DVDVR Message Board

NFL Draft Thread 2015

JRGoldman

The Office of the Commissioner announces that Shane Ray has been suspended for the 2015 NFL Season for violating the League's Drug Policy.

• Like 1

I feel a lot better than Veeg does about the pick.  The linebacking core of Thomas Davis, Luke Kuechly, and Shaq Thompson is going to be insane.  Also Shaq can play SS which is another position of need.  He has really good cover skills and potentially fills two needs with one pick.

• Like 1

I'm not necessarily against him as a player, but if the pick could have been made in the 2nd round then make that pick in the 2nd round. Also, I can't say I have a suggestion of who to pick, per se, but LB is far from the first thing we need. How about O-line? WR? CB?

Just not feeling that pick at all.

The Ravens pick has one of those create-a-wrestler weird haircuts where he has massive dreadlocks going on yet he's going bald.

When you're a WR, they call that "the Julio."

• Like 1

I like Gruden more than some of you evidently do but, man, if I took a shot every time he bitched about a secondary guy being a poor tackler in run support... I get that it's a legit critique but I dunno, shouldn't being able to, you know, COVER your guy be the important thing?

*tries to gather self*

*breathes deeply*

Look.  Phillip Dorsett seems like a good player.  I'm not questioning the guy's talent.  He makes an already potent receiving corps that much more dangerous. But the Colts already have TY Hilton, Andre Johnson, and Donte Moncrief.  Not to mention Coby Fleener and Dwayne Allen at TE. 

I'm all for giving Andrew Luck as many weapons as possible.  But I'd like for Ryan Grigson to give us fans something else.

A MOTHER. FUCKING. DEFENSE.  YOU KNOW, WHAT THE TEAM ACTUALLY NEEDS INSTEAD OF A FOURTH WR.

Grigson does realize that his D is older than the NFL itself, right?  Seriously, dudes are signing up for AARP cards and discount coupon books from their neighborhood grocery store.  THEY ARE SO OLD.  And brittle!  Robert Mathis will be returning from injury. LaRon Landry is thankfully gone, but he needs to be replaced. It's high time to address the other side of the ball, so the team doesn't get mollywhopped by the Evil Patriot Empire every year.

Grigson is a putz.  Build-a-Bear looking busta.  Irsay's probably hip-deep in pills and hookers, so he's no help. I lived through this nightmare during the Bill Polian days, but he at least had enough foresight to draft Mathis, Dwight Freeney, and Brittle Bob Sanders.  Grigson is fucking obtuse.  Fuck a defense, apparently.  Fuck, indeed.

So Luck is just expected to drop 100 points every Sunday?  Really?   Yeah, like that worked in the Peyton Manning era, save for 2006.  Having a top-tier QB doesn't mean jack if the defense can't DEFEND the other team's offense during the playoffs.  The Colts will probably get torched by Blake Bortles or some other chump.  Marcus Mariota will probably wax them for 35.  Yeesh.

*rubs temples*

I'm going to go punch a few pillows right now as therapy.

Fire Ryan Grigson.  Or so help me, if I ever get a hold of the Tumbler--Lucas Oil Stadium will feel my wrath.

• Like 3

*tries to gather self*

*breathes deeply*

Look.  Phillip Dorsett seems like a good player.  I'm not questioning the guy's talent.  He makes an already potent receiving corps that much more dangerous. But the Colts already have TY Hilton, Andre Johnson, and Donte Moncrief.  Not to mention Coby Fleener and Dwayne Allen at TE. 

I'm all for giving Andrew Luck as many weapons as possible.  But I'd like for Ryan Grigson to give us fans something else.

A MOTHER. FUCKING. DEFENSE.  YOU KNOW, WHAT THE TEAM ACTUALLY NEEDS INSTEAD OF A FOURTH WR.

Grigson does realize that his D is older than the NFL itself, right?  Seriously, dudes are signing up for AARP cards and discount coupon books from their neighborhood grocery store.  THEY ARE SO OLD.  And brittle!  Robert Mathis will be returning from injury. LaRon Landry is thankfully gone, but he needs to be replaced. It's high time to address the other side of the ball, so the team doesn't get mollywhopped by the Evil Patriot Empire every year.

Grigson is a putz.  Build-a-Bear looking busta.  Irsay's probably hip-deep in pills and hookers, so he's no help. I lived through this nightmare during the Bill Polian days, but he at least had enough foresight to draft Mathis, Dwight Freeney, and Brittle Bob Sanders.  Grigson is fucking obtuse.  Fuck a defense, apparently.  Fuck, indeed.

So Luck is just expected to drop 100 points every Sunday?  Really?   Yeah, like that worked in the Peyton Manning era, save for 2006.  Having a top-tier QB doesn't mean jack if the defense can't DEFEND the other team's offense during the playoffs.  The Colts will probably get torched by Blake Bortles or some other chump.  Marcus Mariota will probably wax them for 35.  Yeesh.

*rubs temples*

I'm going to go punch a few pillows right now as therapy.

Fire Ryan Grigson.  Or so help me, if I ever get a hold of the Tumbler--Lucas Oil Stadium will feel my wrath.

Welp. Unlike the last time we picked a Gator DE high, I'm not falling into that trap this time. Didn't want Fowler or Ray and got stuck with Fowler when Vic Beasley and Amari Cooper were still on the board. Honestly, even Gregory at 3 would've been a better pick than Fowler AND WE COULD'VE GOTTEN HIM IN THE SECOND!

Le FUCKING sigh...