DVDVR Message Board

Grand Theft Auto V Talk.

So this is the worst fucking day I've had on this game.  Got that 1.2 mil earlier from some hacker, ran into some other asshole who couldn't be killed, nor could his car be blown up.  Reported that.  Ran into another dickhead earlier who I couldn't kill at all.  I decided to buy a Buzzard and give it a whirl.  Tried shooting at some guy, all of a sudden shit is exploding all around me in the air, fire is coming out fo the propellers and I get kicked from the Buzzard, as it's being taken back by Pegasus due to being destroyed or something and apparently I committed suicide.  I try shooting at the guy (no dent was put in him) and he winds up driving off.  So I go back to my car, go find him.  I am right behind him, sticky bomb out the window, all ready, and I get kicked out of my car.  Like my guy is just standing in the middle of the road and the car kept going a bit without me.  Went to get my car, figured it was him, took his fucking name down.  Went back after him, tossed a sticky at his car, blew it up and his passenger, and he fucking walks out of it like the goddamn terminator.  All of a sudden my wanted level goes up gradually to a 5 star, he kills me.  I respawn.  Same thing with the wanted level, tried sending a message through the text thing.  The auto complete field was empty, my controllers spazzing, so I quit out of the game.  What the fuck?

That's last gen for you.

What system are you on, Shylock? Because you've access to expert crewmates on every machine (except PC I think). On PS3, PetrolCB strolls through heist finales (on hard) with his eyes closed at this point, and I'm a Platinummer. XBox 360 is a little short because everyone went to the One except Melraz. PS4 has Cristobal, who's good all round except for being a coward in deathmatches. Don't know if Havoc still plays, but he's a top guy too. XBone is the most stacked with DVDVR crew.

Don't throw shade on VolkHan0 on the PS3. He's a top shelf teammate as well.

Don't worry about $1.2 million. That's not gonna be on their radar at all, especially last-gen. They've got bigger fish to fry - introducing new cars for current-generation people to buy. Everyone who started playing the game on XBox One or PS4 has never gone through a money glitch, so they're more likely to be buying shark cards.

And cheater dood had to be using a mod menu. I would've had to have seen the Buzzard thing, but I definitely would've left the room as soon as I got kicked out of my car. Don't bother trying to fight them, you can't win.

Poor little dude Mary Lou'd right into the path of my car, hitting the grill.

One guess as to what happened next...

You got out of the car and apologized profusely?

Last time I was on I tossed a sticky at a guy who was hiding around the corner of a building.  He Mary Lou'd around the corner just as the thing landed at his feet.  I laughed a bunch, but I don't think he enjoyed it as much as I did.

• Like 3

So I go into the Eastern most Customs shop noticing that some guy is around and he's in red, so I know he's been up to shit.  So I'm conscious of that.  I come out, he's down the road a bit.  And I'm thinking he probably put proxies down around the ramp up so that he could blow up my car.  I'm driving cautious and before I think "Hey, maybe get out of the car and scan the area?" I get blown up and I can hear the guy chuckle during my death scene thing.  I usually have the chat off, but it comes on if someone killed me if they're saying anything.  That just bugged the shit out of me for some reason.  I summoned my buzzard, which A - Z) The flying sucks just in general for some of the heli's in this game, so I'm normally not great at maneuvering it.  I take it for a run.  Find the guy, someone else was with him and I fired off a homing rocket and I had it locked on the wrong person.  Blew his friend up.  Then the main guy blew me up.  What followed was about a 30 or so minute back and forth with me versus two other guys going from the barren area east of the Sandy Shores Airfield all the way into town (where I basically jumped into passive so I could get somewhere I could get into cover).  Kept it real close with both.  I think one was 12 - 9 or 10, and the other one was up by one I think.  I don't know if those guys just kinda sucked or if I've gotten much better at the PvP stuff in this game, but I felt pretty good after it for hanging against two people who were trying to gun me down.

Speaking of blowing up, what's the strategy for trying to kill some douche in a jet if you're on land and too far away from the base to get one yourself?  Homing launcher is useless if they're halfway decent at evasive flying.

• Like 1

Go under a tunnel and wait for them to crash. Or snipe the engine about five times, that'll blow it up. Sometimes if you damage their jet and then they crash, you get credit for the kill.

Sniping the pilot works too, but if they aren't in the Jump Jet, it's a little tricky. I mean, I've done it, but it wasn't easy or anything.

