DVDVR Message Board

NHL 2015 - THE REST OF THE SEASON...

RIPPA

New thread

Dustin Byfuglien still a piece of shit

Naw, he's great. Shit play on that last goal though.

Oooooooh, you mean the crosscheck? Yeah, sorry about that. Buff's a rough player, but I don't know what he was thinking there. He gets a lot of penalties, but he's usually not a dick with his stick. Of his 41 minor penalties, only 7 are for hooking (4), slashing (1), high sticking (0) and cross checking (2). It was kind of ridiculous that the one on Miller last night wasn't called at all, though.

So Detroit almost pulled off that rarest of all NHL sightings last night:

A Red Wings goalie "stealing a win" for his team. Oh, such beasts have been seen before - once or twice in the 2008 playoffs, maybe a couple times in 2002, but they are very rare.

Last night, Peter Mrazek stood on his head for the Wings as Ottawa thoroughly dominated in every facet. At one point, the SOG numbers were 32-12. And still, with 4 minutes left, Detroit led 1-0. Alas, twas not to be. Ottawa tied it and an obviously exhausted Mrazek (who took a break on the bench before OT) gave up 3 out of 4 in the shootout to lose. Nice try, Peter, you deserved better!

Meanwhile, can somebody please put out an APB for Henrik Zetterberg? He hasn't been seen in 2 weeks.

I know a guy in Ottawa that saw a ton of Mrazek in junior and has told anyone who will listen for like two years that he's going to be a big star. I don't know if that pans out but he's certainly the best prospect Detroit have had in net since... uh... man, it's been a while. I mean for a generation they basically leaned on old established guys there. And Chris Osgood, who has three more rings than me.

If Mrazek learns to control rebounds - and he's already light years ahead of where he was five months ago - he will be a star. No question.

Know it's for the tank, but I really don't think I can bring myself to cheer the Leafs *has mental image of Eichel or McDavid leading us to the cup in 5 years* OK, Go Le,e,e,e..... Go Leafs Go *Vomits* I feel so dirty :-(

Which would be Toronto but if only you could trade cash.

What's happened to you, man?

I've been sympathetic to Leafites for a while. They're abused and taken for granted by that shitshow of an organization and deserve better. They ARE Canada's team, after all. :)

I actually kind of hope the Leafs get McDavid. They don't have that one guy to build around and Buffalo has Reinhardt. Also, Leaf fans have endured enough.

"Wide Right"

"Thurman forgot his helmet"

"Our all time hero turns out to be a mass murderer"

"No goal!"

"Our owners pulled an Enron"

"America's punchline"

"City of losers"

No one deserves the gift of McDavid more than the people of Buffalo. No one.

Your shithouse fans openly cheered Arizona because they don't understand how the draft lottery works. They are bad and they deserve to feel bad.

We're all going down together and there's nothing anyone can do about it.

Seriously though Dallas is going to win the lottery and Seguin and McDavid are going to make us all cry. I saw it in a vision months ago.

Your shithouse fans openly cheered Arizona because they don't understand how the draft lottery works. They are bad and they deserve to feel bad.

We're all going down together and there's nothing anyone can do about it.

Seriously though Dallas is going to win the lottery and Seguin and McDavid are going to make us all cry. I saw it in a vision months ago.

You do realize that there are TWO can't miss franchise players and that finishing last assures you of one of them. And those fans fill the biggest arena in NY almost every night to watch a team designed to lose in the second most economically depressed area of the country.

Dallas has a 3.5% chance as it stands. I think we're safe for now. Plus, Seguin strikes me as an empty points type of guy. While his surface corsi numbers are good (53 CF%), his teammates generally have better numbers when not playing with Sequins. And he's a fucking dolt. See his comments about the Sedins.

LA has a 1% chance. O_O ...

Question: does Canadian Tire money count against the salary cap? If not I think I just found a neat loophole: "We'll give you 3 million CT bucks, you can get a shovel."

But the Sedins are weird and creepy and basically those twins out of Kubrick's The Shining.

They are awesome human beings. Stop that.

Ryan Miller is an overpaid shitbum update: so, after Miller went down with injury, Lack has logged a tonne of minutes and in 31 starts, Eddie's rocking a .919 SV%. In 41 games started, Miller has a .913 SV%. League average is .913 btw. Lack's cap hit: $1.3 million. Miller's cap hit: $6 million for another two seasons.

FvbbHzd.jpg

Of course, as I'm typing this out, Chicago scores.

• Like 1

Alexander Ovechkin, watch your back! Derek Dorsett be starring in The Sniper 2: Sniperer. What a sweet goal for him and a terrible idea to throw it up the gut by Rozsival.