DVDVR Message Board

2014 NCAAF: Week 9

Dolfan in NYC

Or you attended a Division I school that took its academics/athletics balance more seriously than most.

So a non-Power 5 school?

Basketball mid-major (Bradley, MVC). I was a team manager for two years when Jim Molinari came in... let's just say the academic standards were night and day from the Stan Albeck days. Mo had zero tolerance for players sand-bagging in class- I think our players had a 95% grad rate while he was in charge, and this was with at least one dude with a double major in ENGINEERING of all things. Didn't hurt at all that we got really good once the players figured out his defensive schemes.

I feel like Brandon Bridge out of South Alabama is going to be a hot prospect at QB this draft cycle. Huge arm. Not saying it's as big as Jamarcus Russell's, but the ball looks exactly the same coming out of his hand. A flick of the wrist goes like 50 yards.

I feel like Brandon Bridge out of South Alabama is going to be a hot prospect at QB this draft cycle. Huge arm. Not saying it's as big as Jamarcus Russell's, but the ball looks exactly the same coming out of his hand. A flick of the wrist goes like 50 yards.

As long as he doesn't like purple drank. . . 

Michigan State did themselves no favors today. Their offense didn't do much of anything all day, despite having the ball the entire game. They essentially scored 21 points. You wanna make a claim for the playoff, you gotta score 50+ against a team as incompetent as Michigan.

Give Michigan's defense credit. They played really well with no help at all from their offense.

Michigan's offense is beyond atrocious. Gardner is just awful. And when he does hit a receiver, they drop it. And forget having a running game.

Brady Hoke most definitely sealed his fate today.

I've been saying a while now that Ole Miss' lack of a run game was going to come back to bite them at some point. I can't think of the last team that played for the SEC title without the ability to run the ball consistently. The defenses are just too good, and inevitably you play one of these sorts of games where the flashy stuff isn't working and you just have to man up and out physical your opponent. Ole Miss just doesn't have that, and it got em tonight.

That was the anti-Les Miles there. If Les was the coach, the QB would have thrown the ball away and left them 1 second for the FG. That was a real strange combo of decisions from Hugh & Bo. Just kick the FG and also maybe don't take the delay of game.

Also, pretty classless game from Bo. The head-butt and leaving the sidelines before the game was over. That was Bad Bo tonight.

Just saw the TCU score. Holy SHIT.

Did Patterson at least buy them dinner before violating them like that?

Seen next to the Tech locker room:

9374515_1_zps15b1bd84.jpg

And just for Brian:

Mich. Daily Sports @theblockm

RT if you want us to keep tweeting this game. Favorite if you'd rather we just stop.

• Like 2