DVDVR Message Board

TNA Impact Wrestling Spoilers for 8/7

*Taped for Xplosion: Madison Rayne def. Brittany

TNA Impact Wrestling - Airing August 7, 2014 from New York City

*MVP, Lashley, & Kenny King came to the ring. MVP declared there was no one left for Lashley to beat. Bobby Roode interrupted and went back and forth on the mic with MVP. They eventually attack Roode until Eric Young & Austin Aries make the save.

*Bram def. Abyss after hitting him with Janice in a Monster's Ball match that included thumbtacks, a barbed wire board, and interference from Magnus.

*DJ Z & The BroMans def. Gunner, Mr. Anderson, & Samuel Shaw when Robbie pinned Anderson via rollup with tights pulled. After the match, Anderson is upset with Shaw and walks out.

*The Beautiful People come to the ring for a promo. Angelina said she doesn't care that they broke up Gail/Taryn III, she wants her title back now. Taryn Terrell came out and told Angelina that she stole her chance to be champion. Angelina said there's a pecking order so she can go home and tell her baby that mommy is second or third best. Gail Kim came out and announced that Kurt Angle allowed her to choose who she defends against. Gail chooses all three and says it will be a four way to see who the best knockout really is. They get into a brawl where Taryn & Gail send the Beautiful People from the ring.

*Samoa Joe def. Low Ki & Sanada via submission on Sanada to become the new TNA X Division Champion. Before the match, James Storm introduced Sanada as the man who ended the Great Muta's career.

Stuff from last night that appears to be for this show:

*Kurt Angle cuts a promo from the balcony putting over TNA and the six sided ring. Team Dixie (Dixie, EC3, Spud, King Mo, Rhino, Snitsky, & Ezekiel Jackson) interrupt. Snitsky & Ezekiel (using his real name of Rycklon) are now sporting Dixieland shirts. EC3 challenges Dreamer & Team 3D to one final battle.

*Tommy Dreamer and Team 3D come out for a promo. They acknowledge the challenge from Team Dixie. Bully says Dixie is going through a table tonight and they make an 8 Man Extreme Weapons match for the main event with EC3, Snitsky, Rycklon, & Rhino vs Dreamer, Team 3D, and a partner.

*Tommy Dreamer, Team 3D, & Al Snow def. Ethan Carter III, Snitsky, Rhino, & Rycklon in the Hardcore War after the 3D on Rhino

And the uncertainty of if the Dixie through the table aftermath will or won't air.

*After the match, Dixie fires Snitsky & Rycklon. Dixie remains with King Mo, Spud, and EC3. Dreamer & Team 3D come back with a table for a huge brawl. Dixie escapes but the locker room brings her back and Bully then powerbombs Dixie through the table to a huge pop. The roster surrounds the ring as Dreamer & 3D stand tall. Dixie ends up stretchered out.

Oh silly Dixie:

TNA President Dixie Carter was not at the third and final TNA Impact Wrestling taping in New York City. Those who asked where she was were told she was legitimately hurt taking her bump through a table courtesy of Bully Ray the night before.

One source I've spoken to claimed that Carter was pretty banged up, even though Bully Ray did everything humanely possible to protect her. Ray gave Carter a sit-down powerbomb through the table, similar to the spot he did with Mae Young years ago in WWE.

While Carter was protected, she is obviously not a trained wrestler. One wrestler said to me, "If you aren't calloused to it, even one bump is going to feel like a car wreck. Of course she got hurt. That was the first bump she ever took in her life."

Stories floating backstage included that Carter, 49, suffered a concussion and/or aggravated an already existing back issue. I can tell you that there are multiple sources within the company that have told me it was a legitimate injury for her, but there are also some who think it's just a work to sell the injury. Obviously, that is possible.

Hopefully that her bump card stops at 1 if this is the case. 

I doubt it's the first bump she's taken. Serge once took out AJ Styles with ONE PUNCH~!, and he looks like the kind of dude who likes his pot roast cooked juuust right.

• Like 1

Surge punches so hard that if he hits you, you'll die.  And if he misses, the wind force will give you pneumonia and you'll die anyway.

My deepest and most sincere apologies to The Rock

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Oh boy...

#BossToss: TNA Wrestling Declares August 7th "National Put Your Boss Through A Table Day"

Few are fortunate to work for a great leader. For the millions of others suffering from "I have the worst boss syndrome," gritting the teeth and biting the tongue provide only a temporary fix to the daily agony of taking orders from a superior far less smart. To offer a solution to this global pandemic of frustration, TNA IMPACT WRESTLING (Spike TV, Thursdays 9/8c) is declaring this Thursday, Aug. 7, "Put Your Boss Through A Table Day." Why keep slamming your head against the table when you can put your boss through it instead?

Between now and this Thursday night's broadcast of IMPACT WRESTLING (Spike TV, 9/8c) the aggravated and oppressed are encouraged to check the social media policy section in their employee handbook then go online to share why their boss (past or present) deserves be tossed through a table using #BossToss. Be creative using video or photos, and be sure to tag @impactwrestling on twitter, and IMPACT WRESTLING on Facebook and Instagram when publishing a post.BossTossLogo

IMPACT will select the best #BossToss entries for a prominent impactwrestling.com feature, and one #BossToss Grand Prize Winner will be awarded a $250 ShopTNA gift card and tickets to a future IMPACT WRESTLING event.

"Put Your Boss Through A Table Day" shares August 7 with other well-known celebrations like "Particularly Preposterous Packaging Day," "Sea Serpent Day" and "India Pale Ale Day," and is inspired by TNA Superstar and Hall of Fame inductee Bully Ray, who for months has endured constant harassment and provocation from his boss, TNA President Dixie Carter. Bully has guaranteed on IMPACT WRESTLING this Thursday, Aug. 7, (watch a preview) he will slam Dixie through a table, with #ItHappens already trending on twitter.

