DVDVR Message Board

Marvel Universe TV Thread

RIPPA

What happened to Simmons? My On Demand went haywire after the "We'll be right back" part, and I don't want to sit through the whole ep again.

Also, that whole second half was absolutely riveting from top to bottom. I'm really glad that Cal kinda got a happy ending, because he has been one of the stronger characters throughout the series.

Fitz awkwardly asked her to dinner and she accepted.  While doing so, Fitz seemed to unlock the box containing the stone-not-stone.  After Fitz left Simmons went to fix/lock it back up and the item went into liquid form and absorbed Simmons and went back to stone form. 

When it comes to Daisy's new team, I wonder if they will go with actual comic characters or make up their own.  It would be interesting if they introduced Speedball this way. 

What happened to Simmons? My On Demand went haywire after the "We'll be right back" part, and I don't want to sit through the whole ep again.

Also, that whole second half was absolutely riveting from top to bottom. I'm really glad that Cal kinda got a happy ending, because he has been one of the stronger characters throughout the series.

Fitz awkwardly asked her to dinner and she accepted.  While doing so, Fitz seemed to unlock the box containing the stone-not-stone.  After Fitz left Simmons went to fix/lock it back up and the item went into liquid form and absorbed Simmons and went back to stone form. 

When it comes to Daisy's new team, I wonder if they will go with actual comic characters or make up their own.  It would be interesting if they introduced Speedball this way. 

Frankly, there's no reason not to go with a few of the Secret Warriors. They're small enough that they'd never really need to be in a movie. 

Frankly, there's no reason not to go with a few of the Secret Warriors. They're small enough that they'd never really need to be in a movie. 

Looking at the list (across all teams), the best options would be Rodriguez, Sledge, Downing and Wolfe.  The magical members won't work before Doctor Strange is introduced and some are children of characters not introduced yet.  I could also see them throwing some random Inhumans on the team like Lincoln and Alisha.

Well there were rumours around September of last year that Marvel cast Fran Kranz as Speedball, and he even commented on Twitter about it. I think it's a good possiblity, personally, and I'd love to see it. They've changed a lot about Civil War already, I'd like to see them keep the origin of the entire storyline the same. We already know it won't be the catalyst for the Civil War premise, but it could influence the movie heavily. Plus, I just really want to see Speedball turn into Penance over the course of the next season of AoS.

I'm just a sucker for Civil War, really. It's what got me back into Marvel.

I hope we're bringing back the "I'm with ___" signatures, too. Those were wacky.

• Like 2

So I finally finished Part 2 of the season finale and, yeah, Shield isn't the best comic book show but when it hits a high spot it's as good or better than any other comic show on tv. What an absolutely awesome 2 hours.

Earlier in this thread I said Ward's transformation reminded me of Wesley's from "Angel" - well, clearly Jed Whedon had some secret role in that show (or was just a big fan) because now they've gone Full Illyria with Simmons. I know a couple of you guys have a thing for her - she's cute and all - but she's by far the most boring of the original cast. It's about time they did SOMETHING to make her interesting.

I was super bummed about losing Trip at the mid-season mark but I'm all in on Mac now. "I'm the guy that kills Gordon" is the new badass line of all badass lines.

Article released on marvel.com today about Daredevil's design process:

Ryan Meinerding Details the Design of Daredevil's Costume

Learn how he brought the iconic look to life for 'Marvel's Daredevil,' streaming now only on Netflix!

555a8172ce563.jpg

555a80e4613ee.jpg

555a82170039c.jpg

They say the suit makes the man, and with a hero whose look has become as iconic as Daredevil’s, that applies ten-fold.

With the Netflix Original Series “Marvel’s Daredevil,” the creators behind the series had to reimagine Matt Murdock’s classic suit to fit in with the grounded, street-level tone of the series. In order to accomplish this, they looked to the team of designers and costume artists at Marvel Studios—headed up by Ryan Meinerding—to take a crack at some of the visuals and designs for the series.

“Joe Quesada got in touch and asked if I could help out,” recalls Meinerding. “Our whole team actually did designs, [including] Rodney Fuentebella, Andy Park, Jackson Sze, Josh Nizzi, and Anthony Francisco. I think we all did a round of designs as fast as we could, and they settled on one of mine. Beyond that, we did our normal process of modeling the head and the cowl [in] 3D with Josh Herman, and then I was involved throughout the costume creation process.”

