DVDVR Message Board

Grand Theft Auto V Talk.

Some goof came at me in a Zentorno tonight. Here's the funny thing - he came at me, tried to do the backing-up thing, didn't like his line, drove forward, backed up again, didn't like his line, drove forward and backed up again. He had a pretty good line that time, so I blasted him with a rocket and went on my way.

Here's a weird one - was doing that game where you try to drop off the car at a certain point. I was behind the car and a pink dot was closing in on me. The person delivered the car, so I threw it in reverse and took off back down the hill, where the pink dot shot me.

I thought "oh, want a fight, do ya?" and got ready to lay the smacketh down. Or so I thought. Turns out pink dot and the one who delivered the car were in the same crew, and they started obliterating me with that marksman rifle, just whipping my ass.

I decided I needed a breather, so I got behind some rocks. I noticed they were near my car, but I didn't care about the car, it was one of my Sultans. Then I notice they're driving off in my car. "Hey, wait, I'm 99.9999 percent sure I've got it on Passengers." Sure enough, check the menu and it's on passengers only. So how are they driving it? I can't recall my personal vehicle because the game says I'm not using one (despite the moving car on the map). I can't kick them out of my car because it says there's no one in the car.

Finally, I just switched the setting from Passengers to No One, and I noticed that stopped the car and kicked them out. I could then request my personal vehicle.

• Like 2

I got no answer for you on that car.  Never seen anything like that before.

When I got on, the game sent me a message that I had been given $50000 and items.  No idea why, or what the other things were.  I did find a way to get even more tattoos, so I now have 18 total.

Also, since when has there been a 50 cal pistol in this game?  Has it been there for a long time, and I just missed it?

The goof in the Zentorno was funny.  I was running down the hill just south of Eclipse Towers. He must've come out of his garage, saw me, and thought easiest bounty ever.  He rammed me from behind and launched me down to the bottom of the hill.  I got up and tried to use an RPG, but accidentally hit him with the fireworks launcher.  He was so useless that I had time switch to the RPG and send him to the great beyond.  I got him 4 or 5 more times before the server dumped, and was never in any real danger.

Last room I was in was a giant clusterfuck.  About 8-10 high level red dots fighting it out near the gas station in Chinatown.  I held my own, but that was it.  Then a kill list event showed up.  Never seen one of those before, so I took off for the marker, which was way up in the northwest corner.  I didn't make it in time, but did manage to catch up with a guy that did.  RPG took care of his Kuruma, and then he got sniped running for a Buzzard that was out on the beach.  I grabbed the buzzard, but it took some damage from some NPCs - I guess the kill list targets, maybe.  I was trying to land the thing on top of Mt Chiliad, but the engine kept cutting out.  Then the game sent me a message that Pegasus was reclaiming the Buzzard.  The damn thing went on autopilot and headed south.  After about a minute of that, it kicked me out of the buzzard, which promptly crashed, giving me a wanted level.  I opened the parachute and managed to make it all the way to Sandy Shores.

• Like 2

The $50,000 and items was a bonus for participating in at least a certain number of those new Freemode activities over the first weekend.

Here's a dick move from me last night - the challenge to see how far you can drive without crashing came up, so I went to the airport and crashed into all the people on the runways trying to do the challenge.

I think the 50-cal pistol was maybe the update before this Freemode update, the last for both platforms.

• Like 3

Can you participate in any events in passive?

No.  You'll get a little pop up that says "You cannot participate in this event while being in Passive Mode".   

In fact, you won't even be able to tell what event it is until you're out of Passive. 

I grabbed a motorcycle for the longest wheelie contest (I'm a mark for these contests) and headed to the airport, where I took a pretty decent lead. I noticed my main competition was down there, too, so I chucked sticky bombs at him until he blew himself up trying to retaliate. I won.

RUkered, I joined your party, but I couldn't tell if we were having communication problems or if you were on the phone. I was having some odd headset problems last night.

Very nice trick on the longest wheelie.... if you grab a bike off the street, do a donut until the back tire pops (or shoot it out).  The bike will then allow you to wheelie as long as you don't crash. 

Or just get a Bati or a Hakuchou for the same result.

