DVDVR Message Board

Lawsuits, Fighter Pay, and Drug Tests: Tibau Fails Post Fight Drug Test In Addition to OoC Test

Elsalvajeloco

Brendan Schaub, whether if you like him or not, nailed exactly why the Reebok deal is terrible. Most of the people from Reebok have any experience with MMA, the designs are lazy and rushed because it's not a huge priority for Reebok, their designers are terrible, etc.

I have a few MMA shirts. The old Andy Silva Sinister shirt, the Jon Fitch "King Crushers" shirt that looked like a weathered shirt for a towing company, the Star Wars logo inspired Dethrone shirt and the red Brock Lesnar shirt, which is probably the loudest shirt I've ever owned, but it still looked cool and felt like a metal t-shirt.

I was never a fan of the shirts that just puked up a bunch of fleur de lis everywhere with swirls, chains, skulls, etc. I think some guys had really creative stuff, like the Korean Zombie shirt for instance, or some of the ones I mentioned. Reebok could have easily brought in the people who designed those shirts as consultants for creating a brand standard, but still allowing for some individuality, and they just didn't give a shit at all.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Does this bring into light the shadiness of the previous testing scheme that they are only now getting him?

Not really. If you're going to protect anyone, Gleison Tibau is not on the list.