DVDVR Message Board

Money in the Bank V

Dolfan in NYC

The first 3 matches of the show (if you don't count that bullshit Sandow bullshit) were pretty awesome.

After the contract ladder match my stream went to shit and it never recovered. I had to restart it twice because it just completely tapped out. When that wasn't going on I had nothing but a bad quality and jumping back and forwards. The Payback stream a few weeks ago was perfect for me. What the hell happened? Did this happen to anyone else?

I enjoyed it. The WWEN makes it fun and easy to watch PPVs. I really liked the Usos/Wyatts tag, it was laid out very classically. The Divas title match was amateurish. I really wanted to like Big E v. Rusev but I didn't. JBL was cracking me up: "I never kissed Bronko Lubich" (confession - I also laffed at Lawler's muffler joke). Did anyone else catch an official dragging Jeb away from ringside just before Kane's pyro hit? Both ladder matches were festive. I am a Dust Head. And thank you, Randy Orton, for bringing some color to the modern WWE.

- RAF

• Like 1

After Ambrose got hurt I was half expecting him to do a Mel Gibson in Lethal Weapon 2 and slam his shoulder into the ringpost to knock it back in place.

I totally thought they were gonna do that and still think they probably should have.

But then he wouldn't have gotten that awesome pop when he ran back to the ring. Save that spot for a one-on-one match against Rollins, for when Ambrose starts his comeback after selling a beating for a few minutes.

• Like 1

I kind of like the idea of HHH having to go to Heyman asking for Brock's help to get the title off Cena.  Although I'm not sure in storyline why HHH should be that bothered by it.  Like he was acting all pissed...but Cena's totally an A+ guy, right?  They always used his name to belittle Bryan.

He'll hate it because Heyman will continually rub it in that Brock Lesnar, unlike HHH, was able to conquer the streak.  And he'll spend five minutes backstage talking to HHH while his eyes never leave Stephanie's chest.

Have Orton and Brock ever had a match? On the main roster, at least...

I vaguely recall a match between them when Orton shortly after he was called up.  I think it ended with Orton going for a cross body off the top, getting caught and smushed with an F5.

I don't know why people go crazy over talking about the lack of prestige or whatever the IC and US belts have these days. Sheamus is goddamn untouchable with that belt front and center because he's HHH's workout buddy and Barrett is one of more over acts on the company which was the case before he won the title as well, and IC belt has had approximately zero effect on that. When Ambrose had the US belt, people forgot he had it. And no one but people here give a shit about Big E.

FTFY

With the fixes, this became truth.

Isn't the point of giving someone a belt is because they are over enough?

No, not at all. A title is given because the company thinks they can make more money with it on a particular worker over any other. It can be given because someone has gained the trust and respect of management. It can be used to put a target on a babyface or to position someone as the "best wrestler". A heel can use it to get heat by retaining it. I can think of several reasons (the first mentioned being the most important) but I cannot imagine an instance when it was passed to someone because they were "over enough".

- RAF

According to the internets, Brock beat Orton in a September 2002 title match on Smackdown on the same episode where Billy and Chuck got engaged.

I thought I saw them get down on a Raw, where Orton crossbody'd Lesnar, and Lesnar rolls thru, rises to his feet - Orton in his arms - into an F5.

Brock could end the existence of humanity; pray he never wakes up.

Serious question: Why would the Authority have a problem with Cena as Champion? If not Orton, then who else would they feel comfortable with as Champion? Cena's character is pretty much a company man.

Actual John Cena is a company man. John Cena the character does stuff like give title shots to Daniel Bryan or call out the Authority on their heeling shit.

According to the internets, Brock beat Orton in a September 2002 title match on Smackdown on the same episode where Billy and Chuck got engaged.

I thought I saw them get down on a Raw, where Orton crossbody'd Lesnar, and Lesnar rolls thru, rises to his feet - Orton in his arms - into an F5.

Brock could end the existence of humanity; pray he never wakes up.

Lesnar rolling through a crossbody into an F5 is the finish for that September 5, 2002 Smackdown.

• Like 2

I don't know why WWE has Kane, Lawler, and RVD on the payroll. When I think of 'top guys' who should be handed their pink slips immediately- these 3 always come to mind. All 3 are beyond terrible and I couldn't stomach any of their respective performances tonight. In 2010, TNA proved to the world that TNA could make no money with Hogan, Sting, Flair, Angle, The Hardys, Team 3D, The Outsiders, Scott Steiner, JJ, Mick Foley, and RVD all on the active roster. Releasing Kane, Lawler, and RVD into the wild in 2014 will not hurt WWE and it will not help ANY OTHER WRESTLING COMPANY.

MITB use to be very interesting matches, but not any more. I blame Shelton Benjamin and Edge for this. Benjaim for the crazy dangerous spots that everyone feels they must take during MITB matches. Edge's blame comes into play when you consider the 'Bob The Builder' aspect to MITB and how everyone involved is more concerned with  participating in Ryan Ziegelbauer cosplay rather than winning the championship. The match structure for the last couple of years has me believing that someone in the back watched HIAC 1997 and  took Michaels' misdirection of overselling of the cage as some brilliant piece of motion art that must be replicated. People who understand the deeper meaning as to THE WHY will understand how a kick to the face in MITB will put someone outside of the ring for 5 minutes whereas in a regular 3 fall match that same move would send the receiver to the mat and the action would resume in less than 30 seconds.

I kind of like the idea of HHH having to go to Heyman asking for Brock's help to get the title off Cena.  Although I'm not sure in storyline why HHH should be that bothered by it.  Like he was acting all pissed...but Cena's totally an A+ guy, right?  They always used his name to belittle Bryan.

Finally someone says it! Completely illogical for The Authority to be pissed off that Cena won. He's THE face of the company. He's THE A+ guy!

• Like 1

Finally someone says it! Completely illogical for The Authority to be pissed off that Cena won. He's THE face of the company. He's THE A+ guy!

But Triple H has no power and influence over him and HHH likes having those things, hence why he doesn't want Cena as champion.

Because you're taking the heels at face value. They're liars who only care about personal power. Ask Batista!

Oh, and let's talk about Bray's intro. The fucking crowd was into him the second he lit the lantern. He also got GREAT pops a couple of times in the match itself. Come on WWE, don't be awful and tone deaf. You have great young talent on your roster. Grow a ball....hell, grow half of one ball and start using the talent you have on deck. "Oh, but they aren't ready yet," you'll say. You're the biggest wrestling company in the world, WWE....GET THEM READY!

This burst of nerdy frustration brought to you by me, Ramsey, who wants to be YOUR "DVDVR Cuddliest Poster" for 2014.

Cuddly Then

Cuddly Now

Cuddly Forever

• Like 2

Because you're taking the heels at face value. They're liars who only care about personal power. Ask Batista!

Ah....I disregarded HHH being a colossal dick sandwich. Gotcha.

The Rusev Big E. match was really great in terms of Rusev's character.  It was a good match for two big guys.  Big E. was allowed to look strong and brave and even almost break Rusev's finisher but ultimately succumbed. 

So now we've got a huge evil foreign monster with a camel clutch that kills anyone he gets it on and which even the strongest dude can't quite muscle out of...and as he moves up he card bigger and bigger guys can't quite survive it until...someone...breaks the hold and saves the world.

This sounds familiar, no?

So who gets to be the guy who breaks the camel clutch Accolade?  And in 2014 can they book it well enough for it to be something as big as Hogan/Sheik?