DVDVR Message Board

SOCCER - February 2015

Dolfan in NYC

Dortmund vs Juve had a good first half. Both teams looked really shaky, giving up goals due to horrendous defending. Juve looked stronger in the second half and controlled the game, should have made it 3-1 at one point. Leaves all possible outcomes for the 2nd leg.

The slip that led to Dortmund's goal was bad but I am glad for it.  I think it'll make for a much more interesting second leg.  Also I hate that a good player from each side got hurt in the first half.  That first half was really fun to watch even though it wasn't the greatest football.

Arsenal down at home 2-0 to Monaco. I'm way too excited by this, so Giroud is clearly scoring a brace before the match is over, and then someone's going to post that kid singing the "He's six foot two, he'll do you" video.

• Like 1

Arsenal down at home 2-0 to Monaco. I'm way too excited by this, so Giroud is clearly scoring a brace before the match is over, and then someone's going to post that kid singing the "He's six foot two, he'll do you" video.

Someone. I won't say who, but someone.

In all seriousness, I never saw this one coming.

Edit: darn it! I guess I can close that tab.

Yeah I never see the French league but the media have done nothing but talk down Monaco as this ultra negative team that tries to win every game 1-0. Arsenal missed a couple of very good chances but Monaco have been surprisingly comfortable overall.

It's hard to imagine that Mesut Ozil was once my favourite young star in the game. He's a fucking ghost now.

Guest The Magnificent 7

Berbatov is awesome.  He'd be in my all-time Lazy but Talented 11 for sure.  The strikeforce would be him and Mark Viduka.  I'd have to think hard about the midfield and defenders.  Bosnich in goals?

Guest The Magnificent 7

Look I used to think the thing with matches in Italy and dodgy referee performances was a bit overblown, but that referee tonight was the worst I've seen in Europe since, hey wait a minute, that fuckwit in Turin ages ago.  A village in Slovakia is missing its idiot tonight.

One of van Dijk's yellows wasn't even a foul, every marginal decision went for the home team.  Joke of a performance by the ref.  I took the afternoon off work to watch this, I can't image what the fans who travelled to Milan are feeling tonight.  Robbed of any spectacle by a worm of a ref with that sending off. 

I hate Palacio with the fury of a billion suns. 

Guest The Magnificent 7

Just read something on a Celtic board I frequent from the match post-mortem that made me laugh quite a bit, needed it...

James Forrest is as useful as Anne Franks drumkit.