DVDVR Message Board

Raw 6-22-15

MGFanJay

Raw was three hours of things with a handful of highlights. Anything involving Brock and Heyman NOT IN CLIP FORM. Kofi's clap to the ring. Goofiness of the Roman mouth and eye cutouts during the Bray stalking segment. Owens-Cena stuff. Closing stuff was a lot of fun overall, but went on forever.

http://jayreviewsthings.blogspot.com/2015/06/raw-6-22-15.html

Screens -

525e10417386745.jpg

2ee24c417386747.jpg

This fan is wrong
683a0e417386811.jpg

b39bf7417386823.jpg

684b11417386831.jpg

860d99417389878.jpg

http://http://www.imagebam.com/gallery/9f1iz4iofaw5nga71e26ovox6sldncnx

I realized how badly Raw needs Paul Heyman saying stuff.

Speaking of cliches that need to die, "heel acting threatening towards a face's family/friends" needs to not be a thing.  It's especially terrible when said family actually gets involved, though hopefully we won't see a "play tea set on a pole" match out of this.

RTruth is hilarious in this role.

Owens is one of the best heels in years.

Is it too early to call Lesnar-Rollins MOTY? I mean, I realize it actually hasn't happened yet, but the 60 second taste we got of Rollins pinballing around the ring like mid 90s Shawn Michaels for Lesnar's suplexes was enough to convince me.

• Like 1

Nice to see Seth botch the pedigree on Lesnar. I'm sure HHH loved that.

Brock giving Michael Cole a noogie was great. I'd enjoy Michael Cole as Brock's buddy that Brock always fucks with, but will defend as soon as someone else tries to mess with him.

• Like 1

For the most part I loved the final segment but I'm not trying to see Lesnar sell for Kane in 2015. 

That segment was basically the equivalent of Stone Cold Steve Austin getting taken out by Patterson, Brisco and Big Bossman.

One of the things I really like about Owens is that when he says he doesn't care about the fans, it's in a matter-of-fact way, not the Snidely Whiplash moustache-twirling over-the-top cheap heat way WWE generally has its heels talk about the fans...

• Like 1

I am disgusted that they found a way to make Lana unattractive.

by having her hang out with Dolph?

Anyway Summer Rae as the Jackie in this Mero/Sable 2 angle is weak.  Hopefully they try to the Russian sympathizer gimmick with her because it will be awesome in its awfulness

by the way, roman Reigns would make a terrible Terminator.   The movie would last about 10 seconds once the villains know that the best way to stop him is to have a creepy pedo look a like sing children songs.

I am disgusted that they found a way to make Lana unattractive.

by having her hang out with Dolph?

Anyway Summer Rae as the Jackie in this Mero/Sable 2 angle is weak.  Hopefully they try to the Russian sympathizer gimmick with her because it will be awesome in its awfulness

Getting rid of her bun was definitely an aesthetic mistake.

But yeah...I guess hanging out with Dolph also counts.

• Like 1

Did Jamie Noble get hurt for real? I thought I saw a stretcher go to where he was.

I'd say it's pretty likely after being thrown into the barricade by Brock Fucking Lesnar. It would make sense considering he didn't get back in the ring when Kane and Mercury did.

Kane pinning Dean Ambrose and beating up Brock Lesnar in one night was something that actually happened in real life tonight.

I guess I missed Ambrose losing. Glad I did cause I would have been upset. It honestly felt like I was watching an episode of Nitro at the end. Some good stuff (Owens/Cena) with mostly random filler.

At the end with The Authority back together I was begging for someone...anyone to come out and help Brock. I know Brock no need help, but if they wanted to create a new star just having somone...anyone's music hit and come out ot help Brock would have blown the roof off. Hell, have Ambrose do it. I could see Ambrose and Brock having a mutual respect for each other since they both like destruction.