DVDVR Message Board

WWE 2K16

This game is very fun when played with friends yet still incredibly glitch. So much wonky physics at work in multiman matches and/or any gimmick match types. Had a triangle table match and Mark Henry (so much fun to play with!) reversed some fool by tossing him through the table clean. But the third man in the match who was just laying on the ground was awarded the victory.

I really don't understand the season pass issue. I bought the $90 digital version for the PS4. The game and about 3 other files all downloaded and installed. I didn't fuck around going to PSN from inside the game. I just went to PSN and the shit worked.

I downloaded the Playstation app and got it that way.  I'll download it when I get home and imagine it'll work.  But when you're used to accessing it a certain way it is a pain to have to go around that.  First world problems, I guess.

Actually, now that I think about it, that's what I used to buy the game. It actually worked really well for me as far as purchasing it went. When I checked my PS4 at lunch though, the thing was still in sleep mode, even though the app said things were downloading. It wasn't until I turned my PS4 on that those items began to download.

Maybe I was just lucky?

PS4 has been rather kind to me since getting it mid last year.  I'd say all in all I have no complaints aside from this.  That said, not sure what's up with it as I'd figure if it happened in the game 2K might have a hand in this as well.  But hey, if it ends up working then whatever.

Moving on, holy crap there's some quality CAS's on caws.ws.  Found a spot-on Sasha and Nakamura that I can't wait to try out.  The arenas are on point as well.  Time to get these and try it out.

• Like 2

PS4 has been rather kind to me since getting it mid last year.  I'd say all in all I have no complaints aside from this.  That said, not sure what's up with it as I'd figure if it happened in the game 2K might have a hand in this as well.  But hey, if it ends up working then whatever.

Moving on, holy crap there's some quality CAS's on caws.ws.  Found a spot-on Sasha and Nakamura that I can't wait to try out.  The arenas are on point as well.  Time to get these and try it out.

The CAW makers never cease to amaze me. There's a Del Rio on there that I guarantee is as good as 2K would make.

Yeah, the one with the "crow" tag is legit. Just needs ratings and it's 100% perfect.

Thanks for the tip, Troma.

There are a handful of Lucha Undergrounds CAWs by Stash_420yo that are unbelievably spot on. There was a pretty damn good Penatgon Jr. near the top of the highest rated ranks but his smokes that one plus he has Drago, Fenix, Mil Muertes, Cuerno, Havoc, and KILLSHOT.

• Like 2

DFA, I know you were asking about the PC port earlier. Some German stores are listing it for release either later this month or next. Who knows when it actually comes out, as those are almost assuredly placeholder dates but at least it looks likely to be a thing.

So that whole thing about not being able to activate season pass?  Yeah, chalk that up to not looking at the unlockables screen.  So all good on that front.

Tanahashi CAS's do indeed suck.  The tights were on point but the hair and face are godawful.  Pleased with the Nakamura I got though.  And there's some mighty good Sashas on there.  And don't sleep on the arenas either, found some spot-on ones.  There's a Lucha Underground one that will be released soon and looking at pictures it's damn near perfect.  Will keep an eye out for that one.  I love caws.ws so fucking much.

And the submission system can fuck right off.  I was Meng and worked over the head/neck trying to sub Sting with the Tongan Death Grip.  The blue bar takes up half the circle and should be easy to do, yet I just can't get it to line up.  I tried and tried and said fuck it and kicked him instead.  Whoever came up with this is bad and should feel bad.

That was one of the first things I changed.  There's actually two Pentagon, Jr ones that look amazing.  Having a hard time deciding which one I like more.

And Killshot can be good to have as a jobber in LU.  I'm thinking about Muertes destroying him in a brutal way and it makes me smile.

That Pentagon looks so good but judging from the signatures and finishers the guy has never seen Pentagon wrestle in his life

Yeah, I ran a Pentagon/Fenix match and movesets do seem to be an issue. Plus, everybody seems to be rated 90 or 91. Still, the appearances are a great starting point.

DFA, I know you were asking about the PC port earlier. Some German stores are listing it for release either later this month or next. Who knows when it actually comes out, as those are almost assuredly placeholder dates but at least it looks likely to be a thing.

Looking back it seems 15 was released several months after the console release so maybe this is just "normal for them".

It's super rewarding when you can kick out with that li'l pubic hair of a sliver, and it's generally only around after getting hit with a finisher. That's why I like the current system. Only adjustment I'd make is when you're down to the last bar of health later on in matches, you aren't able to kick out before a 1 count and it should be really difficult to kick out before a two count.

Just finished the Showcase mode. Overall I liked it since Austin really is one of my all-time favorites, but I couldn't help but feel that the last bit of stretch felt rushed. They certainly could've done more with the 2001 stuff (especially the Power Trip stuff). I think the fact they did not secure Angle or Hardyz to some kind of contract botched that part of the Showcase. Also hate the fact that both 2001/2002 The Rock have the same entrance as Corporate Rock. Little fuck ups like that annoy me.