"I know what it's like to have a boss you don't respect; to have a boss you want to toss because you know you can do a better job," said Bully. "This Thursday on IMPACT I will keep my promise of putting Dixie through a table and you will not want to miss the moment #ItHappens."

I want there to be a freeze frame just before she hits the table. Then, awkward close-ups and cuts to avoid any view of the results (for reference, see that RVD/Eddie match where they edited out the fan run-in).

Oh boy...

#BossToss: TNA Wrestling Declares August 7th "National Put Your Boss Through A Table Day"

Few are fortunate to work for a great leader. For the millions of others suffering from "I have the worst boss syndrome," gritting the teeth and biting the tongue provide only a temporary fix to the daily agony of taking orders from a superior far less smart. To offer a solution to this global pandemic of frustration, TNA IMPACT WRESTLING (Spike TV, Thursdays 9/8c) is declaring this Thursday, Aug. 7, "Put Your Boss Through A Table Day." Why keep slamming your head against the table when you can put your boss through it instead?

Between now and this Thursday night's broadcast of IMPACT WRESTLING (Spike TV, 9/8c) the aggravated and oppressed are encouraged to check the social media policy section in their employee handbook then go online to share why their boss (past or present) deserves be tossed through a table using #BossToss. Be creative using video or photos, and be sure to tag @impactwrestling on twitter, and IMPACT WRESTLING on Facebook and Instagram when publishing a post.BossTossLogo

IMPACT will select the best #BossToss entries for a prominent impactwrestling.com feature, and one #BossToss Grand Prize Winner will be awarded a $250 ShopTNA gift card and tickets to a future IMPACT WRESTLING event.

"Put Your Boss Through A Table Day" shares August 7 with other well-known celebrations like "Particularly Preposterous Packaging Day," "Sea Serpent Day" and "India Pale Ale Day," and is inspired by TNA Superstar and Hall of Fame inductee Bully Ray, who for months has endured constant harassment and provocation from his boss, TNA President Dixie Carter. Bully has guaranteed on IMPACT WRESTLING this Thursday, Aug. 7, (watch a preview) he will slam Dixie through a table, with #ItHappens already trending on twitter.

"I know what it's like to have a boss you don't respect; to have a boss you want to toss because you know you can do a better job," said Bully. "This Thursday on IMPACT I will keep my promise of putting Dixie through a table and you will not want to miss the moment #ItHappens."

It's bs that Sea Serpent Day has to share the date with a made up TNA holiday.

• Like 2

Any odds that someone is dumb/crazy enough to try putting their boss through a table, gets fired, then tries to sue TNA and/or Spike?

I don't know that I'd sue, but it could give me the impetus to act on some urges.

• Like 1

LOLed at 3D and Tommy saying IT WOULD BE LIKE KISS REUNITING FOR ONE NIGHT IN THE PAINT. Why? THEY JUST TEAMED. Monsters Ball was something else. It went from being every weapons brawl ever to a crazy bloodbath with some cool visuals fairly quickly. I loved the sight of Bram spearing Abyss through the barb wire board while covered in tacks. MVP's promo was fantastic. Roode talked and talked before finally making his point nine hours into the promo. BroMans won a match that existed just to make Anderson into more of an asshole, and the start of the 8-MAN HARDCORE EXTREME WEAPONS WAR ended the first hour. They announced DURING THE INTROS that it was a cage-less War Games match where everyone had to enter the ring for a finish to count. This is a clusterfuck of stuff and only ONE GUY in the 8-man match isn't in a shirt - EC3. Okay, two now that Snow's out. 3D won out of nowhere. Snow looked really good in there, honestly. He over-delivered compared to anything he's done in TNA before.

The Dixie-Bully exchange after the match was cringe-worthy. BPs-Gail/Terrell brawl was something. The mid-show clips of next week's show were odd, but I loved the redone camo gear for Team 3D. The X Title thing is the main event for some reason. Match wasn't much and Joe beat Sanada, who just turned heel. Thank God this is part of a greater story or I'd be upset - Low-Ki only got a couple of showcase spots here, and no one really looked good. Dixie talked to Mo to set up what I assume is more talking before the table bump. After a long-ass promo that peaked with her telling a woman to pick her shit up and leave, she ate the powerbomb and landed hard on her shoulder. Well, they paid it off. It wasn't worth a months-long storyline, or even taking up THIS ENTIRE SHOW, but they showed it.

http://jayreviewsthings.blogspot.com/2014/08/tna-impact-8-7-14.html

Screens -

Extreme Mutant Ninja Turtle
276e20343700971.jpg

Poor Joe
8729aa343700977.jpg

93f8da343700961.jpg

36ac57343700507.jpg

f8f04f343700531.jpg

bcc6f1343700541.jpg

http://www.imagebam.com/gallery/neep3s0mp03n0zj5q7ezhkc93aps66tt

I'm not a TNA hater, but what the fuck did I just watch? The faces forced a woman back into the ring to get put through a table by another face. And the face announcers are putting it over like Sting beating Hogan at Starrcade.

Hey guys, this isn't 1998 and you're not ECW. If you want to know why you are losing TV, I refer you to Impact Wrestling, 8/7 edition.

Yeah, I randomly channel surfed and caught the last half hour of this. I know it's wrestling and all, but really fucked up to have 20 guys and a few women come out and force a woman into the ring with two big guys, and then everyone fucking celebrates when she gets slammed through a table. Bizarre.

That last segment with Dixie going through the table was so incredibly out of place in the current pro wrestling landscape. It was as out of place now as a Jack Brisco vs Dory, Jr match would've been during the Attitude Era/Crash TV period.