DVDVR Message Board

NXT Take over

DJ Hero Morganti

Come on guys, only post stuff that appeals to Rovert's higher form of message board discussion.  His opinions are unrefutible facts after all, and I eagerly thank him for saving us unwashed masses.

• Like 4

re: how NXT is a step-up from FCW, Dean Ambrose has a great line in this interview (cheers to Bald Bombshell in the TNA thread for the heads up on this site)

http://www.alternativenation.net/dean-ambrose-interview

"When it comes to KENTA, I saw him in Japan and talked to him a little bit. Him coming in just shows you the difference in the Performance Center. When I came in it was a totally different story than what it is today. I slipped in the back door of developmental, the only guy I was even vaguely familiar with was Seth [Rollins], and I never wrestled him before. I may have crossed paths and maybe said hello to him once or twice over the years, but we were in different circles. We were always kind of on parallel paths on the indies, so I never really crossed paths with him much. But he was the only guy I had even remotely heard of, it was just a bunch of other guys. For instance, to give you perspective, the top guy in developmental when I got there was Lucky Cannon. If you don’t know [him], just Google it. That will show you the difference in the talent that is in developmental now."

• Like 1

Come on guys, only post stuff that appeals to Rovert's higher form of message board discussion.  His opinions are unrefutible facts after all, and I eagerly thank him for saving us unwashed masses.

Where have I ever stated that my opinions were irrefutable? The reason why I post on a forum is to test them and learn from others. I would just like for the NXT thread to talk about NXT. Maybe a massive ask these days on here. It shouldn't be seen as a higher form of message discussion should be a very basic standard.

Stop shitting up the thread with modern DVDRness and just talk about NXT.

Hey, cut out the DVDVR bashing. If you don't like it you can amass a cult somewhere else.

Wouldn't need to bash if there wasn't so much off topic conversation of the worthless variety.

re: how NXT is a step-up from FCW, Dean Ambrose has a great line in this interview

It is a shame that some online (a decreasing few) can't move on from FCW. Things really have changed. Remember all the DUIs in FCW?

Didn't sound like a serious question. Just a snarky reply.

I didn't where to begin with the " I tried to get into puro" thing like it is one style of Wrestling or something. Ok you don't like high flying or "Puro".  I wouldn't have replied to you initially if I thought I would get this odd close minded malarky back. Like I already said wow this board has changed a lot over of the years.

You tried to get into Puro but never watched a Kenta match.   :huh:

You see the problem here is you are projecting the persona you are trying to portray on this board onto others. The snarkiness began with you posting that condescending "WOW!" comment followed by your second comment too, as if you are a barometer of taste. Again you resort to your high horse and misinterpret simple communication in this quoted post. You have no idea what I've watched or what my likes and dislikes are, or how much spare time I have to engage in an activity to satisfy a narcissistic member on a pro wrestling message board.

You could have stopped a second, stepped back and chose to engage in normative human conversation. But then you wouldn't be a dickhead.  :D

Nope not watching a KENTA match is worth a wow! to be honest especially when you are claiming you have tried to get into "Puro". Also you did list some of your dislikes.

What an over explanation/tantrum on your part. You are an online Wrestling fan posting on this forum of all places. Sorry but my shock is warranted. Has nothing to do with snarkiness, condescension, being barometer of taste, being on my high horse or being narcissistic or engaging normative human conversation or whatever term you want to fit into your odd over written post. KENTA was one of the absolute best Wrestlers of the last decade. Never seeing one of his matches is in fact pass remarkable. Sorry if that hurts you feelings.

I haven't watched a KENTA match either.  If I can't understand what angry kids and grandmothers are shouting at the heels as they come out to the ring, then I'm just not interested.  

Wouldn't need to bash if there wasn't so much off topic conversation of the worthless variety.

Then let's set an example by talking about NXT instead of dwelling on what other people choose to talk about. Also, if you think people need to see KENTA, direct 'em to some KENTA so they can get acquainted. 

I'm encouraged that people who haven't seen KENTA before saw him being a badass right off the top. He's got amazing charisma. 

I'm wondering where they go with the tag belts. I'm almost sure the Vaudevillains are going to get them at some point soon, but maybe not. I'm also interested to see if Neville just turns outright heel and drops the NXT Championship to Zayn, which I sense will happen after seeing the post-show. 

Then let's set an example by talking about NXT instead of dwelling on what other people choose to talk about.

I do it all the time. Check out the old NXT thread.

Are you still thinking/hearing that Sasha Banks will be headed to RAW/Smackdown in the next callup? I thought that they were going to put the gold on Bayley just to get a Charlotte/Sasha Loser Leaves NXT match set up, but there are still a number of ways they could go to get there. 

Then let's set an example by talking about NXT instead of dwelling on what other people choose to talk about.

I do it all the time. Check out the old NXT thread.

Are you still thinking/hearing that Sasha Banks will be headed to RAW/Smackdown in the next callup? I thought that they were going to put the gold on Bayley just to get a Charlotte/Sasha Loser Leaves NXT match set up, but there are still a number of ways they could go to get there.

Probably better suited to this thread:

http://deathvalleydriver.com/forum/index.php?/topic/2659-nxt-season-8-thread/

Plans seem to have changed since they changed the lead writer and WWE quasi calling people up. Going by the spoilers whatever it is it is a slow burn.

You guys can be so fucking lazy sometimes. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iqeLAuAJvBM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZqXdJhuW3Y

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2MlbBwzy67s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=leTJ-IYrPQI

I'm guessing on that last one but I like Nakajima and would rather show somebody that instead of, say, a Marufuji match. If you don't like the sheer old-fashioned heel dickishness in the SUWA match then there's no hope for you. Seriously, if you only watch one, watch that.

• Like 1

I would suggest anything in which KENTA goes against Takayama. Their singles are short, so those who aren't puronerds don't have suffer long. They bring lots of hate too. AND I think it'll give everyone a teaser for what to expect when KENTA goes up against larger wrestlers in the WWE.

He's one of those guys that isn't big, but acts like 10 feet tall and made of adamantium. I think he's got a shot at a decent career in the states, and I haven't been this excited about a wrestler making it since Daniel Bryan, and it might even be more so.

• Like 2

He's one of those guys that isn't big, but acts like 10 feet tall and made of adamantium. I think he's got a shot at a decent career in the states, and I haven't been this excited about a wrestler making it since Daniel Bryan, and it might even be more so.

In what we have already seen in WWE he has that type of charisma Tajiri and Akira Tozawa. Playful asskicker rather than this stoic dull as dishwater type. To put it another way Kenta doesn't NEED a manager.

I haven't watched a KENTA match either.  If I can't understand what angry kids and grandmothers are shouting at the heels as they come out to the ring, then I'm just not interested.

You think KENTA has only Wrestled in Japan?

Oh God, who wants to watch ROH?! Ugh.  I'd rather watch TNA.

You think KENTA has only Wrestled in Japan?

Oh God, who wants to watch ROH?! Ugh.  I'd rather watch TNA.

That was a joke...right? KENTA in ROH circa 2005/2006 was great. TNA on the other hand...