Marvel CCO--and one of the series’ Executive Producers--Joe Quesada, known for an immensely influential run as the artist on Daredevil’s comic series, also had a hand in the series’ designs.

“The starting point is always story,” explains Quesada. “We had to come up with a logical reason as to how someone with Matt Murdock’s means and ability to actually make a costume could make that dramatic of a leap from the vigilante costume to the super hero [suit]. Once that logic was in play, which was the Melvin Potter of it all, we had to build to that point. I think if we had gone to that red costume too soon, it would have caused a lot of viewers to bump on the material, because it was so grounded in the real world.”

The “Melvin Potter of it all” refers to the character who, in the series, actually helps Matt build his final Daredevil suit. Having a character like Potter, a mechanic, actually develop and build the costume in the series gave the team a basis to work off of.

“The tone that was really communicated was the sense of realism that they were going for,” relates Meinerding. “I think the way that [manifested itself in] the costume was through the armor and making it feel a little bit more padded than you traditionally think of Daredevil being. When we do these designs, there’s a concept of grounded and a concept of reality. The grounded nature that they brought to the vigilante costume was the simplicity and effectiveness, because you’re trying to conceal your identity but also [have to be] mobile enough to fight.

“When you do a super hero costume in that world, it’s hard to be as real as you need to be, because you’re making it heightened. So you try and find the touchstones for that with armoring pieces that you would want armored, like your shins and your forearms for blocking and hitting as well as having things be riveted on. The overall layout of that costume is really that it’s meant to look like a Kevlar vest with stuff underneath it. That’s what we were going for.”

Quesada commends Meinerding’s work, commenting on many of those “touchstones” added to the design.

“One of my favorite parts of the costume is that if you look very, very closely at some of the way the armature is attached to the costume, you can actually see rivets,” Quesada elaborates. “There was something about that particular element that I told Ryan, we should lean into that a little bit because that is so quintessentially New York and how the city itself is constructed. And Melvin Potter, being who a guy who’s working on engines [and] a bunch of different things, rivets seem like something he would use. Ryan also did some great stuff with respect to the placement of blacks against the red, the way that the darker portions of the mask are constructed to really give the full feeling of when comic artists draw that mask and rim light it in red while leaving the center portions black.”

Daredevil’s cowl remains one of the most defining characteristics of his look, lending him the nickname of Hornhead, so that in particular had to come out just right.

“The horns are iconic, and we had to be careful as to how we handled them,” remarks Quesada. “I think what Ryan did is absolutely spectacular, when you really look at the structure of the helmet and the horns, because those can be done in a way where they actually look silly. He created an architectural design, an angular design for the horns, that just feels natural to the cowl.”

As Quesada hinted, bringing that cowl to life wasn’t as simple as slapping a couple of horns on and calling it a day.

“One of the most interesting things about Daredevil, that I hadn’t fully appreciated before I started working on the character, is that I think that head is one of the most difficult heads to design for a live action context,” confesses Meinerding. “Because if you have a mask like Captain America’s, it’s difficult in it’s own ways, but you still have the actor’s eyes coming through. So you get performance, you get a sense of who they are, of their expression, of what they’re doing. [As a result] the bottom half of the face matches the top half, in terms of expression. With Daredevil, because half of his face has to be covered and has its own expression and the actor’s face is going to be doing something else, it’s actually a very difficult challenge to come up with something up top that’s not going to bump with something down below.”

In the end, one more element had to fall in place before Daredevil’s final suit could fully harken to the iconic look from the comics.

“The billy clubs, designed by Andy Park, were also very important,” stresses Quesada. “There was a discussion early in the process, because Charlie Cox [and his stunt double] Chris Brewster are both right handed, of having the billy clubs holster on the right leg. But Daredevil wears those billy clubs on the left hand side. So while it would have been easier to place the holster on the right we all felt that we had to keep to the classic profile and keep them on the left. It made life a bit more difficult for Charlie and Chris, but they caught on pretty quickly. No matter how you sliced it, they were going to have to holster the billy clubs without looking because lets face it, DD would have no need to look.

“Ultimately I think the silhouette is always what’s really important. Does it look heroic? Does it look like our character? If he stands on the parapet of a roof and turns his head and we see those devil horns, is it Daredevil? I think that’s where Ryan succeeded and exceeded all of our expectations. It’s Daredevil.”

