DVDVR Message Board

Grand Theft Auto V Talk.

A lot of people are claiming that their personal vehicles have lost their insurance, so you guys should check yours.

The servers are back up?  I thought they were going to be down the entire 24hr period.

A lot of people are claiming that their personal vehicles have lost their insurance, so you guys should check yours.

The servers are back up?  I thought they were going to be down the entire 24hr period.

They were up this morning.  I got in around 9 AM central for a few minutes

I am just shy of $650K so the Entity XF fund is still intact.

The entity is a thing of beauty.  I just about the funds for one when the stimulus cash hit.  Going from nothing to an an almost fully mod-ed entity did wonders for my racing performance.

I'm probably going to sell most of my pink cars since 95% of the time I take either: the ATV, the dirt bike or the dune buggy. Especially now that I don't want to get hit with the four-figure insurance cost if I'm far away from home. Driving 4+ miles back to the garage on multiple blown-out tires sucks, so I would typically just bomb the car and call it a day.

I made $30K pretty quickly this morning, so the sudden financial crisis probably won't be as bad as originally expected. I got hooked up with a guy who only wanted to do missions, so that racked up funds easily along with the Survival I did. Plus, he'd just move on to deliver a package once he grabbed it, and I'd hang around and search every dead low-life for the $10+ they might have had in their pockets.

I appear to have been left with $550K. Which sounds entirely random, but whatever. All I've been spending money on is ammo and insurance payouts for blowing up peoples' cars. And it's fair to say I'm enough of a badass that I can just pile up a shit ton more whenever I want.

Got busted down to $550,000 like everyone else, when I had about $950,000, but how can I complain? I bought three cars for myself and fully modded them. If I get into a money scrape, one of them will sell for $250,000. I should've bought more of the Pegasus crap like the dump truck. I should've bought more cars and modded them, but who knew we'd get to keep the cars?

I'm very mixed on private sessions. The missions and survival missions are kinda old. I could probably go without racing again. A buddy of mine parachutes all the time and I can't stand it. I like selling cars to Los Santos Customs and Simeon and chasing crates in Freemode, and the other players make that, uh, interesting (to say the least). Plus it's fun when someone messes with me and I kick their teeth down their throat. Not so fun when they continue to dominate me, but I was never promised a rose garden.

The loss of money means I can't call mercenaries and muggers and set $9,000 bounties 15 times on everyone who messes with me. I'll still blow up their cars if I get a chance, for some things are priceless. 

My luck in public sessions is mixed.   I like chasing crates too, but I have seen only one Special Crate in my entire career and non-gifted guys like me have no chance at it when gifted low-rank guys can pull Buzzards out of their asses and fly halfway across the map before I get my Elegy out of the garage. 

Que sera..  I wouldn't give up a tactical advantage like that, so I wouldn't expect anyone else to do it either.

I have collected a few bounties in public matches and tend to give as much as I get if a gunfight breaks out, but I'd prefer my murderin' to be done in an organized deathmatch.  Matter of fact, the main reason I really haunt public servers is to get the odd random invite to a deathmatch so that I can make more progress in the Death Toll and Widowmaker medals without snuffing crew members..

I try to avoid calling mercs for backup or summoning helicopter backup because that cuts into the Entity XF fund.

I enjoy standard races and I don't particularly care for GTA races, but they can be fun when you are just bullshitting in-house with crew.  LS Forum in GTA Mode is becoming the preferred battleground. 

Sometimes the competitive spirit boils over, so I may re-introduce the semi-mandatory darts or golf match as post-session decompression.  Golf in GTA5 is oddly relaxing.

I think my balls finally dropped in the game

Grats to you on Rank 20 and your new sniper rifle!  Use it well!

I will be up at my girlfriend's place for the MLK weekend, so you shouldn't see me online before Monday night.... unless we piss each other off again and then you may see me on as early as 6AM tomorow morning...

I expect you and Mark to get some murdering in between now and then.

I will pop in and out over the holiday, but i will be in magazine mode most of the time.

I'm rewlizing that a day or so break from the game is a good thing.

----

For a second, i thought Phil meant scoring with a chick from the Vanilla Unicorn. :)

No - Cheetah still won't sleep around dammit!

And - yes finally got my sniper rifle

But I also finally had missions last night where I didn't feel like dead weight.

I mean I slaughtered 16 cops serving as the distraction in one mission (and didn't die)

Then I delivered the truck to Madrazo's successfully where I ended up being the only person alive - complete with the awesome (if I say so myself) move of getting the last of the guys chasing me to plow head first into a power grid.

I tried to hook Trevor up with Chastity but she doesn't sleep around either.  Thank God for crazy Ursula. 

I think that I have Nikki and Franklin hooked up and I set Michael on Sapphire after the whole thing with Amanda's tennis coach went down.

I seriously think that Peach is a pre-op tranny.  She's got a lot of bass in her voice.  Speaking of which, I lobbed a grenade into the parking lot of Cockatoos last night while trying to scare off some griefers last night before heading off to bed.  When the grenade went off, drag queens and guys dressed in skinny jeans and neckerchiefs flew everywhere. 

It was brutal, but I manged to cap the griefers and log two more kills towards the Widowmaker medal.

Last night, me and Cristobal met someone who's avatar looked like R-Truth. Every time he died, we whatted him. It was glorious.

FSW, I hope your crew is called Derek and the Dominoes, because that's what they'll be falling down like.