DVDVR Message Board

NHL 2015 - THE REST OF THE SEASON...

RIPPA

The 2nd best part about tonight was the dude from Boston at the bar slowly falling into despair as the Panthers games got later and later. The Bruins and Penguins battling to see who does the biggest bed shitting has been so fun to watch. Go Sens go.

The west is so awful this year the third most likeable playoff team is Minnesota. God help us all. I get a lot of people can find love in their heart for the Flames but obviously I cannot do that.

The first two most likeable are... Chicago and Nashville?

Hard to complain about a Calgary/Vancouver first round match-up in my books.

Oh yeah, also... THE CALGARY FLAMES ARE IN THE FUCKING PLAYOFFS!!!

Knocking off LA and Darryl Sutter is some poetic justice, after the way he scuttled the team before his unceremonious removal as GM. (Though I must admit I do have some begrudging respect for him left over from 03/04. But still, this feels gooooood.)

No matter what happens in the next week or two I think Maurice did a great job with the team. If SOMEHOW SOMEWAY Pavelec continues the miracle run and the Jets can smarten up when it comes to dumb penalties - they certainly have the ability to win a round or two.

Already waiting for the certain articles about NHL playoff ratings being down across the board in the U.S. thanks to 4 (possibly 5) Canadian teams making it in & Bruins/Kings/maybe Penguins missing out.

Apparently Jets fans are crowd surfing and singing O Canada. No jynx. :)

Nineteen years. Whatever happens, this is great. It's fantastic having an NHL team back, but its better to have a team that matters. Just don't get swept, that's all I want.

They should bring back Khabibulin to drop the puck at the first home game, he's pretty much the reason they made the playoffs last time.

• Like 1

So, I guess we can expect Backes to get 4 games for crosschecking Stuart in the neck twice at the end of the Jets/Blues game?

The "Department of Player Safety" reviewed the video, and decided that crosschecking a dude in the back of the neck is okay if the puck is near him. I guess the added rubber in the area takes away from the danger to someone's neck.
I gotta be honest, I don't see that as suspension worthy. 2 minutes or 4 minutes, nothing more.
Don't worry about it, it's what they do: Whine about how the Blues are pure evil while having a complete inability to realize there team isn't exactly clean.

Oh, the Jets are definitely not a clean team, they have a well deserved rep for shenanigans. I think 4 games was a bit harsh, but I fully believe that Buff should have been suspended. Doesn't change the fact that the Backes crosscheck was exactly the same, save for the fact that the puck was somewhere in the vicinity.

Same general idea but the one by Backes wasn't even remotely the same severity.

Head from a friend who lives in Buffalo that the entire city went nuts after the Jackets clinched it with the empty netter. You could literally hear the entire city celebrate.

In before Eichel announces he intends to stay in college for a full 4 seasons.

Turn down being an instant millionaire to play 3 more years for free and risk suffering a career ending injury and be left with nothing. Makes all the sense in the world to me.

Tampa still has something to play for: a win over Boston and a Montreal loss to Toronto (lol) and TBL wins the division. Buffalo will likely have this guy in net for the Penguins game:

c7efbcc07002973ff405b0d335917720.jpg

Heads up for those that care: SportsNet has the Senators game on for the entire country and it starts in 10 minutes.

We also could still get that STL/WIN series but the Blues have to beat Minny and Anaheim has to lose in Arizona (lol). Lots of other seeding possibilities on the line today.

I screwed up (IT'S STILL EARLY HERE) - it's Anaheim that matters now, not Nashville. Also, I can't believe that a win for Calgary and a regulation loss for Vancouver means they'll have home ice for the series.

Also, Tyler Seguin is the worst and has the mind of a 14-year-old boy from everything we know about him.