DVDVR Message Board

DC MOVIE THREAD

RIPPA

I think my favourite thing about the Suicide Squad trailer is how unapologetically comic booky it is. Most comics projects (including the MU) have tried so hard to ground themselves and sort of felt ashamed of the comic booky elements. Here you have a crocodile man, witch possession, fire hands, magic swords, murder clowns, and other weirdness all just fucking there. And you know they aren't going to have time to explain everyone. The amount of craziness taken at face value here is super refreshing.

• Like 3

After seeing both trailers, I'm assuming that Slipknot and Diablo are gonna be the ones who are killed off.

Slipknot is pretty much guaranteed, since even in the comic he was there just to get his charge blown (though in those days, it cost you an arm instead of a head).

I still think she looks and acts more like Sheri Moon in House of 1,000 Corpses than anything which is supposed to be even remotely connected to the traditional Harley character.

Hey, if this ends up being half as good as The Devil's Rejects, I'll be a happy man.

I still think she looks and acts more like Sheri Moon in House of 1,000 Corpses than anything which is supposed to be even remotely connected to the traditional Harley character.

Her looks are based on the New52 version of Harley which is pretty shitty outside of her own comics. She's too self-aware for my tastes. not really what I want in Harley.

There's been several versions of Harley.

Yes, but those other versions generally suck.

• Like 1

Last I saw her comic was doing really well and people like it.  I haven't read much of it myself. 

This goes for both Marvel and DC movies. They are pulling from all different source materials. Tony Stark in the comics hadn't traditionally been much like Downey Jr. but now the comics mirror the movie version and it worked out well.  Anything Downey touches in the MCU turns into huge box office success.

Last I saw her comic was doing really well and people like it.  I haven't read much of it myself. 

Her current comic is closer to the traditional character personality wise.