DVDVR Message Board

2014 NCAAF: Week 1

Dolfan in NYC

And who knows with Michigan - Fowler?  I don't think anyone has any faith in Hoke, but their schedule really isn't tough after going to Notre Dame in Week 2.  So, theoretically, you could see any of those 4 teams in the hunt for the title game with 1 loss (or less).

All I really need to know about Michigan is that they have a young offensive line, and their new OC only knows one pass play: three verticals.

Last year, they had an All-American at LT and couldn't run the ball left.  

Michigan's gonna struggle and Brady's gonna be on a really, really hot seat come 2015.

And who knows with Michigan - Fowler? I don't think anyone has any faith in Hoke, but their schedule really isn't tough after going to Notre Dame in Week 2. So, theoretically, you could see any of those 4 teams in the hunt for the title game with 1 loss (or less).

All I really need to know about Michigan is that they have a young offensive line, and their new OC only knows one pass play: three verticals.

So he came from the EA Sports School of Coaching

And who knows with Michigan - Fowler?  I don't think anyone has any faith in Hoke, but their schedule really isn't tough after going to Notre Dame in Week 2.  So, theoretically, you could see any of those 4 teams in the hunt for the title game with 1 loss (or less).

Good thing Funchess(sp?) moved from TE to WR or he'd never see the ball...

I know the OBC has been building for a decade, bit I still can't wrap my head around South Carolina being the trendy favorite in the East.

I can't wrap my head around how people still think Spurrier is a QB/offensive genius when the quarterback play at South Carolina has been pretty darn mediocre since he got there and their offense seems to be inconsistent during his tenure.  They scored 70 against Coastal Carolina last year and barely 30 against everybody else.  That's hardly terrible but it's not exactly Baylor either.

I'd be a lot more excited if I wasn't expecting to watch South Carolina rush for 970897345 yards against my Aggies tonight.

Apparently A&M now has the exact opposite problem: can't cover anybody more than 10 yards downfield.

I'd be a lot more excited if I wasn't expecting to watch South Carolina rush for 970897345 yards against my Aggies tonight.

Apparently A&M now has the exact opposite problem: can't cover anybody more than 10 yards downfield.

That's been a longterm problem - A&M has been unusually susceptible to deep throws over the middle going back at least to Sherman's tenure.  Usually it's from terrible safeties.  I still have nightmares about watching Howard Mathews trying to cover the wheel route last year vs Auburn.  Tonight it's Everett being more useless than normal.  At least the run defense looks like it might be better than last year.  Rice looked better against the run defense in the opener last year than South Carolina has so far.

This game is a classic example of Spurrier being his own worst enemy. Comes into the game set up to have one of the top rushing attacks in the league...and all he wants to do is throw bombs. He's good to do that one or two games every year.

But not as pitiful as South Carolina's defense! I knew they were going to struggle a bit due to all their losses on that side of the ball, but they look totally clueless out there. Some of the worst defense I've seen.

People are going to overreact about Kenny Hill. A&M looked solid against a really bad SC team.

You can tell that Spurrier realized he had nothing when his only offensive playcalling was comparable of that of an overmatched Madden player. Just through the deep ball and pray someone catches it.