DVDVR Message Board

UPCOMING VIDEO GAMES (2015 & Beyond)

RIPPA

Says the guy who loves Mass Effect but refuses to play Dragon Age because it's fantasy :)

That's not a small thing at all. Fantasy settings have zero appeal to me and I have no desire to play Dragon Age. Which is very different from "I was totally into this game, until I heard one song I don't like."

Your shtick is so fucking tired. I'm usually ok with your bullshit, but now it's just annoying. People are free to shit on whatever they want. Goddamn. It doesn't have to be one big groupthink where we circle jerk over every new game and shiny quarter that rolls our way.

You also turned on Destiny on a fucking dime. You went from, BUY THIS GAME YOU'D BE DUMB NOT TO, to "this game isn't good and lame and blah blah blah."

Sometimes something turns people off about a game, be it a song, Beats headphones, or an annoying voice actor, so don't give us this bullshit about turning on a game for something that turns us off because you do the same thing.

Sure you're free to do it, just as I'm free to call it out as being ridiculous. I wouldn't mind it if someone said "I don't lilke 3rd person action games", because that's completely understandable then why you wouldn't like the game. But to say, "I like everyting but one song, so I'm out" is just ridiculous internet cynicism. That is one small aspect of a larger game that you would otherise like. That's LOOKING FOR THINGS TO BE PISSED ABOUT.

And if you think my complaints about Destiny are the same, you missed the point. There's not a small thing in Destiny that turned me off. It's the entire structure of the game. (i.e. They promised me a story, there wasn't one).

EDIT: There's also a big fucking difference between "the game isn't good and lame" (which I've never said) and "this game wasn't what I wanted".

There's also a world of difference betweenjudging a game after you played it and dismissing a game because of a trailer. I played Destiny. I own Destiny. As a matter of fact, I own the edition that came with the first 2 DLCs.

No one has played Scalebound yet. The fact that the guy has headphones on makes it obvious music is going to be very important to the game, so it's very possible they give you options for which music you want to play during a fight. WE DON'T KNOW YET. But Destiny we do know. It's a great game, but it wasn't what I wanted out of it.

As I said - I have no interest in Cuphead but that is a personal thing since I have never ever liked that art style.

So it's not the game per se

I blame it on Betty Boop

I mean, you get instant access to some weapons. The Ion Torpedo in particular sounds awesome because you know there's going to be a crapload of vehicles buzzing around and having something that locks onto vehicles and is more hurty is good. Other than that, you get instant access to Han's blaster and an ion grenade, as opposed to unlocking them, which is sometimes a pain in the butt.

So I suppose it comes down to if you think that is worth $10. For some people it will be. I'm so used to paying a little extra for games now since I don't buy as many that $70 isn't that bad.

What is Wright Patterson? I hope it's the school in Top Gun.

Wright Patterson is an Air Force base that used to have a fighter school but now it is more of an logistics base.  It is also the base where the jets that become Air Force One are maintained and it has a research facility run by DARPA.

The Top Gun school for Navy pilots is at Miramar.

What is Wright Patterson? I hope it's the school in Top Gun.

Wright Patterson is an Air Force base that used to have a fighter school but now it is more of an logistics base.  It is also the base where the jets that become Air Force One are maintained and it has a research facility run by DARPA.

The Top Gun school for Navy pilots is at Miramar.

wright Pattetson is also near a really great comics store in Dayton that used to have a ton of affordable Golden Age books. We used to drive down from BGSU a couple times a year to shop there.

• Like 1

I feel like I'm the only one around here who is hyped for World of Warcraft: Legion, but after the reveal at Gamescom I feel like they have learned a good bit from where Warlords of Draenor did poorly in most aspects.  I am looking forward to the new expansion.

I feel like I'm the only one around here who is hyped for World of Warcraft: Legion, but after the reveal at Gamescom I feel like they have learned a good bit from where Warlords of Draenor did poorly in most aspects.  I am looking forward to the new expansion.

You missed me in the regular games thread drooling that my Paladin's get Ashbringer.  Demon Hunters look like a bit of fun too.  It does look like they're correcting the mistake of so much questing in Draenor was tied into micromanaging your garrison and needing to grind the shit out of heroics to get good enough gear to finish off the last zone (or even get to the damn last zone).  And that getting into Heroics was fucking hard enough as it was (man do I hate the damn Proving Grounds).  The Class Hall thing looks like its more enhancement than necessary.

Outside of that, I never got the hate a lot of people have for WoD overall.  Story was fantastic, boss sections turned into sceanaros so you didn't have people kill stealing in the area and stuck waiting for respawns was fine.  I guess there were issues with the lack of Duengons/Raids, which didn't affect me much since I only ended up doing the shit necessary for me to advance and I don't run raids.

• Like 1

Man, I want Cuphead and Crackdown. Not enough to get an XB1 until they are sub $200 or so new and I have more space and time, but those are the first two XB1 exclusives that have me consideing things.

Maybe in a Black Friday combo deal with a bigger TV than the one in my living room...

There was a deal at Best Buy the other day that was $499 for an Xbone and a 40" LCD TV.  I don't remember what brand the TV was though or if the normal price of the TV would make it a good deal.  I think it was the Master Chief collection bundle of Xbone. 

Crackdown was the very first game I played on my 360.

I got Crackdown 2 like a month or so ago and played for like a hour and was like "oof... I am not sure I can do this"

So I am a little surprised they are making a 3 but hey go for it.

Fresh is right though - the online connection for destruction thingy is going to lead to a lot of problems