DVDVR Message Board

2014 NCAAF: Week 1

Dolfan in NYC

Apparently, Tennesse's 3rd down defense theme is Turn Down For What.

Turn Down For What. Every. Third. Down.

I anticipate a high number of season ticket holder suicides this year. I mean, way more than average for Tennessee football.

David Ash got another concussion in Texas' game Saturday.  This was his first game back after getting two back to back ended his season early last year.  It looks like he's getting to the point where he really needs to hang it up before his brain gets scrambled permanently.

Baylor QB Bryce Petty cracked two vertebrae last night and is day to day. How cracked vertebrae equates to day to day I do not understand They really don't have to have Petty start for three more weeks (NW St, @Buffalo, @Iowa St) before they travel to Austin October 4th. The defense should be able to will them to a 4-0 start if last night was any indication.

The helmets are a U-bomination. Maybe I'm overreacting but for the entire life of my fandom, it's always been white helmets with an orange and green U on it. Simple, identifiable, perfect. The jersey refurb is another issue but I hate that Nike needed to screw with something that didn't need to be fixed.

I know I said this about FSU the other night but it bears repeating: Miami now looks like a Chinese knockoff of Miami.

I completely agree with Josh, I do not like these companies changing helmets. I don't even like throwback helmets in the NFL (except for the GIANTS whose helmets were better during the LT years). Camouflage uniforms can burn in Hell.

Tell me that helmet is just a one week thing and not something they plan on trotting out all season.

It might just be the TV I'm watching on, but when they go to the wide shot, I can barely even make out the U. Horrible. They could just as easily be Eastern Michigan.

I completely agree with Josh, I do not like these companies changing helmets. I don't even like throwback helmets in the NFL (except for the GIANTS whose helmets were better during the LT years). Camouflage uniforms can burn in Hell.

I would say the Patriots throwback helmet is definitively better than their real helmet.

But generally I think this alternate jesersey/helmet nonsense has been so completely overdone I'm just done with it.

• Like 1

What I can't figure out is how SMU got Deion Sanders son. I would think that some major college would have given him a shot unless there has been some really shady shit going on

Deion may be part off it, but it's mostly that he's really not that good from the HS tape I saw of him before he announced.

The helmets are a U-bomination. Maybe I'm overreacting but for the entire life of my fandom, it's always been white helmets with an orange and green U on it. Simple, identifiable, perfect. The jersey refurb is another issue but I hate that Nike needed to screw with something that didn't need to be fixed.

I know I said this about FSU the other night but it bears repeating: Miami now looks like a Chinese knockoff of Miami.

I just cracked up picturing some school using a pair of gloves forming their logo as a helmet logo.

I got to enjoy a dominating Longhorns defensive performance in person on Saturday. That was nice. The last couple of days have been pretty awful, though. David Ash really needs to hang them up, for his future. We also lost our most experienced O-lineman, which means on Saturday against BYU we're playing a new QB (true soph who was being discussed for a future position change) and new center (redshirt freshman who really could've used a full year at backup). Our biggest game-breaker threat is also still suspended.