DVDVR Message Board

2015 WOMEN'S WORLD CUP

RIPPA

That worst part about this is the German announcer trying to establish some sort of narrative which portrays the English manager as some sort of tactical genius. Kudos to the English players who came back after looking dead for about 2/3 of the game, but if this is a win of tactical superiority for the England manager, I should be coach in BPL somewhere. Because England´s "tactics" seemed to include defensive errors in quantity, relying on a good day for an otherwise shaky gk aswell as bad effiency on the opponents´ part and giving away a goal for free due to a substitution during a corner for the Norweginas.

That second goal was a fine strike and since you have to apply a different set of standards for a - regularly - shorter female gk it was probably pretty hard to safe. The game itself was fun and a good example for what makes football an interesting sport more because of instead of despite the low amount of goals.
Norway´s players will loose quite some sleep over both goals, since they defended quite badly and sat in firm control up until they scored, oddly enough. Canada vs England should be interesting,

The schedule is so confusing to me. Japan plays Netherlands 4 a.m. CET or something, with all the other game already played. Is this still thanks to Canadian timezones or more a TV broadcasting thing? (Which would mean Japan will be watching the game noonish-early afternoonish, if I´´m correct)

USA looked a little worrying after a good 12 to 15 minutes, but the very early sent-off in the second half followed by a quick goal basically decided the game. Columbia never gave up, but they were very rarely picking up the pace and thereby didn´t cause many problems.

In year's past - Shannon Boxx would be a no brainer

But she is OLD

I mean people are talking about how Abby Wombach is old and getting her through 90 minutes is a struggle. She is only 35. Boxx is 38.

It pretty much has to be Morgan Brian and Christen Press. It's more a question of what alignment they use.

Is this legit or shopped? Nobody can be THAT grammar-ignorant!

So Japan advances and makes the European qualifier for the last Summer Olympics spot reality by eliminating the Dutch. Second Japanese goal was a fantastic strike. The Dutch goal was a an awful howler om behalf of the Japanese gk. Maybe Japan are the real deal, they just seem to beat everyone, playing teams that were considered weaker, but always seem quite in control. It will be very interesting, quarters being played on from Friday on with Germany and France opening the final 8. Australia vs Japan is going to be interesting.