Another longest wheelie tip:

Nub5TUd.png

If you start near the runway lights in that circle, that's your longest no-traffic straightaway on the map, (I'm omitting the Zancudo runway, which is a longer straight, but you're too likely to have jeeps and trucks in your way there.)

Here's a dick move from me last night - the challenge to see how far you can drive without crashing came up, so I went to the airport and crashed into all the people on the runways trying to do the challenge.

I'm so proud I dalm near shed a tear. That's hilarious.

I never heard you in the party. I figured you were just too busy beating the hell out of that dude who was away from the controller.

Stout killed the kid so much that he ended up having to cross two bodies of water to keep up with his respawns.

Anyway, I really hate One parties. You can't tell if anyone has joined, left, etc., and it's annoying having to separately load the user list to launch or join one.

Oh yeah Stout - I recorded two different clips of you raising hell if you want to check them out. If you don't see them, let me know. I'm still trying to learn exactly how that upload center thing works.

• Like 1

I was trying to do that challenge, and someone flew by in a Buzzard. I don't know if they were intending to shoot at me or not, (they booked it when I got out and aimed a homing rocket at them,) but it disrupted my score, so I got a Hydra and shot their buzzard out of the sky.

Then I got 7 more kills on them before they finally got one on me and took off running.

• Like 1

I was working on my K-D by killing that kid over and over. Actually, it was me taking out my frustrations over being everyone's punching bag lately. I just haven't played well.

I did dig my airstrike kill on him to start the show.

• Like 1

I saw those. On the one where I hit him with the car, he was lagging like hell on my screen, I had no real idea what was going on.

He hasn't been on here in a while - the Mayor didn't get swept up in those bullshit layoffs, did he? I think he kinda works for another branch of the operation, but I'm not sure.

Next Week:  

uJCG5g0.jpg

With next week’s release of GTA Online: Lowriders for PS4, Xbox One and PC – lovers of cars and customization all across Los Santos and Blaine County will have a suite of brand new options and a new place to go get them. Introducing Benny’s Original Motor Works, a new customs shop in downtown Strawberry that offers a huge range of lowrider customizations that can turn your classic junker into a high-spec, tricked-out king of the streets.
Visit Benny’s website via the shortcut on your in-game phone to choose from a half-dozen select customizable vehicles – then bring them down to the man himself for an upgrade that unlocks new custom lowrider mods. Deck out your engine block with covers and air filters, coat your interiors with velour, leather and patterns, choose custom colors and designs for your dials, or add a new steering wheel and custom shift levers. Give your ride lift with hydraulics - the more powerful the pumps, the higher you can bounce. And boost your stereo’s performance with new speakers and subs in the back.
Then, meet up with friends and fellow car enthusiasts to show off your new rides – use the Player Interaction Menu while inside or outside the car to open up the vehicle doors, hood and trunk, switch on the engine to flash your neons and bump your favorite radio station for all to admire. Crew car shows are about to go next level.
And keep an eye out for calls and texts from Lamar – he’s making moves of his own through a series of new missions and he’s going to need your help. You’ll want to hit up your trusted allies, wheelmen, and sharpshooters for backup too, as things are going to get hectic.
Get stocked with the fully automatic Machine Pistol or Machete from Ammu-Nation. The upwardly mobile can also expand their garage space and fleet of vehicles with the addition of the oft-requested fourth purchasable property. There’s also tons of new clothing, hair and accessory options as well as 3 new Adversary Modes and more.
GTA Online: Lowriders arrives for PS4, Xbox One and PC as an automatic update on Tuesday, October 20th. See more screens from next week’s update below.

tl;dr - Low Riders coming in a new garage.  4th property available.  New Lamar missions. New "Machine Pistol".  And a machete.

6jQXrtF.jpg

RCdeeGY.jpg

zMAJZsh.jpg

HxUrAo9.jpg

(Oh, I'm looking forward to a few well placed grenades as I drive-by.)

Really surprised, but grateful, that they're still doing significant updates to online.  I guess they'll keep pricing this shit high and assume people will keep buying shark cards.

I'm still curious how many of those they've sold.  If all the money I've spent in this game (most of which came from the free money days, and other nefarious means) came from shark cards, I'd have spent about $2000 in actual currency.