DVDVR Message Board

MLB 2014: JULY

Dolfan in NYC

I think 1K would get him in, Harmon Killebrew only had a .256 average and got in.  I mean I realize Dunn's is a lot worse than that, but I think if he made it to 600 he'd get in.  People love home runs.  Dunn really isn't that good though.

Obviously a completely different era.  Still, Dunn's best batting average in a full season was his .267 in 2009 with Washington.  Killebrew topped that figure times in a significantly harder era.  

I get that batting average is not a great measure of a hitter's worth but it DOES still matter.  And there's just not a chance in the world that a guy with a .238 career average, which includes a full season where he was in Ray Oyler territory at .159, gets into the HOF.  Absolutely none.  Oh, he'll get votes because he's hit a million home runs.  But...no.

In 2012, Adam Dunn either whiffed, walked, or homered 57% of the time.  That's just...remarkable.  He K'ed 34% of the time alone.

Brandon McCarthy is quickly winning me over

Brandon McCarthy ‏@BMcCarthy32  16m

*Kramer's moviefone voice* "well why don't you just tell me what number isn't retired"
  • Like 1

Brandon McCarthy is quickly winning me over

Brandon McCarthy ‏@BMcCarthy32  16m

*Kramer's moviefone voice* "well why don't you just tell me what number isn't retired"

Honest question, I thought it was a mortal lock that 6 would be retired when Torre left. But since there was such bad blood when he left, do you think it will happen?   I mean, it's not like the Yankees went out and handed someone a #6 uniform, but I really thought it would have happened by now. 

Mad Max dominant as the Tigers beat the Dodgers for the second straight night.  Scherzer has been excellent in 4 straight starts and 5 of his last 6.  Now if we could just get Verlander back to being himself...

Fun Dodger/Tiger stats:

Justin Verlander is 14-0 in 15 starts against NL teams after beating the Dodgers yesterday.

Matt Kemp is 0-21 against Scherzer after going 0-4 with 3Ks today.

MOLINA NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is it too late to sub in Tim Krul?????? 

Yadi will be back.  He'll be like the John Cena of baseball.  Anyway, we're the Best Fans in Baseball, dammit!  We have no time for these outlander concepts like doctors and whatnot.  We'll heal his thumb in a mere 4-6 weeks solely through our love, respect, classiness, and tradition.

ANTHONY RIZZO MOTHERFUCKERS!

This season has kinda sucked, but this may be the very best day of the season for the Cubs. Rizzo gets the final spot for the NL in the ASG, Rizzo also confronts the entire Reds dugout for being little bitches, Mendy Alcantara goes 4 for 5, the landmark commission unanimously approves of the Cubs renovating the ballpark and work begins Monday (I think...), Chapman talks a bunch of shit and goes headhunting hurling 100 mph fastballs, and three innings later the Reds lose.

Having more experience with Cardinal fans then anyone else here, I'm not even sure if you are joking or not.

APPRECIATION is the best medicine!!!!!

EVERYONE STAND UP AND SLOWLY APPLAUD A GROUND BALL TO THE RIGHT SIDE OF THE INFIELD THAT ADVANCES A RUNNER TO THIRD!!!!