Watch all episodes of “Marvel’s Daredevil” streaming now, only on Netflix!

Great read. Marvel has very talented concept artists.

tumblr_nmu7cwwank1s5xqvko8_250.gif

Everyone he killed was someone that he felt like was trying to turn him into that helpless kid.

Exactly. The people he personally killed had compromised his personal space--

Antoly: embarrassed Fisk on his first date with Vanessa

Urich: went to visit Fisk's dementia-stricken mother

Leland: admitted the real reason behind the poisoning at the benefit

If you invade Wilson Fisk's personal world, where he constantly fights to keep the scared boy he used to be at bay, you will get squashed.

I think two-fold with Urich, is that Fisk wouldn't have been able to stop the coming storm once the story was published.  He would have been at the mercy of the press and the law, again placing him in that "helpless kid" role.

I finally checked out Avengers:Earth's Mightiest Heroes on Netflix. So far I'm way into it. I'm not saying it's as good as Batman:The Animated Series, but like BTAS it takes the tone of the movies that inspired it and mixes in material from the comics in a unique, fun way.

Earth's Mightiest Heroes did Secret Invasion 3000x better than the books did. Great series they sadly cancelled to give the far inferior Avengers Assemble that runs everyone closer to the movies, including looks.

This!

#19, The Dirty Half Dozen aired in the UK last week and its one of the best in the show’s history. I chuckled aloud at Grant Ward's "This is great. We finally got the team back together" and how uncomfortable the mission briefing was between the original six (great seeing them reunited) with the feelings toward what Ward has done. Liked Skye’s action sequence and the tie-in to Avengers: Age of Ultron as well.

I've been kinda-sorta-halfway meaning to get around to Agents of SHIELD at some point, but maaaaan, the interest just ain't there. I saw the first two episodes and they were a big buncha meh, did nothing for me overall. I like Coulson as much as anybody, but I don't like the cheapness in never having any of the actual Avengers show up even for the briefest of cameos. Okay, yeah Nick Fury stops by once or twice; but you'd think it would be a hell of a lot more often, considering that he's the commander of this agency. (Hell, same deal for Joss himself, doing only the pilot and then never being anything but an apparently hands-off showrunner.) And I've never given the tiniest shit about the Inhumans in the comics, so I doubt that a show about them would light my fire. I do still wanna give the show a chance sometime out of sheer fanboy completionist tendencies, but practically every other current live-action superhero property on TV seems more enticing (with the sole exception of Arrow, I've never liked Oliver Queen and I'll be damned if I'm gonna watch and entire show centered around his overrated ass).

Now on the other other OTHER hand, I just finished Daredevil, and I've got nothing to say but a lot of repeating everyone else's "holy shit that was awesome!" sentiments. I literally can't think of any other live-action show on television which so consistently featured REALLY GREAT fight choreography, which is such a damn'd difficult thing to do on a regular basis. Compare it to any given season of Buffy, for example; there would be two or three stellar fight scenes, but everything else would be the same old "we've got four hours to film an entire battle, so everyone just do the same shit you always do" going through the motions. Every fight on Daredevil has a completely different feel; and the selling, oh my god the selling is just unbelievably spectacular. Ricky's, both Morton and Steamboat, woulda been taking notes from this selling! (Almost TOO MUCH selling actually, it's hard to believe that Murdock can soak up this much constant punishment, no matter how much healing-factor-meditation he does.)

And while the cast is spectacularly solid up and down the list, D'Onofrio really does steal this show as if it were a dollar-menu double cheeseburger and he was the Hamburglar. His version of Kingpin (who, iirc, is never even called that name) is a revelation and a half, totally different from how I expected that character to generally be portrayed. It's as if Tony Soprano grew up autistic, and this awkward scary manchild is the result. And, did you guys notice that his methods were essentially the exact opposite of what his father used to do? His dad tried to get elected to public office in order to skim extra money, put up campaign posters with his own face covering them (and left them up even after he'd lost the election), had no problem with beating the shit out of a teenage kid on a public street in broad daylight, and generally tried to Put Himself Out There as much as humanly possible. Wilson is the polar opposite; he makes a ton of illegal money as a means to a philanthropic end, he actively avoids publicity at all costs (until finally forced to change that), and is so paranoid about putting himself out there that he pronounces a Voldemort death-curse on anyone who so much as speaks his name out loud.

