DVDVR Message Board

NXT 2015 THREAD

RIPPA

Yeah, Kong really was highly regarded. It's a freakin shame she dropped the ball so hard in WWE.

I would say Kong's indie rep was also an advantage because I don't even remember even hearing about Sasha's indie work in passing, if anything her 'cousin of Snoop' is more a detriment for her starting off.

Damnit, just remembering how Kong dropped the ball is pissing me off now.

I didn't think getting pregnant was considered dropping the ball.

I think "dropping the ball" here is the fact that she had a miscarriage and never disclosed it to the company.

Especially with the classy way they wrote her off.

As if Vince didn't have enough reasons on his own to shit on the Diva's division, I swear things went from bad to shit road after that.

To be fair, there's only two or three people on the main roster working on a level close to her.

I'd go so far as to say that Sasha is one of the top 10 workers in the world right now.

Now we're getting ridiculous.

She' the best full time NXT worker, which probably puts her top 5, top 6 maybe in the entire WWE...from there, putting her top ten world wide isn't a stretch at all.

I don't even know if she's better than Becky Lynch, let alone top ten on the entire planet. 

I like Sasha but no way I'm saying she's better than people like Owens, Zayn (even hurt) or Balor...or even Breeze. Probably not putting her ahead of Joe, despite him not doing much lately. Definitely not putting her ahead of people like Lesnar, Rollins or Cena. And she doesn't touch guys like Nakamura, Tanahashi (even hurt) or Okada.

Saying Sasha is awesome is one thing. Saying you enjoy her work on NXT is great. Saying she's one of the ten best wrestlers on the entire planet when she's only been wrestling for five years total, has probably under 200 matches total and is still in developmental is ludicrous. Hyperbole to the tenth degree. 

Can't you just say you enjoy her work without making the outlandish statement? "Sasha is awesome. I enjoy her work. I look forward to seeing more from her in the future and watching her get better."

I don't even know if she's better than Becky Lynch, let alone top ten on the entire planet. 

I like Sasha but no way I'm saying she's better than people like Owens, Zayn (even hurt) or Balor...or even Breeze.

lol Zayn and Owens I can understand, but Sasha is easily above Balor and Breeze. I can't even fathom someone saying Balor is better at pro wrestling than Sasha Banks. Becky is comparable in ring, but as an all around act Sasha kills her. Of the active guys right now in WWE only Cena and Owens are in her league.

Let's take into account the limited opponents Sasha has too work, and the fact that nearly all of them are inexperienced. Now look at the male side where guys get to work 10-15 year traveled veterans even in NXT. Balor gets to work Neville, Itami, Owens, Rhyno, Kendrick, Breeze etc while Sasha works mostly girls with fewer than 3 years experience.

The one time she got to wrestle a world traveled veteran she put on one of the 3 best WWE matches of the year.

I dig the gimmick but nothing about Breeze has suggested "World Class Worker" to me. 

For that matter, he might not make be in my top five of workers doing fake Italian supermodel gimmicks (he definitely wouldn't be in the top 3; the original trio of Italian Connection members in Toryumon have those spots locked up).

If people can watch both of them perform and think Balor is better then Banks, then it's hard to take your opinion that seriously. That sounds mean, but name one thing Balor does better in ring then Sasha does.

Gee, I'll be crushed if you don't take my opinion seriously.  How ever will I be able to carry on?

I like Breeze I think he's good, and occasionally very good he's just not on Sasha's level(which imo is right near the top of the company). I believe the face turn will help him because it eliminates a small guy with mediocre offense working on top.

I like Sasha but no way I'm saying she's better than people like Owens, Zayn (even hurt) or Balor...or even Breeze. Probably not putting her ahead of Joe, despite him not doing much lately. Definitely not putting her ahead of people like Lesnar, Rollins or Cena. And she doesn't touch guys like Nakamura, Tanahashi (even hurt) or Okada.

Saying Sasha is awesome is one thing. Saying you enjoy her work on NXT is great. Saying she's one of the ten best wrestlers on the entire planet when she's only been wrestling for five years total, has probably under 200 matches total and is still in developmental is ludicrous. Hyperbole to the tenth degree. 

Can't you just say you enjoy her work without making the outlandish statement? "Sasha is awesome. I enjoy her work. I look forward to seeing more from her in the future and watching her get better."

The guys in bold are mediocre on their best days, but maybe we just look for different things in wrestling. 

• Like 1

I'll stick to my statement about Sasha. Also, if someone wants to put Balor or Rollins in a top ten list while arguing my placement of Sasha there, we're on different planets.

Interested to see how Banks does on the main roster without the advantages of NXT.

When you take away the "advantages" of being booked competently and being given time to do more than run through a few spots before the match ends by rollup after a distraction it's going to be hard for anyone. The NXT girls have to turn the entire culture of main roster women's wrestling around they have their work cut out.

• Like 1

Interested to see how Banks does on the main roster without the advantages of NXT.

When you take away the "advantages" of being booked competently and being given time to do more than run through a few spots before the match ends by rollup after a distraction it's going to be hard for anyone. The NXT girls have to turn the entire culture of main roster women's wrestling around they have their work cut out.

Exactly. When I hear about ANYONE being moved up to the main roster I cringe because the booking is so much different. Mind you, Owens's story has been a success but will that be the norm? I tend to think not.

Current top 10 NXT/WWE list is a really interesting discussion right now.  If we're counting the injured ones (Rusev, Bryan, Zayn) that is a tough list to fill out.

Lesnar, Cena, Cesaro and Owens would be my other locks.  That leaves 3 spots for a ton of really solid pro wrestlers.

Not to mention getting a performance center where you can practice your match for hours a day for a week leading up to a big show.

I don't expect her to have classics on the main roster but she should at least be noticeably better than the women up there. And they do often get some time now so if she's "Top 5" in the world, she better be able to have a better match with Nikki Bella than Paige.