DVDVR Message Board

WWE 2K16

It really does seem like the game hasn't kept up with the technology.  It isn't the biggest deal, but it is noticable to someone like me who plays a lot of videogames.  It just seems like they should be able to keep up with other sports games.  Football and basketball games have less animations, but they also have more players to animate.  When you play a game as big as Metal Gear Solid V, then play a game with a tiny prerendered arena it makes you wonder how the smaller, less complex game looks so much worse. 

Kind of hard to compare year to year sports games to MGS which has been worked on for years. Of course those games are going to be better because they have had a long period to be cultivated. This is why the best games every year are games like Last Of Us instead of (insert Madden year). They have a much smaller window to complete a game. Honestly I'm shocked they are as good as they are. 

If super underdog and former ECW Heavyweight Champion Mikey Whipwreck becomes a playable character, I'll have a stroke!!!
Check it....

Over on the WWE 2K forums a user has compiled a list of matches that will be featured when the game drops next month. More matches are expected – and you’ll notice some have featured in previous games.

vs. Pillman – Clash Of The Champions XXV

vs. Steamboat – Bash At The Beach ’94
vs. Whipwreck – November To Remember ’95
vs. Vega – WrestleMania XII or In Your House: Beware Of Dog
vs. Roberts – King Of The Ring ’96
vs. Hart – Survivor Series ’96 (Bret’s attire)
vs. Vader vs. Hart vs. Undertaker – In Your House: Final Four (likely reason for Vader’s inclusion, could be for RR ’97 though)
vs. Hart – WrestleMania 13 (likely reason for Shamrock’s inclusion)
vs. Rock – D-Generation X: In Your House (likely reason for NOD’s inclusion)
vs. Michaels – WrestleMania XIV (reason for HHH’s retro DX attire in “Oh Hell Yeah” trailer)
vs. Undertaker – Rock Bottom ’98
vs. McMahon – St. Valentine’s Day Massacre ’99
vs. Rock – Backlash ’99
vs. Undertaker – Fully Loaded ’99 (X-Pac’s attire in IGN screen)
Royal Rumble 2001
vs. Triple H – No Way Out 2001
vs. Rock – WrestleMania X-SEVEN

Final Four is an odd inclusion, considering Austin's the first one out (and fucked his knee to boot, IIRC). 

If anything, with the new interference gimmicks, I'd think they would've included the next night's Sid vs. Bret title match, where Austin chairshotted Bret and cost him the title, leading into WM13.

I'm going to guess we're getting WM12 for Vega instead of IYH - the game has no strap match (probably - why would it?) and even though the finish was terrible you can blow it over in the match redo.  I *could* see them replacing the strap match with a Last Man Standing instead, though.  Is DiBiase in the game, since he was managing Austin at the time? 

All that said, this mode sounds awesome and they certainly picked the right guy to do it with.

While that makes sense to have guys like Vega and NOD in there, how would that explain them bringing over Adnan and other relatively useless characters from last year?  Sour grapes, but just cut loose on four of those characters and they could have had the room for the 4 Horsewomen.

Sorry, can't help but be a little bitter about that still.

While that makes sense to have guys like Vega and NOD in there, how would that explain them bringing over Adnan and other relatively useless characters from last year?  Sour grapes, but just cut loose on four of those characters and they could have had the room for the 4 Horsewomen.

I'm with you on the sour grapes. This feels like shitty planning from a game company or a very out of touch wrestling company.

#blamekevindunn

If super underdog and former ECW Heavyweight Champion Mikey Whipwreck becomes a playable character, I'll have a stroke!!!

Check it....

Over on the WWE 2K forums a user has compiled a list of matches that will be featured when the game drops next month. More matches are expected – and you’ll notice some have featured in previous games.

vs. Pillman – Clash Of The Champions XXV

vs. Steamboat – Bash At The Beach ’94

vs. Whipwreck – November To Remember ’95

vs. Vega – WrestleMania XII or In Your House: Beware Of Dog

vs. Roberts – King Of The Ring ’96

vs. Hart – Survivor Series ’96 (Bret’s attire)

vs. Vader vs. Hart vs. Undertaker – In Your House: Final Four (likely reason for Vader’s inclusion, could be for RR ’97 though)

vs. Hart – WrestleMania 13 (likely reason for Shamrock’s inclusion)

vs. Rock – D-Generation X: In Your House (likely reason for NOD’s inclusion)

vs. Michaels – WrestleMania XIV (reason for HHH’s retro DX attire in “Oh Hell Yeah” trailer)

vs. Undertaker – Rock Bottom ’98

vs. McMahon – St. Valentine’s Day Massacre ’99

vs. Rock – Backlash ’99

vs. Undertaker – Fully Loaded ’99 (X-Pac’s attire in IGN screen)

Royal Rumble 2001

vs. Triple H – No Way Out 2001

vs. Rock – WrestleMania X-SEVEN

They already showed Mikey.  Stroke away sir. 

Godspeed

• Like 2

There *is* quite a difference between reusing old content (no way they bothered with any graphical upgrades) and creating new content. 

Not that it excuses not having the NXT girls in the game, but it's still relevant.

Final Four is an odd inclusion, considering Austin's the first one out (and fucked his knee to boot, IIRC). 

If anything, with the new interference gimmicks, I'd think they would've included the next night's Sid vs. Bret title match, where Austin chairshotted Bret and cost him the title, leading into WM13.

I thought they would include that match since it was basically the final straw in setting up Bret/Austin at Mania (and Sid/Taker). Who knows...last year they made Sid a NPC ref, got a lot of complaints from fans, and completely left him out this year when he would have fit in. Whatdya gonna do...

Keeping Adnan in didn't effect the 4HW at all, they just ported his model over. It didn't take time and effort away from other characters. You can tell by the trailer that most of the legends from 2K15 are just copied, like DDP and Bigelow. I think it was a WWE thing, not a 2K thing. They wouldn't have issued a message that direct, where they basically said they really wanted them in the game but weren't allowed.

I'd like to imagine that while we're all ripping on Gen. Adnan being in the game, in some nursing home in St. Paul, MN a nurse just walked up to Adnan Al-Kaissie and is all "Great news, you're royalty check from 2K Sports just arrived.  You get to stay here another year." 

And Adnan is all "Oh, thank the heavens.  I do not want to die homeless on the streets."

• Like 2