And oh yeah, one more thing:

Was anyone else shocked that they killed off at least two fairly major supporting characters who, y'know, ain't dead in the comics? Ben Urich and The Owl are still around, still doing stuff, still active parts of the 616.

Meanwhile, when it comes to Karen Page, I hope the show's writers just take the general tactic of being all like "Kevin Smith, who's that? Never heard of 'im. And he certainly never wrote any Daredevil comics. Nope, we're absolutely positive that there was never a story arc called Guardian Devil." (Kev, if I ever manage to break into writing mainstream comics, I'm totally gonna kill off your beloved Onomatopoeia in revenge for what you did to Karen... and Mysterio... and whatever else classic characters that you so callously slaughtered.) And btw, any other True Blood fans find it hilarious that poor Deborah Ann Woll's debut on THIS show started with her crying and confused and covered in blood, moved on to her suddenly shacking up with an older dude under tense circumstances and aaaaaaaalmost showing her boobs, and finally moved on to her getting the shit beaten out of her before being saved by her male hero friend? Some things never change... but then again some things do, I totally marked out for her going all Punisher on Wesley's smug ass.

• Like 1

I've been kinda-sorta-halfway meaning to get around to Agents of SHIELD at some point, but maaaaan, the interest just ain't there. I saw the first two episodes and they were a big buncha meh, did nothing for me overall. I like Coulson as much as anybody, but I don't like the cheapness in never having any of the actual Avengers show up even for the briefest of cameos. Okay, yeah Nick Fury stops by once or twice; but you'd think it would be a hell of a lot more often, considering that he's the commander of this agency. (Hell, same deal for Joss himself, doing only the pilot and then never being anything but an apparently hands-off showrunner.)

That's actually not his fault. In doing the rounds for Ultron, Joss said in interviews he thought he was going to be one and done after Avengers and had every intention of returning to TV as showrunner on SHIELD only to be surprised they tapped him for the sequel. From the way he described his pre-production work on Ultron - he's said many times the stress of trying to do a third Avengers movie would literally shorten his lifespan by 25 years - I just think there was literally no time for him to be involved in the show. 

I totally get being fanboy completionist - hell, I have the 90s Flash box set and Elektra on Blu-ray - but if I can repeat some advice I gave to another person who asked about starting up Shield: I'd skip the bulk of S1 as it's almost all "monster of the week" garbage and just start with episode 16 (which kicks off the cross-over with Winter Soldier - although watch Ep11 if you want the backstory on how Coulson was resurrected)  and follow through to the end of S1. S2 is a lot stronger overall but you can still skip the first 7-8 episodes and not really miss much - although if you're not interested in the Inhumans I'm not sure even then it'll hold your interest.

I will say this much, I've read the classic Lee/Kirby "Inhumans" stuff and lotsa FF Inhumans stories and the Inhumans as presented in the MTU isn't really the same - to be honest, they're using "Inhumans" as stand-ins for "Mutants" since they don't have the rights to the X-Universe - which you may have already guessed if you saw Quicksilver/Witch in Ultron.

Your weekly reminder to not believe Latino Review:

Marvel Television has debunked the rumor that Jason Statham is in talks to join the cast of Daredevil," telling CBR News there is "no truth to it at all."
  • Like 1

I do still wanna give the show a chance sometime out of sheer fanboy completionist tendencies, but practically every other current live-action superhero property on TV seems more enticing (with the sole exception of Arrow, I've never liked Oliver Queen and I'll be damned if I'm gonna watch and entire show centered around his overrated ass).

Arrow has about as much in common with any comics depiction of Green Arrow as Batman 66 does with Frank Miller's Batman. Some of the ideas and tropes are there but the characterization and even backstory are almost entirely different. It starts rough but ends up worthwhile.

Also it's Buffy/Angel rules where the shows cross pollinate a lot and if you don't watch both there are definitely jumps that'll make less sense and some plot points are introduced in the opposite show (a major Flash reveal got dropped into an episode of Arrow for example). Still watchable and everything but yeah.

