing and killing and killing this white dot to an absurd degree. I said "I don't even wanna know what level he is." Robert said "he's a level 7." But here's the thing - he kept coming at us. Constantly. I must've blown him up 10 times with an RPG as he rushed me with a car, and he still kept trying it.

At one point, I was on the roof of the mall. He'd climb all those stairs, eat a shotgun to the face, respawn, climb all those stairs, eat a shotgun to the face. By the end of the session, I think I had him 37-4 and Robert had him way higher than that. But he just kept coming after us. It was self-defense, dammit.

Whole room was really not much problem at all. I never got into any situation where anyone was getting the better of me. Got killed plenty, as usual, but never that "this guy's kicking my ass" thing. 

Yeah, that was a hell of a good time.  We had a little bit of all the annoying bullshit (tanks, jets, glitches, god mode), but none of it was egregious to get in the way of the fun.  Pretty much just one continuous firefight the entire time, and we kicked the crap out of almost all of em.  I could not believe the level 7 guy kept coming at us.  He'd spawn 3 blocks off and charge us - his pistol vs. our heavy snipers. I think we wound up with about 90 kills on him before he finally took off.

I swear the competition in this game has got significantly worse over the last month or so.  The best example of that last night was when I was fighting 1 on 5, and somehow had them outnumbered.  Must've wound up about 20-1 against that group.

Thanks for the reminder on the glitch, Stout. I shot a crap cellphone video of it. Unfortunately, by the time I recorded, I was flipped on my back. Just imagine this, except it's Robert face-down on the pavement, humping away.

I was wondering what the hell was happening at first, till I figured it was the god mode guy shocking us somehow.  I was laughing my ass off at my guy dry humping the asphalt in the middle of a major road.  You looked like you were doing the Humpty Dance till you fell over.

• Like 1

At one point, I thought the Level 7 had wisened up and took off - hadn't seen him for a while - and I was handling a scrum at the pay and spray. Then here comes a car after me. It's our boy. I RPG him out of his misery for the 200th time. Good stuff.

There's a weekend event playlist that's a tribute to GTA San Andreas. I didn't enjoy it. Bailed on the third event because the guy who was hosting kept changing the rules to favour himself. A race that's designed to be done in Compacts, done in Supers with customs off? Bugger that.

Not to mention, that followed a Team Deathmatch (that should have been a solo Deathmatch) which was first to 25. I went 15-9. My partner went 6-16. It should have been forced (Micro SMG) and pickups, and the host changed it to Owned and Pickups and got all if his kills with a Heavy Sniper. And they were both wearing Bulletproof helmets like a couple of bitches.

I disagree about the bulletproof helmets - game gives you something that helps, you take advantage of it and use it. That would be like running around killing people with only a pistol, 'cause fuck rifles and machine guns, they're for pussies. Yeah, it sucks when you're trying to headshot someone and the helmet's screwing you up, but the solution is to wear your own helmet so the other guy's going through the same thing.

Freakin' El Dragon starts playing GTA yesterday afternoon at the EXACT same time I have to leave to get ready for work. Figures.

I did go up to one guy and start shit with him. He killed me. Then the game said something about a crate drop, and I said "fuck it, I'm gonna get this crate." So I took off. Dude followed me. That was his ass. I got the crate and proceeded to put a snipin' on him until he decided he had somewhere else he needed to be.

Bulletproof helmets reward unskilled players. Everyone who chooses to use one is therefore outing themselves as a unskilled player. Bottom line.

Bulletproof helmets reward all players - it's not like they're available only to some players. If they introduce bulletproof body armor, I'm buying it. Everybody else is gonna, damned if I'm not gonna also. It's a noble thing to say "I'm not gonna use it," but 99 percent of the other players aren't concerned with being noble. Hell, I ran around in a motorcycle helmet all the time 'cause they protected a bit against headshots. If there's an advantage to be had, I'm taking it, 'cause everyone else could be doing it, too.

I'm kinda surprised we kept running into opponents who didn't have the bulletproof helmet on. Freemode is war - gotta go in with every advantage offered to you.

• Like 1

This is my input on the bullet proof helmets......i personally dont have one but i have been wantin to get one with my primary character. I know for a fact that i have put 2 heavy sniper rounds into a sum bitches head only to have been killed by that sum bitch. I haven't been able to play much here lately cause of work and what little i have played has been with my secondary character which i just do missions with. I personally wish rockstar wouldnta come up with the helmets but they did. I think everybody needs one...not havin it is like not modin vehicles to race with. Everybody that can have an advantage is gonna have it cant blame em just gotta join em.

Got my worst ass kicking in a long time in freemode a couple days ago.  Saw a bunch of dots near the downtown pay and spray and decided to say high in my usual way.  Unfortunately, they were having none of it.  Most of them were together, and they were really, really good.  I ran into a couple of them a long time back, and still remember it - I'd put them #1 or #2 for the toughest DM opponents I've faced.  I managed to hold my own with most of em, but one guy just wiped the floor with me.  They lost interest in their 4 or 5 on 1 after a while, and I wasn't complaining about that for once.