DVDVR Message Board

Raw 7-27-15

MGFanJay

Cena beats Rollins.

Orton beats Owens.

Big Show beats Ambrose.

BUT HEY WWE MAKES NEW STARS RIGHT?

I know this might seem like an over reaction, if this weren't the case over the past decade.

Rollins is the WWE Champion

Ambrose ended up walking away while Big Show lay in the dirt

Owens massacred Cena on his first night on Raw.

You muppet.

• Like 3

To those asking why do we still need to see Cena/Rollins at SummerSlam now that they just had the match on RAW and Cena won clean - We should want to see it because we know Cena can beat Rollins and this time it will be for the WWE Title.

• Like 1

Cena beats Rollins.

Orton beats Owens.

Big Show beats Ambrose.

I know this might seem like an over reaction, if this weren't the case over the past decade.

Your IWC Hive Mind memo must have been lost in the mail.

Really wish they could've called an audible on the finish to Cena/Rollins after Cena got fucked up. I don't mean have Rollins go over clean but whip up a finish that gives him an out- maybe a double KO or a DQ for RUDISSIMO EXCESSIVO after Rollins attacks the nose too many times.

I noticed that Cena cinched in the STF really hard, too.  Not a surprise.  Now we know how to get him to apply it correctly going forward, ha.

I always hate the facial knee strike.  The margin for error is too high and if it's off by a couple of inches, there's a broken eye socket.  This was just bad luck, but still.

Paige/Sasha was another top-shelf match, on par with what's been going on in NXT this year. The spots with Paige out-smarting Sasha were well done to the point I was actually a bit surprised Sasha got the clean win. Between the flash win, and Sasha doing most of the talking backstage, I'm glad they seem to be moving her to more of the leader role in her group. I hope Paige doesn't get lost in the shuffle because she's repeatedly shown that she can be great when she gets something to work with.

It would've fine for a tv match, but if that was at a Takeover it would've been a colossal let down. No where near Sasha's matches with Charlotte and Becky or the 4 way. Paige controlling the offense so much at the start gave away the finish, and did nothing for the match quality.

Paige has repeatedly shown she can be great? I must have missed all the other times besides two matches with Emma where she showed her greatness.

To those asking why do we still need to see Cena/Rollins at SummerSlam now that they just had the match on RAW and Cena won clean - We should want to see it because we know Cena can beat Rollins and this time it will be for the WWE Title.

The slight problem with that is no one wants to see Cena get his 100th world title reign. We already knew Cena could beat Rollins he's done it plenty of times before. It's unbelievable to me that they didn't plan on rebuilding Reigns, and have him win the belt at Summer Slam. Putting the belt back on Cena is the most desperate stale thing they could do. Well maybe besides give Taker his win back over Brock lol.

Paige/Sasha was another top-shelf match, on par with what's been going on in NXT this year. The spots with Paige out-smarting Sasha were well done to the point I was actually a bit surprised Sasha got the clean win. Between the flash win, and Sasha doing most of the talking backstage, I'm glad they seem to be moving her to more of the leader role in her group. I hope Paige doesn't get lost in the shuffle because she's repeatedly shown that she can be great when she gets something to work with.

It would've fine for a tv match, but if that was at a Takeover it would've been a colossal let down. No where near Sasha's matches with Charlotte and Becky or the 4 way. Paige controlling the offense so much at the start gave away the finish, and did nothing for the match quality.

Paige has repeatedly shown she can be great? I must have missed all the other times besides two matches with Emma where she showed her greatness.

I think she's had good matches with Nattie, Alicia, Naomi, and Nikki.

I noticed that Cena cinched in the STF really hard, too.  Not a surprise.  Now we know how to get him to apply it correctly going forward, ha.

I always hate the facial knee strike.  The margin for error is too high and if it's off by a couple of inches, there's a broken eye socket.  This was just bad luck, but still.

lol Ask Naomi 

Cena beats Rollins.

Orton beats Owens.

Big Show beats Ambrose.

I'm not sure what this is supposed to mean? Are you trying to spin a few people not jumping on the "Owens was buried!" train as the opinion of the whole board? It's not. But if you really don't want to read anything but "BURIED, JOBBER, CENA SUCKS!" then wrestlingforum.com awaits you.

I caught a bit of the last hour only of RAW. John Cena really is a miracle worker for getting a good match out of Seth Rollins who is a guy that usually doesn't make me care about any straight singles matches that he works.

The slight problem with that is no one wants to see Cena get his 100th world title reign. We already knew Cena could beat Rollins he's done it plenty of times before. It's unbelievable to me that they didn't plan on rebuilding Reigns, and have him win the belt at Summer Slam. Putting the belt back on Cena is the most desperate stale thing they could do. Well maybe besides give Taker his win back over Brock lol.

Not saying that I agree with the matchmaking, but that's the match they're going with and the story purpose of Cena winning the US Title match makes sense. Also, now that he's beaten Rollins clean, The Authority have no excuse not to grant him the match they denied him at the beginning of RAW. Had Rollins won the match, how would they get to the Cena/Rollins match at SummerSlam? And I don't see Cena actually winning the title at SummerSlam, so we don't have to worry about seeing Cena get his 100th World Title Reign quite yet

Cena beats Rollins.

Orton beats Owens.

Big Show beats Ambrose.

I'm not sure what this is supposed to mean? Are you trying to spin a few people not jumping on the "Owens was buried!" train as the opinion of the whole board? It's not. But if you really don't want to read anything but "BURIED, JOBBER, CENA SUCKS!" then wrestlingforum.com awaits you.

Was fine with Orton-Owens and Show-Ambrose.  Honestly didn't expect any other result for the main since it was the logical progression for the 'Slam title match.

Cena beats Rollins.

Orton beats Owens.

Big Show beats Ambrose.

Rollins is the chickenshit heel champion who cannot win a match on his own and talks too much. That's his character. Him winning a match clean against Cena is not what he would do. The guy is is the middle of a 4 month long WWE World Title Reign at the very top of the card. He is a star, whether you like or agree how his character is portrayed or not.

Orton beat Owens via DQ when Sheamus interfered attacking Orton. Owens was not pinned nor submitted to lose the match. And at the end of the segment, he was the one standing tall with all other bodies laying around him.

Big Show beat Ambrose via countout when Ambrose ran out of fighting spirit and BARELY couldn't answer a 10 count back in the ring after Big Show hit him with the punch, one of the most protected finishers in the company. And then he stood tall at the end of the segment after goading Show into trying to spear him, but moved and laid out Show.

• Like 1

WWE seems to be protecting Cena's eventual next title win, presumably to make it a BIG DEAL when he officially* ties Flair.

If the rating for that match proves to be positive, I would not be shocked if Cena wins at Summerslam.

Everything in this company is reactionary. Although, I could see them pull the Cena has to overcome the odds booking and have him defend the US title during the show as well.