I did give Agents a chance, and managed to marathon through most of the first season with kinda surprising ease. It ain't Shakespeare (even the late, rarely-lamented Dollhouse experimented with bigger Ideas than this show does), but it's fun comfort-food shenanigans in which good misfits battle evil psychopaths and many a witticism is quipped. Nobody's gonna mistake this for a genuine artsy minor-masterpiece like Daredevil, but it's not even trying to be that, it's a battle-of-the-week show with its plot twists and whatnot and honestly I'm perfectly fine with how they do it here. I do quite love "The Clairvoyant" as a villain; it's a complicated reaction, when the show is all "Oh holy shit, the big bad is THIS GUY~! ...oh no, wait, he's already dead, that was quick. ...HAH, psych, the big bad is actually THIS GUY~!" and both guys are tremendously fun in their tremendously different parts.

And I damn near achieved physical climax when Coulson's infinitely-discussed-but-never-seen cellist girlfriend was finally shown, and turned out to be Amy Acker. Because, of course that's who it would be, it's beyond-flawless casting. Somehow she even manages to perfectly match how she was described in the brief Paltrow/Gregg conversation in The Avengers years ago. Too bad she's only appeared in the one episode so far; but then again, Whedon-led projects REALLY love killing the living fuck out of Amy Acker, so maybe it's better to just imagine that she's living happily (if lonely) ever after, playing her cello and shit.

• Like 1

tumblr_nmntibBWIN1svgb0ro1_r1_400.gif

I had to talk about Daredevil, acclaimed by critics and audiences in longer detail. Daredevil is a bloody brilliant show for the stories told, the great ensemble cast with no weak links whatsoever, the fight chorography and the darker tone, much darker than anything else in the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

Put my thoughts down as they came to my head in spoiler tags to shorten things…

Marvel’s streak of great casting for their heroes continues with Charlie Cox as Matt Murdock, at least a top three placement in that category. Marvel Studios are hit and miss with their villains less the casting, more the lack of credibility. Vincent D’Onofrio has no problem with the latter as Wilson Fisk, the Kingpin. I’ve just remembered how I like his name isn’t to be spoken, doing so will bring harm to you. Indeed.

Most memorable dialogue exchanges:

Matt Murdock’s speech in confession to his Priest (Into the Ring, Ep1)

Foggy putting down Marci who works at the law firm where Murdock/Nelson once interned (World on Fire, Ep5)

The first talk between Murdock and Fisk over walkie-talkie (Condemned, Ep6)

Bill Fisk teaching his son violence which leads to Wilson Fisk telling Vanessa he wears his Dad’s cufflinks to remind him he’s not cruel for the sake of cruelty (Shadows in the Glass, Ep8)

Ben Ulrich challenging his editor wanting the Fisk exposure printed learning to be a whore from him (The Ones We Leave Behind, Ep12)

Matt breaking down in front of Karen saying a guy told him to do what he must, he needs to be alone but he doesn’t want to be (The Ones We Leave Behind, Ep12).

Wilson Fisk’s about the parable of the Good Samaritan while he’s travelling in police custody (Daredevil, Ep13).

If you take the first two episodes, Into the Ring and Cut Man showing them as a feature film, the origin would belong with Batman Begins (2005) and Iron Man (2008) as the best live action origin films. THAT one take hallway fight in Cut Man is amazing and the highlight of the fight scenes, all are well done but particularly this one. I also want to mention the final fight between Daredevil and Wilson Fisk (Daredevil, Ep13).

When watching Leland Owlsley’s first appearances, I knew I’d seen the actor somewhere and the penny then dropped, Bob Gunton who plays him was Warden Samuel Norton from The Shawshank Redemption. Not surprising then that he plays a great dick.

I was sorry to see James Wesley, Ben Ulrich and Leland Owlsley getting killed off as the respective actors playing the parts will be missed. You could always do a flashback showing how Wilson Fisk and James Wesley came to know one another like Murdock/Nelson (Nelson vs. Murdock, Ep10). Be good to see.

I’m going to miss that sweet black suit. Upon the reveal of the red costume, I was unsure about it. That's why I have two reactions when there's a comic book costume: the first when the still image is revealed and secondly in motion. I like the suit more having seen it in action. Main change I'd make is the mask all one colour, red.

Good that Wilson Fisk was brought down by the law/vigilante combination in Ep13, fittingly called Daredevil.

Perfect ending to the season. Wilson Fisk is in jail looking at a white wall like his childhood and what he said about a painting resembling that earlier in the series. Daredevil is listening out for help while on a building and when he hears a scream takes a step back before jumping at us. The music adds to the visuals as well.

