DVDVR Message Board

Grand Theft Auto V Talk.

Yeah, it should take a bit, but they should all update automatically when you first install the game.

If you can even play online with other people, you should have the updates, because the game doesn't let people play together unless they all have the same version of the game.

I'd do story mode before jumping into online. But online on PS3, on the rare occasions I go back there (I've done all there is to do, more than once), I don't find many empty rooms. If you need a crewmate to watch your back, I might be persuadable. If you remember to join the DVDR* crew, obvs.

* Has to be 4 initials. And Neil thought DVDR looked better than DVDV two+ years ago.

I just got a Xbox one. Do games automatically update? Like if I started playing now will the festival update download? The previous ones as well? I'm not seeing updates in the game section like I did on the 360.

Same here, man.  I kicked off the game install and received a notice that a 8+ GB update was required, so that would probably be every single update since the initial release, online and off.

If you're on PS4 RU, please feel free to add me. 

I'm on 360 and XB1. (Yes - I'm one of the many of us who double-dipped on this game). We're all just trying to catch up with Robert. Did you get it for PC yet, Rob?

I got on for a little while last night to install the new stuff and check some things out. I saw an option to play a Beast Adversary game on the loading screen, so I hit that. It was pretty fun, but I had trouble because it (apparently - unless I missed something) locks you into first-person view. I kept running into walls and getting hung up on everything because I couldn't see, and it took me until the game was almost over to remember how to sprint in first person.

I bailed on that and went into freemode. It only took about 10 minutes to feel like an old familiar pair of broken in slippers. I drove up on two guys in a van. They started blowing the horn, so I got off my bike and tried to get in. It didn't look like a personal vehicle, but I couldn't get in it for some reason. I guess they got tired of me, so they shot me. "Gooooooooood," I think to myself. I stole a car, obviously wiring it up with explosives first. I drove up on the van, they started shooting, and KABOOM.

As if the game was saying, "You don't need Fallout - remember how much fun I am?," it respawned me halfway up the mountain and spawned the two guys down on the highway. Fucking fish in a barrel. I wore them both out repeatedly. I think I was up 11 to 3 on one dude, and 8 to 1 on the other. They finally ended up flanking me, and while I was focused on the better guy, I hear the sound of fireworks. Before I can lower my sniper and run, I got blasted with the firework. My character collapsed and proceeded to slide/flop/roll down the mountain for a solid 10-15 seconds. I was dying laughing. The guy hit me with another firework when I stood up, which made me slide down even further. By that time, he was close enough to shoot me with the combat MG. I was laughing so much that I sent him a message congratulating him.

I then called in my Dukes and led them on a chase which ended up with all three of us jumping into the Fort where we decided to quit screwing with each other and try to dodge tank shells. I think I may have possibly found a way to get out of there, but I ended up dying before I could test my theory. In the southeast corner of the map, around where the two cargobobs usually spawn - is it possible to hit that red and white "ramp" and jump out of the fort? I know that's a terrible description, so hopefully y'all know what I'm talking about. I hit it accidentally and I'm pretty sure I could have cleared the fence if I hadn't bashed into a light pole. Anybody done it successfully?

EDIT: Ignore the yellow arrows on this picture. I put a red square around the area I'm talking about.

zancudo_zpsrpgxcy0h.jpg

• Like 1

I got on for a little while last night to install the new stuff and check some things out. I saw an option to play a Beast Adversary game on the loading screen, so I hit that. It was pretty fun, but I had trouble because it (apparently - unless I missed something) locks you into first-person view. I kept running into walls and getting hung up on everything because I couldn't see, and it took me until the game was almost over to remember how to sprint in first person

The host can lock the view to either 1st or 3rd.

• Like 1

Yup, that's what happened.

That beast adversary mode is fun, but the beast has a pretty sizable advantage, strangely enough. I kept getting mauled by the bastard over and over again as he'd sneak up on me. Reminded me of Dragon shanking me with broken bottles during deathmatches.

There is nothing more fun than Freemode when it's going your way. Not so fun when it isn't, but ...

I basically wasted $40 on this game again...i still have people other than crew that play, but they keep strange hours. Herby is in austria, sasori is in fucking asiatown somewhere, then hendog amd his wife.

The crew that do still play have a strange habit of ignoring party invites, bail when i join the lobby, then ignore my message asking what their fucking problem is. This is while they play gta. Whatever though, ive got other shit to do, i just thought its be fun to run some missions/heists, kill some dots every now and then.

I should have just bought black ops 3, fucking hate call of duty, p2p pvp in general, but id have people to game with when i get a chance to get online and play. FO4 (much like destiny) just drains time, and i cant invest 4-5 hrs a day gaming anymore.

I thought gta would be a game i could just pick up and play for a few minutes do some stuff, chat with friends, and go on with real life.

I think I may have possibly found a way to get out of there, but I ended up dying before I could test my theory. In the southeast corner of the map, around where the two cargobobs usually spawn - is it possible to hit that red and white "ramp" and jump out of the fort? I know that's a terrible description, so hopefully y'all know what I'm talking about. I hit it accidentally and I'm pretty sure I could have cleared the fence if I hadn't bashed into a light pole. Anybody done it successfully?

