DVDVR Message Board

Grand Theft Auto V Talk.

I admire your moxie in trying to do them despite the obstacles. If I get tennis as one of mine, I say "well, not today" and move on. If someone sends out a tennis invite, I'll take it, of course.

God, trying to get someone to do the impromptu race is insane. You could try joining some crazy capture to see if someone's fishing for a daily objective, then ask if they'll help you get the tennis one. It does take forever, though.

It's first to win six games, but you have to win by two. 6-4 is a winner. 6-5 is not. Either you're gonna go up 7-5, which is a winner, or tied 6-6, which leads to a tiebreaker.

Ah, right.  Didn't know how many you needed to win, thought it might've been 7 or some such.

My moxie exists only due to being under the impression that there was an achievement or something for 50 days.  Not sure if it's an achievement or just a "hey, you made it 50 days, here's $50k".  And apparently there's one at 100 days.  I don't think I'm going to go for that.  Once this month of dailies is up, it's a day to day thing.  I'm only two weeks away from a relatively easy $500k (assuming that there's not another tennis objective).

Tennis is probably the most difficult of the bunch.  I've only had two impromptu races, luckily finding people who didn't mind going along.  1v1 deathmatches are a close second.

• 2 weeks later...

There's a few extra things to do in single-player. The big difference is online. Rockstar's not updating online for PS3 and XBox 360 any more, so what you see is what you've got. They've brought out all sorts of fun stuff like gameplay modes and extra goodies for the One and PS4 that the old-gen folks won't get. Plus there's bound to be more people playing the PS4 version right now than the PS3. Unless money is a super, super issue, I'd go with the PS4 version.

First, you have to play the story mode prologue before getting online. After which, pause and click online as usual. But, before choosing what type of lobby/session, you click character transfer. As long as you're registered on the Social Club site, you're good.

Then, after that you get taken to a mugshot/lineup room where you pick which character you want to edit before going online. If you have two, like myself, you do this twice. After all that, you're good to go. Everything switches over. Money, rank, cars etc. It's pretty simple. Just make sure you're on R*SC, otherwise you're gonna have to start all over again with your character.

Good luck.

http://www.express.co.uk/entertainment/gaming/620790/GTA-5-Rockstar-GTA-Online-2-Take-Two

Take Two CEO asked why GTA doesn't come out every year like Ass Creed and Cod. Says why, then reveals that they consider GTA and Red Dead to be permanent franchises that new games will be released for forever. So, GTA 6 & Red Dead Revolution* CONFIRMED~!

* I just made up that title. The previous two games were Revolver and Redemption, so Redemption 2 doesn't fit. I was going to put re-evaluation instead, but I thought I'd try to guess the actual title for a laugh.

It's simple, the reason GTA games do such huge numbers is that they only come out every 3-5 years and not every year.  They have a lot more scale and polish than other open world games and people recognize that, unlike with franchises like Assassin's Creed where the push to bring out yearly installments results in substandard efforts that push down sales.

Also, they're making $50+ million per year on Shark Card sales, so there's no huge rush to make the new GTA game.

$50 million? Jeez o pete, that seems high. I know they do bundle virtual shark cards with downloads of the game through the XBox store, but I can't believe that many people are buying shark cards.

That said, they do have a pretty good idea at the moment what the players want and how to get them to part with their money - introducing two limited-edition vehicles last time was pretty crafty. I think we'll keep getting more garages as they keep giving us more cars to buy. I bet the lowrider thing was big out of the gate, but I dunno how much life it has left in it.

Eh, the big thing out of the Low Rider update was the 7 Lamar missions anyway.  

And GTA 6 was basically confirmed back when 5 was being released:  Lazlow went on Opie & Anthony and was talking about how the games take 3-5 years to complete.  Anthony said, so you're working on 6 already and Lazlow gave the "I'm not at liberty to discuss" non-answer... basically saying yeah. 

Just spent about an hour and a half in Jackassville:

Exhibit 1: One of THOSE guys who very literally would grab a tank, get it blown up, go into passive, grab another tank, get it blown up, go into passive, grab another tank, get it blown up ... he did this constantly for the entire hour and a half I was in the room. I knocked him out of the tank three times before I said "screw him" and just quit bothering. At the end of the game, he was closing in on me with yet another tank (after traveling a considerable distance to get to me), so I threw it in passive and left.

Exhibit 2: The only other person on the mic never said a word, just kept crunching chips and crunching chips and crunching chips. I had shit to do at the time, so I muted him and decided I'd pay him a visit later. I wrapped up my business and sidled over to him, killing him twice before I wondered if he was gonna let me hear a little play-by-play. So I unmute him. What was he doing? Crunching chips. And crunching chips, and crunching chips.

Here came the tank again, so I just gave up.

• Like 2

$50 million? Jeez o pete, that seems high. I know they do bundle virtual shark cards with downloads of the game through the XBox store, but I can't believe that many people are buying shark cards.

That said, they do have a pretty good idea at the moment what the players want and how to get them to part with their money - introducing two limited-edition vehicles last time was pretty crafty. I think we'll keep getting more garages as they keep giving us more cars to buy. I bet the lowrider thing was big out of the gate, but I dunno how much life it has left in it.

The figure came out of Take Two's financial statements.  Even though it's not technically a free to play game, GTA:O is like most games like that genre in that most players won't use real money to enhance their characters but there is a small percentage of "whales" who spend a ton of money.  Like there was a story not too long ago where a kid racked up thousands of dollars of charges on his dad's credit card by buying a ton of packs in the ultimate team mode of FIFA.  I'd suspect a lot of the cash generated is stuff like that - kids who don't want to grind just buying a bunch of shark cards. 

It's PS4/One/PC.  PS3 and 360 aren't getting any more updates.

Wonder how many times I'll have to spam Rooftop Rumble to buy some of that shit.

Probably a ton, the mission payouts are pretty awful now - well, even worse than they used to be.  And most people just do heists or Lamar's missions so unless you have friends/crew on, it's hard to do any other missions.

I mean even stout's not playing it anymore... at least for the moment

It's really no fun without a gang of fellow miscreants to team up with and kick around some poor sap.

God, I can only imagine the nerdgasm right now on GTA Forums. "OMG, mansionzzzz!"

EDIT: From checking GTA Forums, we have missed the first auto duplication glitch of the "current generation" consoles (had something to do with using Albany Buccaneers to dupe more expensive cars, like the hooker glitch - has been patched), and apparently people took big-time advantage of it. Expect there to be a billion yachts on the ocean when this update drops.