Top ten episodes (a challenge) with a description in each:

1. Cut Man. Flashback to Matt stitching up Dad. Dad told to take dive but wins fight and gets murdered. Amazing Daredevil hallway fight to free kidnapped child. (Ep2)

2. Into the Ring. Flashback to Matt’s accident. Matt’s speech in confession. Daredevil saves Karen Page. Montage of what’s to come. (Ep1)

3. Shadows in the Glass. Wilson Fisk origin. Dad abusive to him and his Mum teaching violence. We learn why Fisk doesn’t like the painting in earlier episode. Wilson kills Dad, he and Mum cover it up. Fisk comes out into the open as savior of Hell’s Kitchen. (Ep8)

4. Daredevil. Fisk kills Owsley for fundraiser poisoning. Matt and Foggy reconcile. Corrupt cop from earlier episode leads to arrests including Wilson Fisk who busts out in transit with the Good Samaritan speech. Daredevil wears new suit and recaptures Fisk. (Ep13)

5. In the Blood. Other gangs complain about failing Russians, Anatoly and Vladimir Ranskahov who go after nurse Claire Temple, Murdock runs for her in civilian clothes. Daredevil frees her using the dark as an aid. Kingpin kills Anatoly for interrupting date with Vanessa. (Ep4)

6. World on Fire. We see how Matt does. Great speech by Foggy putting down Marcy where she works and he used to intern. Explosions of Russians readying attack on Fisk as the other brother finds out his brother was killed by Fisk. Cliffhanger with Daredevil caught by police. (Ep5)

7. Condemned. Aftermath to explosions with Daredevil and other brother. First talk by Daredevil and Wilson Fisk over walkie talkie. Daredevil blamed for bombings. Vladimir goes out shooting at pursuers so Daredevil can escape. (Ep7)

8. The Ones We Leave Behind. Fisk upset with Wesley’s passing. Ben Ulrich confrontation wanting to print Fisk expose but is fired. Murdock breaks down to KP as he was told you have to be alone to be effective but doesn’t want to be. Fisk is in Ulrich’s house while Ulrich rights Fisk piece for blog. Ulrich lies saying only he visited Fisk’s Mum. Fisk murders Ben. (Ep12)

9. Speak of the Devil. Theological discussion between Matt and his priest, Father Lantom. Matt/Karen/Foggy/Ben struggle for leads to Fisk. Tenant Elena they have been helping murdered. Episode jumps between before Daredevil’s fight with Nobu and back to it. Daredevil kills Nobu and is nearly killed by Fisk. Foggy finds out who Daredevil really is having gone to Matt’s apartment and heard noises (Ep9)

10. Nelson V Murdock. Flashback to Matt/Foggy first meeting, at University and interning. Daredevil’s first case beating up a father abusing his child. Karen tricks Ben to nursing home to interview Fisk’s Mum. People collapse at Fisk fundraiser. (Ep10)

The day I finished Daredevil, I wake up to the news the day after that a second season is announced. I’m guessing the universal acclaim has led to a second season this fast. I thought the other Netflix shows would happen first. So soon a turnaround is a concern, the other is the showrunner from the first season, Steven S. DeKnight won't be returning. DeKnight did say the new showrunners, Doug Petrie and Marco Ramirez were invaluable contributors during the first season. There’ll be pressure on the second season with how brilliant the first series is. In 2016 we’ll have …Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice, Captain America: Civil War, Daredevil Season Two, X-Men: Apocalypse, Doctor Strange, Deadpool, Suicide Squad and Gambit. Loaded!

In my short review of Daredevil having watched the last four episodes, I said TV and films are different mediums so can you compare this to the MCU films? I did. Daredevil is in the Premier League of Marvel Studios productions with Avengers Assemble, Captain America: The Winter Soldier and Iron Man. Hell, it’s the best. I’d also say it’s one of the greatest comic book adaptations ever as well.

• Like 2

Malware warning on that link, beware.

Kinda weird to think of a guy barely any older than myself playing the Punisher, since he's supposed to be a Vietnam veteran and everything. (Hell, why not just get it over with and have Liam Neeson play him already?) But still, it's motherfucking Shane from Walking Dead, and I can totally buy that guy as a murder-obsessed vigilante.

• Like 1