Havoc showed me how to do that 2 years ago. How have you been getting out of the base all this time? Just stealing a jet or dying and respawning outside?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ain't been on here inna dalm long time and this has nothin to do with GTA other than my game style. Anyhoo me and Burke have been playin red dead and I passed into legend mode on free mode. I had a mur mur pistol and that's about it. Other than my trusty tomahawks that I purchased in some rockstar money scheme.

Some high level bastard kept whoopin my ass my shitty volcanic revolver just couldn't get the job done. I finally got in close to the bastard and got the ol' tomahawks out. I Mary Lou and sling one between that bastards eyes. I ended up gettin 3 Mary Lou tomahawk kills inna row on the Shit ass. It was good times. Hope to get a one, one of these here days and roam the streets once again!

• Like 1

I can STILL go on here and find new fun shit to do. I got a $9K bounty placed on me, and got the idea to go get my Hydra. I flew up to 8000 feet over a relatively remote spot near the eastern coast that was far from any roads, set the jet in hover mode, and I waited. Eventually, two dots started to go over the mountain, approaching me carefully, apparently out of their vehicle. I waited until they started to get close, then slowly moved away, staying over land. They moved faster, and I kept moving away. One went back to get their vehicle, going to the other, and they came after me more quickly, at which point I put it in jet mode and flew across the map.

• Like 2

Baiting idiots never stops being fun.  

I had a level 80 the other day who felt he needed to pick a fight with me after I trounced him in a deathmatch. He sniped me as I was leaving the spot where we spawned.  

Being the prodigy of melraz, Burke, mis, and stout,  I demanded satisfaction. 

After I went up 5-1, he asked for a 1 on 1 DM, which I won 5-1.   Thinking it was over, I go to leave, and he blows up my car. 

Alright, motherfucker.  

I was in the 20's when he finally went Passive and left. 

God, it felt good pounding on someone old school style. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry we couldn't get to play much together, Roast - I think it was some kind of connection issue. I tried resetting my XBox, all that crap.

I don't care much for that new Drop Zone thing - first I'd heard of it, too busy protecting the Commonwealth. My problem is the parachuting every time you get killed. It's parachute, land, get killed, parachute, land, get killed.

I did have to take a Sultan to Benny's, even after I promised not to take any more cars there. Sultans are my designated Allah Akbar cars - I have a garage full of them. So I figured I had to soup one up because I like them so much. It looks cool, but damn, is it expensive. And I didn't even get any performance mods like a faster engine or better brakes, just cosmetic stuff.

Ran into my first obvious cheater on the One. He was a Level 1,000 with a kill/death ratio of 18.2. His body would flicker slightly every once in a while, but mainly, the only thing you could see as he came at you was his head. He was killable, though.

All of those glitched players are total shit. None of their cheats work in next gen, so they're easy targets. I run into several of them every day and they always end up being spawn killed and being forced into passive while being sent texts in-game to rile them up. People get so worked up while getting pantsed, it's hillarious.

His body would flicker slightly every once in a while, but mainly, the only thing you could see as he came at you was his head. He was killable, though.

All you have to do is give them one of these and you're good...

nsBddW6.gif

No worries stout.  I actually had a pretty good weekend playing Drop Zones for a few hours and made around $250k.  There's supposed to be some Valentine's Day DLC coming next week, so this double cash weekend was probably to fatten up your wallet for that.

I've seen glitchers a bit more frequently recently.  I saw a Level 8000 the other day, and this may have been an in game glitch, but I saw a Level -1 yesterday. 

Must be very, very scarce. I'm often in public lobbies and haven't ever come across anyone like those from PS3. A lot of the stuff they used was hot fixed months ago. Like modded roll, unlimited snacks/armor, fast run and no recoil. The only thing that I have seen come close to that, is when you get a room full of (I feel really bad about saying this, but it happens more often than not) players from Central and South America. A majority of them are the types of players who are invisible and have such bad lag, that it'll take three or four clips till it actually shows them dying. But, that's something completely different than modding. It's just technology.

All of those ridiculous ranks are just the character transfers of awful players. Constant passives and RPG spammers. Nothing to worry about.

• 2 weeks later...

Heaven help me, but I'm getting the urge to play this thing again.  I'm gonna finish Fallout first, but then I have a feeling there's some dot torturing in my future.

I did actually get on over the weekend for about 30 mins.  Had to install an update that I didn't even know had happened.  Then immediately spent a million dollars on a car I didn't need.

First thing afterwards the game started a drive-by event.  Closest thing to me was an Insurgent with two guys in it, so of course I went after that.  Sadly, my first allah akbar attempt failed, so I had to do things the old fashioned way and shoot the guys out of it.  They eventually took off, but didn't run fast enough to avoid the second allah attempt.  That was about all the excitement I found.  Maybe 15 minutes of actual gameplay.  One Insurgent personal vehicle destroyed.  A dozen sticky bombs and several RPGs used.  Unnecessary car bought.  Business as usual.  Anybody got a spare shark card?  I'm gonna be like Dan soon and be too poor to pay my mechanic.

• Like 2