DVDVR Message Board

NHL 2015 - THE REST OF THE SEASON...

RIPPA

In fairness to the Penguins they've had to go to the waiver wire a couple times this year due to lack of healthy bodies. Also, related to the injury bug, this was their D last night:

Martin-Lovejoy
Scuderi-Cole
Pouliot-Chorney

So yeah, that's a thing.

You and your fancy team stats!!!!!!

Was surprised to see Minnesota win in Chicago last night. The Wild finish at Nashville and St. Louis, so it is possible they don't score any points. Jets would need to win both remaining games though.

Either way, I just want them in the playoffs. Not that I would be able to afford tickets, but just the atmosphere of this city would be off the charts. Shit, I was in a bowling alley last night, and everyone stopped bowling to watch the last five minutes of the game.

• Like 1

In fairness to the Penguins they've had to go to the waiver wire a couple times this year due to lack of healthy bodies. Also, related to the injury bug, this was their D last night:

Martin-Lovejoy

Scuderi-Cole

Pouliot-Chorney

So yeah, that's a thing.

giphy.gif

Ew.

• Like 1

There's been a Henrik Zetterberg sighting! Hank finally decided to play well again and his 2 pts (including 2nd goal in last 28 games) helped Detroit to a win over Carolina. Which would have guaranteed a playoff berth if Pittsburgh hadn't gagged away a 3-0 lead over Ottawa...

Jets would have to pass Minny for the first wild card.

Oh shit, that's right. I forgot that it's set up for the Pacific team to finish 3rd, even if they're lower in points than Minny. Nvm my previous post. Although I still want the Kings to win, so the Jets have a chance to knock out the Flames on the last day

You and your fancy team stats!!!!!!

Was surprised to see Minnesota win in Chicago last night. The Wild finish at Nashville and St. Louis, so it is possible they don't score any points. Jets would need to win both remaining games though.

Either way, I just want them in the playoffs. Not that I would be able to afford tickets, but just the atmosphere of this city would be off the charts. Shit, I was in a bowling alley last night, and everyone stopped bowling to watch the last five minutes of the game.

THE JETS BROKE THE BOARD!!! But seriously I'm so glad it looks like you guys are going to be in the playoffs, you and your city deserve it.

Martin-Lovejoy

Scuderi-Cole

Pouliot-Chorney

So yeah, that's a thing.

giphy.gif

Ew.

Equally pertinent.

ohmygod.gif

Everyone is doing favors for Ottawa apparently

JJ Regan ‏@TheDC_Sportsguy  15m15 minutes ago

Rick Nash, Mats Zuccarello, and Marc Staal get the night off. That's good for Ottawa and really bad for Boston and Pittsburgh. #NHL

So, I guess we can expect Backes to get 4 games for crosschecking Stuart in the neck twice at the end of the Jets/Blues game?

The "Department of Player Safety" reviewed the video, and decided that crosschecking a dude in the back of the neck is okay if the puck is near him. I guess the added rubber in the area takes away from the danger to someone's neck.

So, I guess we can expect Backes to get 4 games for crosschecking Stuart in the neck twice at the end of the Jets/Blues game?

The "Department of Player Safety" reviewed the video, and decided that crosschecking a dude in the back of the neck is okay if the puck is near him. I guess the added rubber in the area takes away from the danger to someone's neck.

I gotta be honest, I don't see that as suspension worthy. 2 minutes or 4 minutes, nothing more.

The "Department of Player Safety" reviewed the video, and decided that crosschecking a dude in the back of the neck is okay if the puck is near him. I guess the added rubber in the area takes away from the danger to someone's neck.
I gotta be honest, I don't see that as suspension worthy. 2 minutes or 4 minutes, nothing more.
Don't worry about it, it's what they do: Whine about how the Blues are pure evil while having a complete inability to realize there team isn't exactly clean.
  • Like 1

Don't worry about it, it's what they do: Whine about how the Blues are pure evil while having a complete inability to realize there team isn't exactly clean.

And that's a wrap on the Central Division. Saint Backes and his Holy Men in Blue clinch.

CM-Punk-laughing-at-Stephanie.gif

In other news, this playoff race has been a lot of fun. Fuck da Kings, Winnipeg makes it, Flames/Nucks first round matchup, Blues looking like they may get the top seed to setup a blood feud series with the Jets, and the Sens have a damn good chance of sneaking in tomorrow and possibly play Montreal.

The west is so awful this year the third most likeable playoff team is Minnesota. God help us all. I get a lot of people can find love in their heart for the Flames but obviously I cannot do that.

At least the east will be entertaining as hell. I hope it's not all for nothing because no east team looks that great on paper against the probable west matchups, but playoffs always throw in one giant surprise somewhere. And at least if the east turns out to be the predictable Montreal or Rangers because they have such good goaltending, you still get the great atmosphere either way.

All that's left now is for the Penguins to fall.

I'm sorry but Pavelec has 3 straight shutouts? Talk about wasting your luck before the playoffs even begin. That's gonna be a wild flame out. He won't even be in net by mid-game 2.

Great run by Flames. I am adopting them for the playoffs.

Oh, the Jets are definitely not a clean team, they have a well deserved rep for shenanigans. I think 4 games was a bit harsh, but I fully believe that Buff should have been suspended. Doesn't change the fact that the Backes crosscheck was exactly the same, save for the fact that the puck was somewhere in the vicinity.

All that's left now is for the Penguins to fall.

I'm sorry but Pavelec has 3 straight shutouts? Talk about wasting your luck before the playoffs even begin. That's gonna be a wild flame out. He won't even be in net by mid-game 2.

Great run by Flames. I am adopting them for the playoffs.

The Jets goaltending is one of the strangest stories of the year that has been lost in the shuffle a bit. People were right about Pavs, then this OTHER RANDOM GUY showed up and was good, and now Pavs is back again and... what? What happened here?

elizium's Official NHL Pure Evil Rankings:

1. Toronto Maple Leafs (Duh)

2. Philadelphia Flyers (I don't even really know why, this team has always just pissed me off)

3. Calgary Flames (Fuck Lanny MacDonald's mustache)

4. Minnesota Vikings (My hatred of them crosses all sports)

5. Minnestoa Wild (They might hang out with the Vikings or something)

Sorry, the Blues don't make it.

• Like 1

We've all been waiting for him to turn back into a pumpkin at any moment.