DVDVR Message Board

NBA - 2014-15 Regular Season - 1st Half

Dolfan in NYC

Normally I would suggest intentionally watching bad basketball. This Sixers and Pistons overtime was something special though. Starts at 1 hour 43 minute mark. Good way to kill 5 minutes and feel good about your own team.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2c1ov8_philadelphia-76ers-vs-detroit-pistons-december-06-2014_sport

• Like 1

Normally I would suggest intentionally watching bad basketball. This Sixers and Pistons overtime was something special though. Starts at 1 hour 43 minute mark. Good way to kill 5 minutes and feel good about your own team.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2c1ov8_philadelphia-76ers-vs-detroit-pistons-december-06-2014_sport

But that IS my team.

*sobs

Dererk Rose looked like a pile of hot garbage. He had what, 15 pull up threes with no chance of going in. He was playing like the guy in pickup who played a little D3 ball 10 years ago and thinks he is a superstar. You keep picking him for your team, because you think he should be the best guy out there and you lose every time (I may have gone 0-4 today in pickup)

• Like 2

Rose actually made that game interesting after the awful start by da Bulls.  He scored a bunch of straight points against Curry to cut the lead in the 1st. He pretty much stopped driving after that and didn't score again.  It was definitely his worst game of the season.

He can't be what he once was until he starts throwing his body at the basket. You see that in flashes, but he's not there yet.  I feel pretty confident that he will improve throughout the year.

Curry (and most of the league) still can't stay in front of him.  It's why Bulls fans get so frustrated when he takes so many 3s, but I think it will all even out when starts trusting his body.

Rose was a huge reason why the game was even close in the third. He created space for everyone, and a lot of Pau and Noah's points came off of Noah creating space for them. There was one great moment where he was wide open for a three, someone passed him the ball, and before he took the shot he realized the better shooter, Dunleavy was open too so Rose fed it to the better bet and we scored. Him taking extended minutes to rest kills our rhythm. By the time Pau got back in Pau was way off too. I'm confident that my team gets better as the year goes on.

All that being said, I don't think there's anyone who can miss a goddamn shot on that Golden State team. It's sickening.

That Celts/Wizards game was wild. It might be the best game of the year (even beyond the Chicago thriller from the other night).

Wizards were up 23 in the second half. Celtics came back. Celts were up by 7 in the first overtime before Washington tied it. Then the Celts were up by 7 again in Double OT before the Wizards stole the win. John Wall went nuts in the second OT.

AK is getting flipped, along with a 2nd-rounder, to the 76ers.  Sixers are going to waive him because, you know, why not?

If, as reported, the Nets are looking to get quality players back in these trades they are probably boned.

• Like 1