DVDVR Message Board

So as I was looking for No Limit posse cuts just now, I came across something I thought I'd never, EVER see- C-Murder, who's doing a life bid in Angola, doing a song that went in on his own brother! And we're not talking about someone trying to assassinate someone's character on a track, we're talking about a man who's genuinely hurt from what he feels is betrayal from his blood brother...

But speaking of "assassination of character", the following tracks did just that:

"We was damn near feelin' you, even though your career is based off of somebody damn near killin' you!"

"Fuck the regulation talkover, nigga dig this- I'm 'bout to sun Kiss like a soda"

"Worst mistake was tryin' for me, you can bring that baby gorilla with you, he dyin' for free"

Styles P's entire verse shut it down!

I'm not really a Cassidy fan, but he verbally RAPED Meek Mill here!

I cannot wait for the debate of whether or not Who Shot Ya? / Hit 'Em Up! were call / response diss tracks between Biggie and 2Pac.

I tend to be in the "Not really, but stirring shit up was good for business," camp.

• Like 1

It's not a full dis track, but The Fugees (Wyclef iirc) dropped the best random dis line ever on The Mask.

"Did you blast him?"

"Nah kid I didn't have the balls,

That's when I realized I was bumpin'

Too much Biggie Smalls."

Man, who didn't diss Courtney Love?

Marilyn Manson did it (Starfuckers, Inc) as did Tori Amos (Professional Widow) and Gwen Stefani (Hollaback Girl).

I didn't know Hollaback Girl was about Courtney Love. I didn't know Hollaback Girl was about ANYTHING.

Yep.  Courtney said in a interview with Seventeen Magazine that Gwen was a "cheerleader" and not a real musician.

Gwen then hooked up with Pharrell and made a hit song that dissed Courtney and sounded like it was recorded during a high school pep rally.

People hear you talking like that, getting everybody fired up
So I'm ready to attack, gonna lead the pack
Gonna get a touchdown, gonna take you out
Thats right, put your pom-poms down, getting everybody fired up.
  • Like 1

Marilyn Manson did it (Starfuckers, Inc) as did Tori Amos (Professional Widow) and Gwen Stefani (Hollaback Girl).

Uh, you sure you've got the right song, there? Starfuckers, Inc was a diss song OF Marilyn Manson by Trent Reznor.

Uh, you sure you've got the right song, there? Starfuckers, Inc was a diss song OF Marilyn Manson by Trent Reznor.

Ack, that is a typo. 

The video directly disses a lot of people, but there is a particulary large dose of venom for Courtney Love.

But, the biggest diss of all is the part with an obese Courtney Love look-alike wearing a tiara, holding an Oscar, and sporting tape on her nose (to signify a nose job) sitting in a dunking booth with the word "waste" printed on it.