DVDVR Message Board

WWE Raw 6-9-14

MGFanJay

The show definitely peaked with the Shield's promo on Seth, who followed it up with a good promo of his own. Main event was a bit boring, but the greatness of Sheamus-Barrett nearly made up for it.

http://jayreviewsthings.blogspot.com/2014/06/raw-6-9-14.html

Screens -

d10663332037672.jpg

dc4fd8332035989.jpg

dd2bbc332036822.jpg

http://www.imagebam.com/gallery/12uq3cenioo0wubn28uevkf0y5j9qbws

Absolutely loved Dean's promo, i was getting some strong Piper vibes from him tonight. This was the best part of the show imo.

Also liked Seth's promo. When he said "I bought in" i instantly thought of Alex Shelley saying the same when he went into The Embassy, dying his hair half blonde/half black soon after.

I'm starting to enjoy Sandow's random gimmick. Can't say the guy phones it in.

Bray felt like a complete afterthought tonight, that Cena feud really elevated him heh?

• Like 1

I don't think I've ever seen a wrestling booked to cater towards food fetishists but here we are. This show was incredibly mediocre and dull. I'm so sick of seeing Wade get fed to Sheamus, but not as sick as I am of seeing Van Dam. Lana's promo was probably my highlight of the night, I love how many little touches they're putting into Rusev's gimmick. Ambrose absolutely killed it tonight on the mic, one of the best promos I've heard in a while. If WWE shoehorning Cena in with the Shield can't get Seth Rollins mega heel heat I don't know what will.

• Like 1

Absolutely loved Dean's promo, i was getting some strong Piper vibes from him tonight. This was the best part of the show imo.

Also liked Seth's promo. When he said "I bought in" i instantly thought of Alex Shelley saying the same when he went into The Embassy dying his hair half blonde/half black.

Bray felt like a complete afterthought tonight, that Cena feud really elevated him heh?

Considering that practically the entire show was all about the Shield and Rollins, what did you expect?

• Like 1

So if this is the "last night of the Shield ever" then what was that main event?   Unless something happens on this post show

You mentioned that Ambrose was Piper like but I found it more Cactus Jack ECW 1995.  I called it a "don't want to fuck with him" kind of promo

• Like 1

Seth Rollins looks and acts like a top guy...but his theme music is something I'd expect Rob Conway to come out to.

WWE has really been striking out with music lately. Rollins' sucks, Cesaro's is awful, it took them forever to get Wade's music right.

• Like 1

Dean's breathing exercises before his promo are magnificent.  You can hear him inside his head saying "See the mountain.  Breathe the mountain. FUCK THE MOUNTA...NO, no...see the ocean.  Breathe the ocean...PISS IN THE OCE>>..Dammit..."

He's so great.  All of his insane energy are focused on this one little world he maintains around himself.  It's all about his one thing. And now that that one thing has shrunk down to just him and Reigns, it's magnified.  He looks at Reigns like he's Pam in TRUE BLOOD to Roman's Eric.

Ambrose wouldn't even look at Cena most of the time.  And wouldn't tag him when he had the chance.  Then neither would Reigns.  They only trust each other.  They're turning into BADLANDS and Dean is Sissy Spacek and Martin Sheen at once.  Even after his long heat segment, when Ambrose was crawling to the ropes, he was looking at Roman and reaching for him...but he was too far away.  Only then would he turn to Cena.

Everything else on this show I've already forgotten.  It was a really boring show.

• Like 14

Dean's breathing exercises before his promo are magnificent. You can hear him inside his head saying "See the mountain. Breathe the mountain. FUCK THE MOUNTA...NO, no...see the ocean. Breathe the ocean...PISS IN THE OCE>>..Dammit..."

He's so great. All of his insane energy are focused on this one little world he maintains around himself. It's all about his one thing. And now that that one thing has shrunk down to just him and Reigns, it's magnified. He looks at Reigns like he's Pam in TRUE BLOOD to Roman's Eric.