What level are you, Shylock? I didn't even really give a shit about killing people in Freemode until I was about level 80 or so, when I ran into that reprobate The Mayor of Los Santos and started taking out my life frustrations on dots. Sounds like you're doing well. Being able to take on two guys is always a good feeling. The real fun is finding several allies and being one of the ones on the other end of that deal - we've had people 7-on-1 before in the heyday of the 360 version. I can only imagine the reaction on the other side.

Couldn't agree more with the wise AxB's advice. We've brought down jets with homing missiles before, but not often. I try to stay away from them. Parking garages are good for that kind of thing, too. Overpasses are OK, but you can sometimes get taken out by machine gun fire.

• Like 2

What level are you, Shylock? I didn't even really give a shit about killing people in Freemode until I was about level 80 or so, when I ran into that reprobate The Mayor of Los Santos and started taking out my life frustrations on dots. Sounds like you're doing well. Being able to take on two guys is always a good feeling. The real fun is finding several allies and being one of the ones on the other end of that deal - we've had people 7-on-1 before in the heyday of the 360 version. I can only imagine the reaction on the other side.

Couldn't agree more with the wise AxB's advice. We've brought down jets with homing missiles before, but not often. I try to stay away from them. Parking garages are good for that kind of thing, too. Overpasses are OK, but you can sometimes get taken out by machine gun fire.

Slightly over level 100.

I figure once I get access to the Minigun that might even things out even more if I get into problems with a jet.

Nah, miniguns are no real defense against jets. Miniguns are used for riding on top of ambulances and terrorizing NPCs.

Speaking of which, got the "steal the most cars" challenge a minute ago. I called Lester to buy myself three minutes of peace, just for funsies. Thing I didn't know until today: If you steal enough cars and get enough people get to wanting to fight you and you don't engage them, they will eventually start fighting with each other.

Also, I just tried to do the "fight Merriweather" one, and while I'm waiting in the helicopter for anyone else to show up, some sumbitch comes along and tries to ram the Buzzard with his gold Adder and got out and tried to shoot me (it wouldn't let him). So he jumps in the passenger's seat of the Buzzard and takes over my missiles. We last all of about five seconds against the Merriweather Buzzards.

So he and a buddy sped off, and well, you can guess ... I gave chase. They went to the airport and got themselves planes. Dude from the Buzzard wrecked his very quick. So I swung around, and about the time he was trying to get in his gold Adder, I gave him an early Christmas present.

I'm not 100 percent certain, but I'm pretty sure that if the game had popped up a warning that said "blow up this dude's car and you WILL go back to juvie," I'd have said "fuck it" and done it anyway. Sumbitch in his gold Adder.

Unfortunately, he respawned, his buddy crashed, and a third guy showed up at the end to make it 3-on-1. I can do math, I had cooking to do, see ya, boys.

• Like 3

Overall, though, yesterday was an awful day in Los Santos. Dolfan got on there at the last and I dragged him down into my abyss of awful. We did manage one good run on one guy before he got kicked out in a server purge (about 7-8 people left at once).

I'm just gonna quit bothering with King of the Hill. They should rename it to Stout Gets Killed a Lot.

I forgot the challenge, but I was in first and feeling good about my score when I noticed someone else had taken over first place. I was like "who's this sumbitch that's already taken my top spot, dammit?" It was Roast. Didn't even know he was in the room. I left him hanging out to dry - my apologies - at one point to go chase those circles on land, but by that time, I'd realized I was more liability than help. One of those nights. I guess I could've provided Roast a break by giving those dudes someone else to kill.

Shouldn't have moved up. When I left 360 Los Santos, it was full of Level 36s. Now everyone's in the 200s at least, it seems. There's some very low ones in there, but I don't like picking on low levels specifically unless they wander into my line of sight and I start killing them without realizing their level. Then I feel bad for five seconds and start killing them some more. Find a new room, hippies.

• Like 2

I always love our collective response in those situations.

*shoot dot for the 12th time*

"This dude sucks. What level is he anyway?"

"Aw man...he's a dalm level 8."

*five seconds of silence*

"Fuck 'em, he wandered over here."

*shoot dot 13th time*

• Like 4

My Z-Type must drag me down.  Pretty much every time whatever ability I have in GTA freemode goes down the shitter when I have it set as my personal vehicle.  And it's not just while driving.  Just having it set as my personal vehicle usually means that if trouble finds me, it's going to beat me down into a puddle of nothing.

