DVDVR Message Board

Lawsuits, Fighter Pay, and Drug Tests: Tibau Fails Post Fight Drug Test In Addition to OoC Test

Elsalvajeloco

They're missing the boat completely by not allowing fans to buy custom jerseys with their own name on it, like pretty much every other major sport does.  If you're going to try to milk this much money out of people, go all the way with it or don't bother.

They're missing the boat completely by not allowing fans to buy custom jerseys with their own name on it, like pretty much every other major sport does.  If you're going to try to milk this much money out of people, go all the way with it or don't bother.

I'm pretty sure that's what they're going to do eventually. If you're willing to buy this stuff, you are the type of person to buy it with your name on it.

• Like 1

Also, did Dan Henderson leave the UFC? I don't see him in the choices on the site. I know some names got pulled for various reasons, but I didn't see Henderson's name mentioned.

I would hope the guy who fought three weeks ago and won is still with the company.

I wanted to get a Jon Jones one and got

404 Error We couldn't find that page

Sorry, we couldn't find that page you were looking for. Maybe it's moved, or maybe the URL is incorrect.

Things to try:
  • Check that the URL you entered is correct.
  • Return to our home page and use the navigation menu to find what you need.
  • Contact us and we'll see if we can point you in the right direction.

Going to send an email and see what this is all about.

My big takeaway from it is for two very large companies, it was so poorly presented.  I mean you have fighter's names spelled wrong, using names the fighters don't go by, it is ridiculous.  If just one person had gone over it they would have caught the mistakes, or heaven forbid run it by the fighters first.  Not a good start.

Guest Edwin

The price is high because that's about the average cost of an official athlete jersey.

Except the jerseys from other sports are wearable and from athletes someone may actually know.

No one of the general public would know who Tom Lawlor or Cub Swanson are. Much less would they recognize Thomas Lawlor or Kevin Swanson.

What a pathetic mess really.

As Reebok wasn't a stale enough brand to partner with already.

-- UFC and Reebok unveiled the new "UFC Fighter Kits" (uniforms) today at a media event in New York City, which you can watch on UFC's YouTube channel. These outfits are what every fighter will be wearing starting with International Fight Week next week. While it had been said that fighters will be able to keep their individuality, almost all of the uniforms (with the exception of the design for the champions) are the same pattern and some fighters get the colors of the flag of their country of origin. The shorts/jersey combos look like soccer uniforms to the point it's almost distracting.

There was a lot of hype about Reebok's specific fabrics and seamless designs. With Ronda Rousey endorsing it, they claimed that their "Fight Bra" is the first sports bra designed specifically for women competing in combat sports, which may not be true.

-- Reebok also opened up sales of the UFC fighter replica jerseys on their website. So far, this has been a disaster. Lowlights include:

* Misspelled names, most notably "Giblert Melendez" and "Connor McGregor." Those two have been taken offline for the time being.

* Weird mistakes involving nicknames, like Ronaldo "Jacare" Souza becoming Jacare "Ronaldo" Souza and Lyoto Machida being merged with TUF Brazil 3 alumnus Marcio "Lyoto" Alexandre Jr. Those have also been taken down.

* Lots of fighters being referred to by their legal names, even if they've never been referred to by those names on UFC programming. Cub Swanson is now Kevin Swanson, Demian Maia is Demian Baptista, Jussier Formiga is now Jussier da Silva, etc. Strangely, even though this suggests Reebok some kind of UFC real names database, Renan Barao and Rony Jason, who don't go by their real names, are listed by their correct public UFC names.

* CM Punk is Phillip Brooks (the UFC roster page has him as "Phil 'CM Punk' Brooks") without any reference to "CM Punk." That got pulled, too. Jimy Hettes is now "James 'Jimy' Hettes" while our own "Flithy" Tom Lawlor has joined The York Foundation as Thomas Lawlor.

* Whether or not a fighter gets his country's colors seems completely random. Ben Handerson, whose mother is from South Korea, was listed as a representative of South Korea with the associated colors even though he's always been billed as an American in the UFC. That got pulled. "Korean Zombie" Chan Sung Jung, who's a South Korean national, has the generic coloring. That one is still up. Alexander Gustafsson and his All-Stars temmates from Sweden also have generic colors.

* No jersey variations are being offered for the opposite sex for the time being. So women are stuck with men's cuts for male fighters and men don't have viable options for female fighters.

Not the best start for this deal.

Credit: f4wonline.com

What a mess.

I would really like to see the process that lead to this. At some point in time Zuffa brass (the brothers, FLASH (possibly), and Dana) all gave the green light to this. Is the real name stuff Dana's continued desire to be seperated from pro wrestling? I just don't understand how two different billion dollar companies can fuck up something so easy. Outsourcing would have been a really good idea as it would have provided the MMA brands (that sponsored some of UFC's biggest stars) alive while offering some variety. Imagine Bad Boy handling the MW, and Venum handling the BW, and Hayabusa handling the LHW design, etc. It would have been pretty cool. Keeping it in-house with Reebok is all fine and well...but FUCK! I know someone sent Reebok a spreadsheet with all the names and the associated nicknames....sigh...

those jerseys.....yeah. ugly and plain as fuck.

when it's been pretty well established that MMA fans go for the "tapout" or "affliction" style designs, why would you pull a 180 and completely whitewash everything?

It's worse than boring. Some are fucking gray on black and all it is is a goddamn name. I paid north of $100 for a Blackhawks sweater, also made by Reebok, and I've paid around $150 for a Ron Santo throwback uni. $95 for a fucking cheap ass polyester/nylon shirt that just has a UFC logo and a fighter's name? That is so fucking dumb. I realize not everyone has a cool ass logo like Korean Zombie, but damn, UFC could have at least put some effort into that shit.

I shudder to think how much that shitty font cost too. Christ.