DVDVR Message Board

TNA ONE NIGHT ONLY: RIVALS Taping

RIPPA

I rely on DreamBroken to post the taping results so I am a little sad I have to do it. And I just using the tags due to size.

Anyway...

- TNA taped their One Night Only: Rivals pay-per-view on Saturday night in Roanoke Rapids, North Carolina. No word yet on when it will air. Thanks to Ricky Branch for the following results:

* Rockstar Spud defeated Sonjay Dutt with a low blow.

* James Storm defeated Mr. Anderson with help from Sanada.

* Angelina Love beat Madison Rayne by cheating.

* Kenny King defeated Sanada, DJ Zema Ion and Samoa Joe in an elimination match. King got the win after Sanada sprayed mist in Joe’s eyes.

* Eric Young defeated Abyss in a Monster’s Ball match.

* Bram defeated Gunner.

* A group of heel British Bootcamp 2 contestants, managed by Angelina Love, defeated a group of babyface contestants, led by Al Snow.

* Ethan Carter III defeated Austin Aries with help from Spud. Aries laid out Spud after the match.

* Taryn Terrell defeated Gail Kim in a must see match.

* Bobby Roode defeated MVP by DQ when Kenny King interfered. Eric Young made the save, leading to…

* King and MVP defeated Roode and Young. Great tag match.

* Jeff Hardy defeated Magnus in a very good main event.

And then this one has a little more details

Sonjay Dutt vs. Rockstar Stud

Rockstar Stud defeated Sonjay after a kick to the nuts behind the referee's back.

Angelina Love vs. Madison Rayne

Angelina Love defeated Madison Rayne with a rollup and a handful of tights.

Mr. Anderson vs. James Storm

James Storm defeated Mr. Anderson with a Superkick after The Great Sanada kicked Anderson in the head behind the referee's back.

X-Division Elimination Match: DJ Z vs. Kenny King vs. Great Sanada vs. Samoa Joe

Kenny King defeated Samoa Joe after Joe eliminated both DJ Z and Sanada. Sanada stuck around after he was eliminated and sprayed with with Mist and allowed King to pick up the win.

Monster's Ball Match: Eric Young vs. Abyss

Eric Young defeated Abyss with a Top Rope Elbow. The match features Tables, Chairs, a Hockey Stick, a Cheese Grater, and an appearance from Janice.

EC3 with Rockstar Stud vs. Austin Aries

EC3 defeated Aries when Stud held down Aries feet on the outside as EC3 pinned him. Stud ate a Brainbuster after the match.

Bram vs. Gunner

Bram defeated Gunner.

British Boot Camp Match.

A team of heels lead by Angelina Love defeated a team of faces lead by Al Snow in an Intergender 8 Man Tag Match.

Gail Kim vs. Taryn Terrell.

Taryn defeated Gail Kim in the Match of the Night after hitting Gail with 2 RKOs.

Bobby Roode vs. MVP

Bobby Roode defeated MVP via DQ after Kenny King interfered. Eric Young made the save and challenged MVP and King to a Tag Team Match.....

Kenny King and MVP vs. Bobby Roode and Eric Young.

Kenny King and MVP defeated Bobby Roode and Eric Young after MVP hit Young with the Drive By.

Jeff Hardy vs. Magnus

Jeff Hardy defeated Magnus with a Swanton Bomb. Jeff Hardy got the pop of the night while Magnus got the most heat, likely because he was the one facing Jeff. 

It seems like it is another match up of "big" TNA feuds. But all of the feuds are from the last year.

And then there are just some random matches added on.

Though didnt they do something similiar with one of the earlier taped PPVs. And that one seemed to have all the "historical" TNA feuds.

I guess it is tougher to do that when the majority of guys no longer work for the company.

My apologies, I honestly wasn't sure these were interesting enough for it's own thread compared to some of the other One Night Onlys that had at least something special to it. Re-reading it through, I am glad to hear there was another stand out Gail/Taryn match.

But here's the results to TNA One Night Only: Turning Point to go along, which was taped the night before Rivals and isn't a whole lot different.

*DJ Z def. Sonjay Dutt with the 450 Splash in a match taped for Xplosion

*Samoa Joe def. Kenny King after the Muscle Buster

*The Great Sanada def. Austin Aries after interference from James Storm

*Gail Kim def. Angelina Love & Madison Rayne

*Gunner & Mr. Anderson def. Ethan Carter III & Rockstar Spud when Gunner pinned Spud after EC3 walked out.

*Eric Young def. Magnus after the Piledriver

*Bram def. Abyss in a Monster's Ball Match

*Bobby Roode def. James Storm after the Roode Bomb

*Jeff Hardy def. MVP after the Swanton

Abyss/Joseph Park has the most appearances and most wins with 16 wins out of 38 appearances according to this...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monster%27s_Ball_match

1.  They've done a lot more of these train wrecks than I thought there'd be.  Although, whoever put this together counted house shows.

2.  Whoever put this together has way too much time on their hands.

3.  Remember when they'd sequester and starve the participants for 24 hours before the match?  That's why Abyss was the most successful.  He was the fattest so he had the bigger fuel reserve going in.

3.  Remember when they'd sequester and starve the participants for 24 hours before the match?  That's why Abyss was the most successful.  He was the fattest so he had the bigger fuel reserve going in.

By that logic, they should bring in Chris Hero as the new master of the Monster's Ball match.

HA!  BECAUSE HE'S...*mic drop, walk away*

• Like 1

Considering his record in them - Abyss should probably stop accepting Monster's Ball matches

I was thinking the same thing.  He is Kevin Sullivan-esque in his ability to challenge opponants to specialty matches in which he loses soundly.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Dutt/Spud not on the PPV.  Same taping.  Ring on a stage, theater-style.  I want to say Angelina Love/Madison Rayne aired on Xplosion as well but it's also on the PPV.

Starts off well with a good match with babyface Taryn Terrell chucking babyface Gail Kim off the stage and babyface Gail Kim responding by attempting to tear babyface Taryn Terrell's knee apart with the ringpost figure four.

Then it all goes downhill with an old video package of babyface Ken Anderson challenging heel James Storm to a drinking contest and cheating by drinking non-alcoholic beer and attacking drunk heel James Storm.  Then babyface Ken Anderson made fun of James Storm by dressing like a cowboy so heel James Storm just walked into the ring and straight up kicked his ass.

Then Anderson came out for the match and my eyes immediately glazed over and they had a match and I don't remember any of it other than the finish but I do remember Taz and Tenay babbling about football trivia for the next two and a half hours.  Those two are just stealing money every time they do one of these.

I never want to see Abyss vs. EY ever again.  At least it wasn't Bram vs. Abyss again.  I feel like I've seen those two match-ups a hundred times already.  Abyss told EY he was lucky that this was a regular match and not a Monster's Ball so it became a Monster's Ball.  I can understand chairs, tables, and garbage cans being under the ring but why is there always a Singapore cane and cheese grater under there?  Abyss' stupid board full of nails was under there too for this impromptu Monster's Ball match.

MVP yelled at another little girl.  This one didn't back down from him at all.

Nothing really of note on this show.  Standard fare for TNA.  The wrestling for the most part was fine.  The commentary was complete garbage.  The crowd was easy and it looked packed when Hardy went running through the theater.  They should run North Carolina more often.

• Like 1