DVDVR Message Board

2014 WORLD CUP THREAD

RIPPA

I was getting a weird technical glitch that kept me out of the board all day. Like most tech problems I ignored it until it fixed itself.

Anyway, I have watched every Olympics since '88, NHL, NFL, CFL, pro soccer, baseball, golf, NASCAR, F-1, cricket, NBA, boxing, MMA, poker, pro Starcraft, pro Halo, darts, curling, marbles, Magic: The Gathering, hot dog eating contests, greyhound racing, horse racing, rabbit racing, snail racing, British people rolling themselves down a hill chasing a cheese log.

I have never seen anything quite like that first half.

• Like 1

tvl6ulela15bniqamphf.gif

I'm sure the Braziilian Lionel Hutz has already contacted this woman and is drafting up her multi-million dollar lawsuit against ESPN Deportes as we speak.

Hosting the World Cup: $14 billion.

New and refurbished stadiums: $3.6 billion.

Having your sense of worth and self obliterated on a global scale: priceless.

• Like 5

Hosting the World Cup: $14 billion.

New and refurbished stadiums: $3.6 billion.

Having your sense of worth and self obliterated on a global scale: priceless.

Don't forget about the billions that'll be spent rebuilding their cities after tonight.
  • Like 1

I'm sure the Braziilian Lionel Hutz has already contacted this woman and is drafting up her multi-million dollar lawsuit against ESPN Deportes as we speak.

I just finished reading a book on torture and 1 of the 4 predicate acts is described as resulting in "severe mental pain or suffering".  I think this qualifies.

Yeah - I also enjoy that this should shut up all the people who were all THE US SHOULD HAVE ATTACKED! ATTACKED! ATTACKED! GERMANY!!!!

Good Lord - I don't know if the scoreboard could have handled that carnage

I get that Müller would throw a tantrum if Löw takes him off, but they're risking his health right now.

Love the way Scolari's still standinf there like the right instructions might turn this one around.