DVDVR Message Board

WWE 2K16

I'm having a saving issue. I made alternative attires for Roman and Dean but they were no where to be found this morning. Also any attempt to edit what shows are in Universe mode locks up the game. Methinks some more patches are on the way.

Alternate attires take up a CAS slot but they messed up the community creations save screen so any slots with alts saved in them show up as vacant when you're downloading a created wrestler, so it may be that you overwrote the slot with something else because it didn't warn you

I lost a couple that way yesterday

This game is good but it needs some patches. Universe is buggy. The CAW/save thing is buggy. Random freezes. Still, the game play is a blast so here's hoping they get a few patches done and clean it up.

The real fun one is having to submit Austin with Bret, it's wayyyyy worse than trying to avoid one

I absolutely cannot do it. Like, literally impossible.

Fuck this submission system with a wooden spoon. It completely takes the fun out of the game. The fucking thing won't react the way I want it to. I've even watched tutorials on it and I just HATE IT.

EDIT: Oh, and last time I tried to get the hang of it, Zach Ryder got out of FOUR sharpshooters before I rage quit.

Finally got him today in the third sharpshooter after just beating him with a chair for half an hour. Might have lucked into it, I can't completely control the meter the way you would think you're supposed to.

I may never attempt another submission again in this game.

I picked this up at Redbox on Saturday and play it for a bit. I really liked what I played, although, I did have something weird happen.

I tried to do Tyson/Cesaro vs. Big E/Kofi with the managers being Nattie and Xavier.

The game would automatically choose Nattie and then switch it to John Cena, so I had to just leave the manager off there. I was successful and getting Xavier chosen for New Day.

I had a really fun back and forth tag match, but for some reason the game took over and switched the match to AI. The first time it did it, I was able do successfully take back control; however, it stuck the second time it happened. Really bizarre.

Read a few reviews like IGN and such but still kinda undecided. Is 2k16 worth getting and how does it compare to the old school AKI games?. I've noticed the submission system is getting tons of negative reactions so can you switch it back to the original one or are you stuck with it?. I also like getting old school/Puro wrestlers and having them part of the Universe mode, so can you still do that and don't really go for the DLC stuff since I think you've paid enough for the game already charging extra for other characters makes the game more expensive. Maybe just have extra characters and a new interface/moves etc available as updates each year at a more reasonable price would be a better way forward. Since essentially some of the older games just had a few tweaks but you were paying the same price for what was almost the same game each year. Kinda like the FIFA series. 

Read a few reviews like IGN and such but still kinda undecided. Is 2k16 worth getting and how does it compare to the old school AKI games?. I've noticed the submission system is getting tons of negative reactions so can you switch it back to the original one or are you stuck with it?. I also like getting old school/Puro wrestlers and having them part of the Universe mode, so can you still do that and don't really go for the DLC stuff since I think you've paid enough for the game already charging extra for other characters makes the game more expensive. Maybe just have extra characters and a new interface/moves etc available as updates each year at a more reasonable price would be a better way forward. Since essentially some of the older games just had a few tweaks but you were paying the same price for what was almost the same game each year. Kinda like the FIFA series. 

It is completely different than the AKI games.  The only real thing they have in common is they're both wrestling games.  I haven't tried to switch the submission system, but I don't think you can change it.  You can download puro guys from the community creations page for free, but be aware that if someone creates someone using some DLC content you can't download them.  They aren't ever going to do anything that cost you less, unless the entire game industry changes and making money becomes less appealing. 

I wouldn't be shocked if titles like WWE and NHL go to a release system like that in the near future. NHL's head already strongly hinted at it. It would cut production costs and they'd probably sell the update at a relatively high price.

It is completely different than the AKI games.  The only real thing they have in common is they're both wrestling games.  I haven't tried to switch the submission system, but I don't think you can change it.  You can download puro guys from the community creations page for free, but be aware that if someone creates someone using some DLC content you can't download them.  They aren't ever going to do anything that cost you less, unless the entire game industry changes and making money becomes less appealing.

The AKI wrestling games have been long time faves of mine because the gameplay was easy to pick up, but immersive too. Shame AKI, now SynSophia, don't pick up a Puro license like for New Japan or make a KOC style game for the next gen consoles so you've got all the Japanese promotions top wrestlers on there. I like the concept of community creations and on one of the WWE games think it was WWE'13 had downloaded a NJPW, NOAH et al ring and mostly had matches with those guys and old school NWA/JCP/WWF/WCW too.

For the last point, unfortunately you're right. For season pass it's another $24.99 with the digital edition of the game for PS4/XBone being $89.99. But making max profits is their goal at the end of the day. Just my 2 cents that they don't really need to charge an extra $25 for DLC, they could retail it for half or even a quarter of the price, since you've already paid $60 (or a bit less) for 2k16. I think the whole DLC concept isn't really value for money, unless you're getting tons of good stuff but I've never bothered with it for the other WWE games and apart from having less characters/costumes etc it hasn't really detracted from the enjoyment of the game(s).