Some guy sent a mugger on me.  Since I just finished my Daily Objectives, I went after him.  Wound up going down 7 - 1 on that guy and 3 - 1 on another guy that was around after my initial deaths.  Both assholes probably got more than though.  I went in passive trying to figure out how the fuck I'm going to get away from the airbase and both guys, one in a car and one in the jet, started running me down.  The guy in the jet was swooping down on me killing me with the wing of his plane.  How the fuck are people so damn good with those jets?  I wish I would have had my Hydra when I was going after him.  I would have, if I'd have known he'd be in the jet.  I could just give chase behind and used the guns, since they are easier to aim in the Hydra even when using the jet mode on it.

Found another guy who killed me, inside my Z-Type, as I'm trying to get it into my garage after I used the "continue heist" thing in my phone to get away from the other two.  Got my Turismo, gave chase.  Ran him down while he was on foot.  Against my better judgment I tried going after him again after that, and I got killed 3 times.  Each followed by a taunting text and him running off to some other area on the map.  I had him down by Del Perro Pier, he goes off the radar, finds my car and unloads his minigun into it, gets in a jetski and runs off while sending another annoying text.  In turn, I complimented him on his running and suggested he probably had good cardio.  Wound up killing him twice after catching up to him, then he disappeared.

So, moral of the story:  My Z-Type is a dick and it won't be used for a while.  Not only is it grounded, but I placed it in my 'Garage of Misfit Cars'.  The cars I generally like, but I don't use on any regular basis.  Off Roads, certain Muscle cars, dirtbikes, stuff like that.

• Like 2

I have a Tornado, Gauntlet (I think), a Sanchez and an Enduro in that garage that I'll probably get rid of at some time or another if I need the cash or space.

Just did a GTA Capture to fulfill one of my Daily Objectives (i'm at almost a month and two weeks on it).  The one with the busses.  It was fun with just two people, but I can imagine if the whole lobby is filled that it'd get fairly insane.  Beat the guy 3 to 1.  I think I have done one with the Lazers a while ago, but I don't remember fairing that well since I can't land those things worth a shit.  I'm surprised some of these don't get that more people jumping in, cause it's rather fun.

Don't get rid of the Sanchez. Best Off-Road vehicle in the game by far.

Captures are fun, but they're really dependant on even teams. If one team has a man advantage, they win easily. Also, doing them without locked weapons basically equates to a 0-0 draw because homing missiles and proximity mines.

Somewhere, about 250 pages ago, there's a bunch of posts from when we had a big crew do that capture.  It was a lot of fun, even though my team lost.

All I had to do was hit the bus Rippa was driving with an RPG and I couldn't. A BUS! An RPG! I hung my head in shame.

• Like 4

I must have gotten extremely fucking lucky the last three times I got Tennis for a daily objective.  Some of these people are cheap, fucking sore losing pieces of shit.  If they're not winning, they go and quit.

And Rockstar are so stupid for not allowing that to count.  I played two things of tennis.  Six sets on one.  The guy was on serve and stopped doing it.  Fault fault etc..  Then he did one serve.  Stopped doing anything again.  Fuck's sake.  Then he quit out.  I was actually ahead.  It counts as a win, apparently, cause it said I was 1 Win, 3 Losses as before that I didn't have a single win.  Still, doesn't count towards the objective.  So I go away, gather myself, cause I'm irritated at this point.  Try another match.  Guy has a winning record, so I'm like "Ok, maybe I'll actually get to go a full set."  And I thought sets were games of 7?  Cause I was up 4 games to 3 and it started another.  So I figure "ok, I guess I have to win by two sets."  I win this one, it's 5 to 3, starts ANOTHER game.  I get all the way to the end.  Match point.  Fucking dickhole leaves.  He quits out.  And it still doesn't count on my objectives.

On every other goddamn objective it counts.  If they quit out, as I've had them do on the Versus missions, it still counts there.  Tennis is the only objective where it doesn't.

Update:  I can't catch a fucking break.  I played one.  Intentionally trying to lose, but not too bad.  The guy is up 4 to 1, then leaves.  Fuck some of these people.

I admire your moxie in trying to do them despite the obstacles. If I get tennis as one of mine, I say "well, not today" and move on. If someone sends out a tennis invite, I'll take it, of course.

God, trying to get someone to do the impromptu race is insane. You could try joining some crazy capture to see if someone's fishing for a daily objective, then ask if they'll help you get the tennis one. It does take forever, though.

It's first to win six games, but you have to win by two. 6-4 is a winner. 6-5 is not. Either you're gonna go up 7-5, which is a winner, or tied 6-6, which leads to a tiebreaker.