DVDVR Message Board

SON OF A~!

jaedmc

Yeah, you both tweet about as much as often as Malick releases a movie.

Really? I feel as I tweet too often already. But if you insist... Get ready for dick pics everyone!!!

ban plz

• Like 1

Not gonna give a brand name here, because they don't deserve it.

Bought a piece of music equipment. Needed it by sunday. Ordered it wednesday, with next day shipping, thinking they'll file it on friday and it'll be here on saturday!

Yeah they filed it 20 minutes ago. so it's gonna be here on monday. So I'm SOL on what I needed it for. I could have bussed up to LA from Sandy Eggo, bought it, slept on the streets tonight, and bussed back the next day, and would have gotten it on the day I friggin wanted it. extra shipping charge for no fuckin' reason.

so yeah, not gonna give their store name. If you need music or recording equipment, go to B&H Photo Video or American Musical Supply and not bootsy bullshit shops.

I'm inconsistent on Twitter.  If it's an indy show night, I'm tweeting results.  Some Mondays I'll tweet a bunch about Raw, others I won't be feeling it.  I'll plug comedy shows (particularly if I'm performing).  I'd say I'm a relatively safe follow.

So.. the arthritis is winning the battle. After physical therapy on friday, even today my pain level is like a constant 4, spiking to 6-7 when I strain the leg. Dunno if I overdid it on friday in the pool, but the pain/weakness in the hips is bad enough that I spent 25 minutes, no joke, trying to get out of a deep/comfortable chair last night.

No joke, my mood is at an all time low.. keep wondering if I'm EVER gonna be better. (Cheer up, Emo Fozzie, huh?)

Fozzie:

If your doctor isn't giving you decent pain meds, get a different doctor. My back is in such a state that my old doc said it hurt just to look at the x-ray. I take about 120mgs of oxy per day and that keeps the pain down to a 1 or 2. No one should have to walk around enduring a constant 4.

Fozzie:

If your doctor isn't giving you decent pain meds, get a different doctor. My back is in such a state that my old doc said it hurt just to look at the x-ray. I take about 120mgs of oxy per day and that keeps the pain down to a 1 or 2. No one should have to walk around enduring a constant 4.

Right now it's advil only.. They are trying pt and possibly a cortisone shot.. But yeah.. I get my exercise from tossing and turning.. Trying to find a position that will let me sleep

My apartment building caught on fire. Some neighbors were cooking dope.

Thankfully nobody was hurt and I am personally grateful it never reached me. But a lot of neighbors are homeless thru no fault of their own. Keep them in your thoughts. 

Don't do meth, kids.  It ends with your life down the sh*tter.

Sorry about your neighbors. :(

The red cross came thru and put them up in hotels. I have never been more grateful for fire men. 

I know the people who caused the fire. I ran into them at the store and they appeared to still be high. Part of me does feel bad for them because they are going to crash hard.

Fozzie:

What John said.

And yeah, after many years I think this is actually curtains for my relationship.  We are talking to our realtor about how we can try to recover our deposits for the townhouse we were building and terminate the contract.

I was really looking forward to trying to build a home for my kid (it is time to graduate from the apartment) and repair my ties with my now ex-girlfriend. I guess that's not going to happen.

What happens to a dream deferred? :(

Feeling going in and out of my left arm. Doctor says is a result of years of football. Start expensive therapy after holidays. Thank the Deity of your own choosing insurance is knocking out a BIG portion of it. Still scary.

Big Fresh: You may do poorly with high-level recruiters when job searching... My opening question to all candidates was "Can you bake a cake?" I'd get responses such as "I'm an electrical engineer, why would you care if I can bake a cake?" "Simple, if you can it means that you are able to follow directions, if you can't it means that you cannot or will not and in either case, I won't waste time presenting you to clients..." That one question saved me hours of interviews.

Big Fresh: You may do poorly with high-level recruiters when job searching... My opening question to all candidates was "Can you bake a cake?" I'd get responses such as "I'm an electrical engineer, why would you care if I can bake a cake?" "Simple, if you can it means that you are able to follow directions, if you can't it means that you cannot or will not and in either case, I won't waste time presenting you to clients..." That one question saved me hours of interviews.

What if the answer was "I could, but never have because I've just never had the urge to bake one." 

That would be my answer.  I am quite confident I could follow the directions to do so, but there's never been an occasion when I've wanted to bake myself one.  Or one for anyone else, for that matter. 

Either way, I prefer that type of question on a job interview over the pre-packaged nonsense questions. 

My favorite opening question is, "What's your favorite song for karaoke?"

The ones who get thrown by that are the people who, when you give them something they haven't prepared for, stumble and stammer, because A, they're in the mindset of trying to give me the answer they think I want rather than just telling me about themselves, and B, they're not quick enough on their feet to come back with a quick answer.

Who tells the truth at a job interview???

ITS LAUNDRY. Do you drive yourself to work? Can you remember to breathe without being told? Then your can do laundry.

When the machine has more than one dial, I get confused.

Also, I'm joking, ya fuck. But I really can't make a souffle.

My immediate answer would be "Do I look like a man who does karaoke?"

My favorite opening question is, "What's your favorite song for karaoke?"

The ones who get thrown by that are the people who, when you give them something they haven't prepared for, stumble and stammer, because A, they're in the mindset of trying to give me the answer they think I want rather than just telling me about themselves, and B, they're not quick enough on their feet to come back with a quick answer.