DVDVR Message Board

A thread for PS+/PSN Deals

Tabe

PS Golden Week (Japanese holiday) flash sale until 5/4 with discounts on Japanese-themed games.

This is basically Andrew POE!'s Favorite Games Sale. The weirdo basement dwelling games that you don't want to admit to liking in public.

Oh and Metal Gear Rising is $8 and Suikoden II is $4. The problem is you'll be giving Konami money.

So, what you're saying is that you're buying Criminal Girls, then?

I already have a physical copy of Criminal Girls.

I am super tempted by the ME Trilogy, but I already have all 3 for PC and only finished the first one. That said, I'm far more likely to actually finish it on PS3, but my compulsive stupidity prevents me from doing it at all without playing ME1 again first.

Other well-worth-your-time items on that list include Trials Fusion, Red Faction Guerilla (in the unlikely event anyone on Earth doesn't already have a copy), Okami HD, Burnout Paradise (see Red Fac comments), and Mortal Kombat IX for Vita.

Got MK, TWD Season One, and SFA3 MAX for Vita, TWAU Season One (I'm assuming they are doing a second season of this and in fact, they'd damn well better) and Super Mega Baseball for PS4.

I wish I had a PS3 with about two gigs in it every time one of these flash sales comes up, though. 

Bought the baseball game for my ps4. Thought about the ME trilogy, then realized I've owned two of the games for years and haven't played them, so why add a third?

Bought the baseball game for my ps4. Thought about the ME trilogy, then realized I've owned two of the games for years and haven't played them, so why add a third?

Is the base ballgame any good?
Great reviews, FWIW. Haven't yet played it.

Yeah.... I just went to the Playstation Store on PC to double-check, and it says "Unavailable to Buy, Click Here for Details" and when I clicked here it says, "You already own Don't Starve: Console Edition". Which I don't think I do, unless it was a free PS+ awhile back or something. So anyway, it appears to just be unavailable to me. Fuckers.

Ah. Then I probably do have it.

However, I would still like to buy that bundle so that 1. I can play the game even if I let my PS+ expire and 2. I can have the expansion.

Doesn't seem to be an option.

Don't Starve: Reign of Giants is a pretty darn good bit of DLC. Adds new biomes, lots of new creatures, items, game mechanics (damned wetness!), and seasons complete with bosses who happen to be giants. I've played that game for around 100 hours and still haven't ventured underground yet. 

Gave Super Mega Baseball a try last night. Fun game and I won my game on a 3-run homer in my last AB. It's definitely arcadey but felt solid. Only issue I had was a weird refusal of the game to actually swing the bat at times. I'd hit the button and nothing would happen. Since I had an issue with TLOU as well, I'm wondering if I have a problem with your controller.

Super Mega Baseball is a good time. It reminds me of Bases Loaded and Backyard Baseball if they had an unholy baby together. I wish some of the upgrade stuff for your team was fleshed out a bit more, though. 

The gameplay is easy to pick up, and I found myself changing the level of difficulty with each few games (you can do so while still in season). I love The Show, but this is a nice change-of-pace and allows me to actually finish a game in fifteen or twenty minutes if I want to play, but don't have much time. 

I haven't had any control problems at all. I do note that to power swing, you have to actually hold the button down and allow the power meter to fill before letting go, which triggers the swing. Same thing with power pitching versus control pitching. You can only contact swing simply by hitting the button, and that is assigned to a different button entirely. Might be a thing that you obviously already knew, but I figured that it wouldn't hurt to point it out. 

I ended up getting Tiny Brains, Soul Sacrifice Delta, Pure Pool, Pure Chess, Krinkle Krusher, Escape Goat 2, Ace Combat Assault Horizon, NFS The Run, and Zombie Driver HD. I had issues with checking out all weekend.

EDIT: I got Super Mega Baseball as well. Yorbie is not even recommended to get.

I got out of the flash sale with only Don't Starve, Escape Goat, and Peggle 2.  I also picked up Helldivers because it looked ridiculous and, surprise, it is!

If anybody wants to Helldive I am BurrOul on the PSN.