Ambrose wouldn't even look at Cena most of the time. And wouldn't tag him when he had the chance. Then neither would Reigns. They only trust each other. They're turning into BADLANDS and Dean is Sissy Spacek and Martin Sheen at once. Even after his long heat segment, when Ambrose was crawling to the ropes, he was looking at Roman and reaching for him...but he was too far away. Only then would he turn to Cena.

Everything else on this show I've already forgotten. It was a really boring show.

This last week I re-listed to Dean's appearance on the Art of Wrestling twice and watched the Payback post-show where he had his head down on the table. I could watch that guy forever.

• Like 1

Why is everyone hating on this show? Aside from that it's what people who really like wrestling a lot and have fingers tend to do?

Sheamus/Wade was friggin' awesome. Great slugfest/brawl.

Lana was awesome tonight. The Obama workout video against Putin's shirtless horseback ride was hilarious. The crowd really bought into it, too, with the USA chants. Just a very good, fun old-school character.

Sandow's comedy shtick is working. Good for him. He's sorta been killing it with this stuff.

Bo Dallas was funny. "I'm 6-0!" His stuff rules.

Dean/Reigns destroying 3MB and following it with an absolutely money promo is one of the highlights of the year. Great stuff. Dean friggin' rules.

Seth's promo was pretty good. He's such a good douchebag. It wasn't as good as Dean's but that's not a bad thing. Dean's one of the best promo guys going, and has been for ages. It's not Seth's strongpoint but he was still really good as a self-centered prick who used his brothers and planned to from the jump.

The main event was awesome. There was so much fun stuff in this.

This was a fun episode. The only stuff that were eh to me was Paige/Alicia -- and even that wasn't too bad - and Rybaxl/Goludust + R-Truth. And that at least has some story to it that might pay off next week in some fashion.

• Like 3

I loved Rollins assessment of Ambrose too:

"Given a week to his own devices, he's face down in a ditch."

The great thing is that character-wise, it's completely true.  He's so valuable to his team, but potentially such a liability at the same time. 

He's beautiful and doomed, like all great maniacs.

• Like 3

Also liked Seth's promo. When he said "I bought in" i instantly thought of Alex Shelley saying the same when he went into The Embassy, dying his hair half blonde/half black soon after.

I'm starting to enjoy Sandow's random gimmick. Can't say the guy phones it in.

I also instantly thought of Alex Shelley's promo when he joined The Embassy. I enjoyed Rollins explanation and I'm willing to give his split from The Shield a chance.

Besides the Shield, the only worthwile parts of this show were interpretive dance Sandow and Lana's magnificent dumper. Luke Harper continues to be great, but that's a given at this point.

• Like 1

I tuned in very late (10:47) and while that main wasn't bad, it wasn't necessarily good, either, and only got going during the "everybody hits their finishers" dash at the end, at which point the crowd started chanting "this is awesome." Yeah, the last two minutes is awesome, but the very long part leading up to it wasn't necessarily awesome. Not bad, either. 

Other little things:

1. God, Cole recapped the night's happenings about 2,000 times during the part of the main I saw. He must've used "stabbed in the back" about 200 times. 

2. Right before the closing sequence, Cena practically shouted a spot (right before that dance sequence thing with him).

3. I got the impression that the Shield would never team together again if they lost. I thought they'd lose, then both get thrown into Money in the Bank.

4. Reigns is so athletic for a big man. I never saw the big deal in him, but they've got something on their hands if they play it right. 

Gregg has lost it.  Even reading his list of things that happened, I'm bored by my memories of them.

I just have no idea what the heck people expect from Raw. There was a ton of really good stuff on tonight's show. You're nailing it with the Ambrose commentary. That match was another great Raw main event and it served a purpose -- The Shield don't need Seth Rollins to be The Wyatts, their biggest rivals. Sheamus/Wade was great. I know people might be sick of Sheamus, and I'm not a huge fan, but those dudes beating the hell out of each other and flying to the floor is really great. Cesaro beat RVD, so the dude we all love is going into MITB and might walk out with the belt for all we know. And we got a killer Dean promo.

I just don't see what the complaints were? There wasn't an earth shattering moment but everything moved along. The only stuff that bored me was Fandango/Layla/Summer and Swagger/Santino.