DVDVR Message Board

DC MOVIE THREAD

RIPPA

Here's the new Batman theme, they actually played it when the actors came out on stage back at Comic Con.

And here's a leaked track called Is She With You? https://vid.me/mmyb

Thank you.

Eh, I still think Molussus is the best Batman theme:

For me it's either Molussus or...

Yeah these are awesome.

Agreed though outta likes.

I'm watching that trailer, and I liked the beginning, and then I think, "man, is this entire fucking movie at night? I hope the brightness is turned up on projectors." And then that ending came.

Fuuuuuuuuuuck yeah.

Unless you are getting paid by one or the other I've always felt the whole Marvel vs. DC thing is strange. If you prefer one property over the other, cool.. but some over do it, lord do they over do it.

For a while, there was a distinct difference between the two products, just like choosing between vince and crockett.

Now, i'd say both companies are about the same: IP farms driven by gimmicks to boost sales and never ending event syndrome.

Unless you are getting paid by one or the other I've always felt the whole Marvel vs. DC thing is strange. If you prefer one property over the other, cool.. but some over do it, lord do they over do it.

It's hardly that clear now. A lot of people who prefer the Marvel movies also like DC TV a lot. It's more about the specific content and house style than tribalism. 

• Like 1

The Dark Knight trilogy to me is still the best so I would say DC is every bit as good at making movies.

It's hard to say what DC is right now because we've only seen trailers of everything post-Man of Steel but I feel there are some clear positives and negatives.

I think on the positive side they are trying to do something different.  We're being dropped into the middle of an ongoing universe and the movies will take place in the past, present and future. They can afford to do that, they own all of their properties and Batman, for example, definitely does not need an origin. 

What I don't like is that they are seemingly adding in some comedy where it doesn't fit. Suicide Squad is going to have comedic elements when you have Joker and you have Harley.  I don't think Batman v Superman needed it and they only added in some of that stuff to please the people who said their universe looks too serious. 

Marvel on the other hand has a ton of positives, everything related to Captain America and Guardians of the Galaxy has been awesome and in different ways but everything else has been cash grab filler crap and they spend no time at all on having convincing villains in these Avengers flicks.  Plus, comedy isn't always good. Some of these one liners are cringe.

But all in all I'm still excited for both.  I'm more excited for DC because I don't know what to expect..